Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

What are your thoughts about the Final Boss Fight? (Spoilers)

• 70 results
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

(Just my Opinion) To be honest I was abit disappointed with the last boss fight.Shooting Nicole then shooting at the heart of the marker was easy.On top of that the last boss,wasn't as interesting as the final boss in the original Dead Space.I was expecting more out of the final boss for Dead Space 2.Hell I thought fighting Nicole was going to lead up to another boss fight,but I was wrong.So what are your Opinions about the Final Boss for dead space 2?

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Getz

I never beat the original so I can't compare them, but I can see where you're going with this. It wasn't exactly difficult, especially if you just use the energy beam rifle thingy (having a brain fart; can't remember the name). Calling it anti-climactic wouldn't be doing it justice though, it was pretty fuckin' sweet when the thing blows up and Isaac sits down for a rest for the first time, only to immediately have to hurriedly jetpack his way on to the escaping ship. Also, the lead-up to the fight where you're running through corridors being chased by that invincible necromorph was pretty intense and I thought that made for a good challenging ending set-piece. Reminded me of the Nemesis from RE3.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By falserelic
    @Getz: LOL! I agree getting chased by the invincible necromorph was intense and frustrating.I was playing on hard mode and that damn thing annoyed the hell out of me.It would get me trapped in tight corridors and I end up getting jumped by other necromorphs.But it was still fun even though it was hell.
    DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By DeShawn2ks
    @falserelic:  I don't know man I kinda liked it. To me the I considered the boss fight was the whole part running from the necromorph that kept healing itself and couldn't be stopped up until the fight with Nicole. The fight with Nicole was a break from that real tense time. Got to say I loved the ending though I was like "oh shit what is about to happen now?". 
    Then boom credits, that part had me cracking up.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Slaker117

I guess the boss fight itself was nothing much, but the last chapter as a whole was incredible. So fanatic and intense.

Also, if you let Nicole touch you, you get probably the best death scene in the game. I'm not a huge fan of gore for the sake of gore, but I can appreciate the level of gruesome detail they put into that one.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By falserelic
    @DeShawn2ks: I thought that part was pretty funny too. 
    Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Sarumarine

It seems to me that Dead Space doesn't really "do" final boss fights. I mean, there was the Hive Mind in the first game, but it wasn't really much of a challenge. I enjoyed their lead up in Dead Space 2 ending in a confrontation with the Marker, and that was good enough in place of a final boss or other large grotesque creature. Besides, if you let Nicole touch you get a great/terrible death scene.

My favorite part of the ending (even though I hated it in the moment) was the Hive Mind/Hunter hybrid thing. When it bust into the room I didn't even know it was a new Necromorph until I chopped its limbs off, went to hack the panel and was attacked as it got up again. That thing was freaky in the way it just showed up, no big introduction or explanation. Suddenly you're being stalked by something that regenerates like the Hunter and has the head of the Hive Mind. I was having flashbacks to the first game when the crazy doctor guy is like "check this out, I made a Necromorph that regenerates limbs." Fuck that shit! However, the Ripper tears it to shreds without wasting boxes of ammo, so that was nice.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Edwardryu

yeah, that ubermorph... I hate it, and very annoying as well. it is totally insane to follow me to the end of wall. imagine, if something like that follows you in real life, man, that will be so terrifying. 

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PillClinton

didn't like the final fight AT ALL.  almost soiled the fantastic experience of the rest of the game for me, in fact.  i liked the actual story ending after, and everything leading up to it, but damn.  sorta difficult in a really annoying way, on survivalist at least. 

megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By megasoum

Yeah didn't really mind the last boss but the last chapter as a whole (including the flying to the ship part) was awesome. I hope you guys stayed until the end of the credits too..you get a bonus!

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Afroman269

It was ok. Like other people said, it was more about that regenerating asshole. Also that was a great ending they did. The dude looks over all scared and the chick is just like, what? I have to admit I'm sorta confused about the whole marker business. In the first they made it sound like the Hivemind was the guy behind all of this and that the marker was sealing it away. Yet in this game the marker is what is creating these monsters? Weird......unless it's the whole marker manipulating people by using apparitions. 

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTM

Well it wasn't as good as the Hive Mind, but I couldn't care less really since I wasn't expecting a boss like the first. I liked how Isaac added the "Goddammit, I trusted you. Fuck you, and fuck your marker." Plus, the ending was great. I don't know if I like how they made the ending funny or not though. It was fine.
    zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zidane_24

The fight itself was pretty meh, but if you run into Nicole when you're fighting her? That death is right up there with getting the needle part wrong. Gruesome, and I enjoyed watching it. 

