Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Isaac Clarke, now aided by a soldier named John Carver, pursues the ominous threat of the Markers to the ice world Tau Volantis, now overrun with the terrifying Necromorphs, as well as the Human cultists who worship them.

Awakened DLC Trailer and Release Date

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

So yeah, it totally takes place after the ending, so spoilers I guess. I honestly don't think this is gross in the same way Asura's Wrath was because Dead Space 3 had an actual ending, but it still feels weird. I also admit that I will buy this for reasons I can't quite explain other then I'm a huge sucker. So I don't know, talk about it or whatever.

EDIT: Or right, almost forgot. It comes out March 12th.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

is there some kind of conspiracy involving people sitting in a room and trying to come up with the most generic one word subtitles for game/dlc titles?

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@casper_: I think subtitles in general are pretty bad.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By handlas

I watched a tid bit of it but it looks like it takes place in the space stations from the full game. They just put candles everywhere and made the cultist enemies the main focus. So.... seems pretty lazy. I wonder how it starts because...ya know... the ending is kind of crazy.

Edit: Oh this is a different video. I watched some gameplay from IGN.

So your COOP dood is alive too? Really? That's pretty silly if so.... unless it's a hallucination. DLC as Ellie trying to get back home would of been so much more interesting.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

That really did nothing for me but then again even at the height of my Dead Space love after DS2 I didn't get the Severed DLC either.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wrighteous86

I assumed this was going to tie up Lexine Murdoch's storyline, but I guess that's probably another piece of DLC they'll make. Or, was it wrapped up during DS3? I haven't played it yet.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jeanluc  Staff

@wrighteous86: No she hasn't been mentioned since Severed. Unless it was in some comic book or something else that I didn't read.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

Want...to...click...and...watch...but...lore whore...haven't...played...Dead Space 3...resisting...urge...to...find...out...what...the fuck...everyone...is...on...about...

I'm not giving in, goddammit. I can't.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

So disappointing. I really wish Isaac could have just been left to die along with Carver. Also, it looks like they'll be expanding on the whole player-exclusive psychological effects, only this time it'll be Isaac who sees all of the weird shit while Carver just sees more dank hallways. That new enemy type looks creepy at least. But yeah, I was hoping this would either be a new side-story starring a new pair of protagonists (I was hoping it'd be a pair of Unitologists or something) or, as @Wrighteous86 mentioned, the next chapter in whatever the Hell is going on with Lexine.

I wouldn't be surprised if that story thread has just been dropped at this point frankly. It just sucks how so in love they are with their Isaac character, when he's easily one of the most boring characters in the series. Especially after DS3 extending his action-man persona even further.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.