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gike987

I'm at the final boss right now with almost no ammo left. So the boss is unbeatable for me. The worst part is that the all my saves are after the last shop, so I probably have to play through the whole game again If I  want to beat it.

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By thehuntsmen5434
    @gike987:  Yea, I'm in the same boat.  I'll probably just sell the game and buy it in the future and try again though. Sucks I really liked this series, and I was the only one of my friends with enough balls to play it lol.
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By amir90
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gike987
    @thehuntsmen5434 said:
    " @gike987:  Yea, I'm in the same boat.  I'll probably just sell the game and buy it in the future and try again though. Sucks I really liked this series, and I was the only one of my friends with enough balls to play it lol. "
    I actually managed to beat it by reloading an earlier save and shooting almost no enemies on the way to the last boss, took me about 20  tries, but I finally managed to beat the boss. I still think they should have put a room with some ammo before the last boss. They reset your health before the final boss, so why not give you some ammo.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spoonman671

I liked that it was more personal and story-focused than just playing through the game to get my big monster at the end.  From that perspective it was pretty good, but mechanically it was kind of weak.  Also, I hate all bosses that send swarms of regular enemies at you.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I found it to be incredibly disappointing, from both a story and gameplay perspective. I wouldn't even really call it a boss fight. I thought the couple of bosses that were in the first game were excellent, so I was really looking forward to seeing what Visceral could come up with for boss fights in here. As it turns out, there are none, and I can't help but feel supremely let down by this fact. 

I honestly thought the entire last chapter was poorly done. I get that they tried to make it very tense by randomly throwing in that regenerating sack of shit Hunter, but I just found it to be incredibly annoying and frustrating. Then going from that right into the final "fight", and that fight being what it was, made for a very weak ending to what was otherwise a pretty damn great game. I will say that the VERY end of the game was nice callback to the original's ending, however.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By falserelic
    @OneKillWonder: I understand how you feel.The few bosses in the original dead space was fun.Your right about the bosses for dead space 2,There really wasn't any bosses to fight.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By falserelic

(Quick Question to Anybody) Did you feel like dead space 2 was shorter then the first?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By handlas

the whole end sequence is a complete let-down.  Dead Space 1 is easily superior.  As for the end being "easy."  Did you play it on Zealot?  Zero fun to be had for me personally.  Rehashing the regenerating necromorph simply to make the end more difficult was stupid.  Then the end boss is lame when the shadow creatures start popping out....little skill involved, mainly just luck that you dont get ambushed from behind by those guys since they spawn in a circle around you and you can hardly even see them.  Nicole spawned on me several times which is instant death (at least 9 times); another luck of the draw thing that is a major turn-off.  

Perhaps its partly my fault for jumping into Zealot right off the bat but colored me disappointed with this sequel since Dead Space 1 was one of my favorite...hell I even S ranked it and I almost never do that.  Gameplay-wise the games are pretty much identical but Dead Space 1 had far better pacing and the end of the game was 100% better in every way; getting off the ship for the first time was one of my favorite parts. 

Length-wise, game was definitely shorter...I beat it in under 9 hours on Zealot.  However, it didn't really feel short.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By falserelic
    @handlas: The game felt abit short to me,I played it on hard mode and it took me 2 days to beat the game.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By handlas

gonna play it on hardcore?  Hehe...

I'm complaining but, don't get me wrong, it was a fine game.  I'm gonna do new game+ on casual and just have fun this time around.  Zealot was a b*tch.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Sooty

I had barely any ammo which made it a bitch, on survivalist.  Decent boss fight. 

Ending was good, liked how it was the same as the first game, close up on Isaac, slowly tilting to the left but this time Nicole wasn't there to scare the shit out of me. 

Don't know why people are saying Nicole spawning on you is random. It's not, never happened to me once, you just have to be careful to not run into her as she spawns just a bit in front of you...

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By falserelic
    @handlas: I'm already playing this game on hardcore mode.Its fucking insane,especially when you can only save 3 times.But I'm determine to beat this shit on hardcore.This fucking game can't get the best of me son. 
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShaneDev

I thought it was a kinda annoying but a bit more interesting than the final boss in Dead Space 1 which was stupidly easy. What I found more annoying though was the  invincible necromorph, I was thinking throughout the game that it was good they didnt bring back the  invincible necromorph thing again because that was annoying as shit in the first game and then right at the end they throw one in. I was also disappointed  we didn't  learn anything more about the markers and it seemed like they changed what the markers do since the first game. I would have liked a little but more of an explanation. That last moment on the ship though was great in fact all the interactions between Isaac and Elle where pretty good. The game had a pretty good ending other than that last conversation which sets up the sequel if they are going to make one. Anyway it was a great game I want to start it over again now.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By kerse
    @DeShawn2ks said:
    " @falserelic:  I don't know man I kinda liked it. To me the I considered the boss fight was the whole part running from the necromorph that kept healing itself and couldn't be stopped up until the fight with Nicole. The fight with Nicole was a break from that real tense time. Got to say I loved the ending though I was like "oh shit what is about to happen now?". 
    Then boom credits, that part had me cracking up. "
    The great part about that is its exactly how dead space 1 ends, except that when he looks over demon nicole like jumps at him, then the credits, I like the new girl though.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Akeldama
    @DeShawn2ks said:
    " @falserelic:
    Then boom credits, that part had me cracking up. "
    Dude I am totally with you. I noticed it was happening just like in the first game and I was waiting for it. Such a great moment!
    Jash530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jash530

The art of making a final boss is dead

lalalauren1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lalalauren1

Damn it, am I the only one that is having trouble beating the final boss.   I screwed myself by not buying any health packs or ammo (stupid me) =/  

But I agree, It's kind of a lame final boss. I expected a giant hulk sized necromorphe (sorry forgot how to spell it) to come out of the marker after I shot nicole lol  

Overall, I loved the game, although I thought it was easier than the first one, even on zealot. =/

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By amir90
    @lalalauren1:  I actually thought it was harder then DS1, maybe you just turned pro after playing much DS1? :D
    lalalauren1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lalalauren1

Maybe lol It took me forever to finish DS1, This one I flew by...  

Then again I have the zealot force gun =X Collectors editions all the way =)

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34  Edited By nickux

It pains me to say this because I love Dead Space so much but I didn't like the final "boss" in DS2. It just didn't feel good to me, it was frustrating because I got to that point with no health or ammo. It just brought shit to a halt and it was annoying. It's a shame because I don't even quite understand why and how the marker was destroyed because I fought my mind. I'm replaying the game again to get a better understanding of the ending. 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By xyzygy

I was really disappointed by the ending of this game, not only because of the stupid boss battle but because of the whole of chapter 14 where you have that absolutely DUMBASS regenerating necromorph chasing you. Seriously that was such a lazy thing to do, I am so sick of the whole regenerating enemy-chase that games do. If he was able to regenerate, why can't ALL of them regenerate? Aren't they all created from DNA sludge? Why is this one so special!  

Jesus! Like, you come off such a rush from doing the eye part and then that bastard come out of the wall.  

"Oh, I think I'm just gonna chase you for a whole chapter instead of letting you make a climactic progression to the end of this great game. And while you're at it, let's set the end boss battle inside your brain. Yeah, ok, your weapons, suits and power nodes will carry over into your brain and you'll have ammo there too. We can set you down on a floating island filled with ghostly necromorphs, your dead girlfriend, and a giant statue with a heart, but no we can't give you something as outlandish as infinite ammo or invincibility. This is reality we're talking about."

Fuelee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fuelee

Final Boss Fight was like 'Ryan's Inferno' all over again.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By OneManX
    @xyzygy said:
    " I was really disappointed by the ending of this game, not only because of the stupid boss battle but because of the whole of chapter 14 where you have that absolutely DUMBASS regenerating necromorph chasing you. Seriously that was such a lazy thing to do, I am so sick of the whole regenerating enemy-chase that games do. If he was able to regenerate, why can't ALL of them regenerate? Aren't they all created from DNA sludge? Why is this one so special!   Jesus! Like, you come off such a rush from doing the eye part and then that bastard come out of the wall.   "Oh, I think I'm just gonna chase you for a whole chapter instead of letting you make a climactic progression to the end of this great game. And while you're at it, let's set the end boss battle inside your brain. Yeah, ok, your weapons, suits and power nodes will carry over into your brain and you'll have ammo there too. We can set you down on a floating island filled with ghostly necromorphs, your dead girlfriend, and a giant statue with a heart, but no we can't give you something as outlandish as infinite ammo or invincibility. This is reality we're talking about." "
    Cuz it's a video game?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By xyzygy
    @OneManX: I know it's a video game and I know it's not real, duh. It's just that inclusion of the retarded chasing guy was lazy and really stupid.
    BC_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BC_

I found it just as annoying as the next guy, but I'm actually a little surprised there wasn't more than one ubermorph in this game.

SunnyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SunnyD

Now should I go play Dead Space 1? Do I need to play it? I did watch that little trailer before I start the game.
    Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By Pop

I thought it was pretty good but I was expecting to fight a huge necromorph from all the combined ones and I knew Nicole wasn't really her memory just the marker fucking with me, oh and when he sits down I was like ahh well least there won't be a dead space 3 cause this ended pretty good, but then one more thing to do. But there's something I don't understand I have to replay it, why did Tiedmann wanted Isaac dead? cause he was just killing necromorphs and yea he helped create the Marker is that enough to get a man killed? meh idk. :D 

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

It's probably one of my favourite boss fights in a long time, to be honest. It wasn't the best fight by any means, but I still liked the atmosphere of the whole thing, so I was able to look past some of the gameplay shortcomings and still love it.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By weegieanawrench
    @FuzzYLemoN said:
    " It's probably one of my favourite boss fights in a long time, to be honest. It wasn't the best fight by any means, but I still liked the atmosphere of the whole thing, so I was able to look past some of the gameplay shortcomings and still love it. "
    I'm with you here man, I really enjoyed the ending of this game. The only thing that soured it for me was the Ubermorph. That on top of all the other necromorphs in the corridors leading up to the Marker was a bit much. Also, fuck that necromorph that spits acid, I died so many times because my armour was locked up.
    wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By wickedsc3

I don't think it really needed to have a big boss fight as that would feel out of place.  Throughout the game there really was no spots where u fought bosses at the end of the level or anything so having one big one at the end wouldn't seem right.  I think it was more about the story and doing what you came to do, destroy the marker.  

kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kyelb22

I actually loved DS2's final boss WAY more than the Hive Mind of the original. The fact that it took place in Isaac's mind made it way more personal and meaningful than the clichéd BIG MONSTER finale. And I didn't mind that they threw the wave of babie-things at you, because I stocked up on a LOT of Force gun ammo, so i blew away everything, including Nicole, then switched to my maxed Cutter to hit the heart, or whatever-the-hell that thing was.

DirtyEagles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DirtyEagles

I have no ammo on the last boss so I have to smack nicole with the line gun about 15x to get those children to come out. Totally ruining the ending  for myself, and making it sound dirty at the same time.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Akeldama
    @Sarumarine said:
    " It seems to me that Dead Space doesn't really "do" final boss fights. I mean, there was the Hive Mind in the first game, but it wasn't really much of a challenge. I enjoyed their lead up in Dead Space 2 ending in a confrontation with the Marker, and that was good enough in place of a final boss or other large grotesque creature. Besides, if you let Nicole touch you get a great/terrible death scene. My favorite part of the ending (even though I hated it in the moment) was the Hive Mind/Hunter hybrid thing. When it bust into the room I didn't even know it was a new Necromorph until I chopped its limbs off, went to hack the panel and was attacked as it got up again. That thing was freaky in the way it just showed up, no big introduction or explanation. Suddenly you're being stalked by something that regenerates like the Hunter and has the head of the Hive Mind. I was having flashbacks to the first game when the crazy doctor guy is like "check this out, I made a Necromorph that regenerates limbs." Fuck that shit! However, the Ripper tears it to shreds without wasting boxes of ammo, so that was nice. "
    When I played through on the second time, you totally see it leading the charge when you shut the lights and all the necromorphs rush the barricade in the gov sector. Look closely.
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SSully
    @xyzygy said:
    " I was really disappointed by the ending of this game, not only because of the stupid boss battle but because of the whole of chapter 14 where you have that absolutely DUMBASS regenerating necromorph chasing you. Seriously that was such a lazy thing to do, I am so sick of the whole regenerating enemy-chase that games do. If he was able to regenerate, why can't ALL of them regenerate? Aren't they all created from DNA sludge? Why is this one so special!   Jesus! Like, you come off such a rush from doing the eye part and then that bastard come out of the wall.   "Oh, I think I'm just gonna chase you for a whole chapter instead of letting you make a climactic progression to the end of this great game. And while you're at it, let's set the end boss battle inside your brain. Yeah, ok, your weapons, suits and power nodes will carry over into your brain and you'll have ammo there too. We can set you down on a floating island filled with ghostly necromorphs, your dead girlfriend, and a giant statue with a heart, but no we can't give you something as outlandish as infinite ammo or invincibility. This is reality we're talking about." "
    In the game's defense, the last section takes place inside your brain, but in reality Issac is really fighting the enemies and shooting the marker. At least that is how I took it.  

I personally loved the whole game. Yes, the regenerating necromorph was a bit annoying, but I liked this final sequence better then the first dead space. I am not a big fan of a single man being able to take down a huge boss because it has a few weak points, so I am glad they did not do the same thing in this game for the final fight. 
    delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#49  Edited By delta_ass

Not sure I'd even call that final fight a boss.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Yanngc33

It was a little to easy but the final cutscene made up for it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.