Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Isaac Clarke, now aided by a soldier named John Carver, pursues the ominous threat of the Markers to the ice world Tau Volantis, now overrun with the terrifying Necromorphs, as well as the Human cultists who worship them.

Dead Space 3 on PC to be straight port.

• 101 results
    Avatar image for ekpyroticuniverse
    Ekpyroticuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@Humanity:

Actually you are incorrect, The point that the game will be lacking on PC in comparison to the consoles is reflective of the controls of the game. Which might not have been all that clear in my post so sorry for that. How would you like it if you put in a game that had not been optimised to your consol of choices controls? The 360 controller and dual shock have different dead zones and need to be optimised for separately, yet dead space 1, 2 and now 3 have mouse and keyboard controls that are too floaty and clearly not optimised for them. I am not going to spend my money on a product that a company didn’t think was worth the effort to optimised for the platform of my choice. They don’t owe me optimised keyboard and mouse controls but neither do I have to except a product without them. This is a simple argument of I wish to spend my money on products that meet certain standards and this game simply does not meet them in its current format.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By bacongames

Whatever, I care if the game is worth a damn first, then talk to me about porting nonsense. I've been playing PC games a long time, and have had to fuck with .dll's and config files like you wouldn't believe before. Is it nice if I don't have to do that? Sure but it's not something I'm necessarily lamenting either. It's a slight bummer and if it takes away from the experience, that's how I will evaluate the product. Otherwise I'll hold off judgement until it comes out and then decide relative to my threshold and experience whether the port is worth it or not.

I'll say this, at the very least the PC port will likely still be the best version out there and someone will be able to post where to crack it open a little bit to change somethings around.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By zenmastah

So like the previous Dead Space games, this too is capped at 30 frames when vsync is turned on ingame, so turn that shit off ingame and turn it on via Nvidia Control Panel or AMD Catalyst to get 60 frames.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#104  Edited By musubi
    @Oldirtybearon True they dont owe PC gamers anything but when developers have tried and do put in the work word quickly spreads that THAT is the version to get. See the recently released DmC as a very good example of this. Or other good PC console ports like Saints Row 3. PC gaming is becoming more mainstream now. Smart developers would take advantage of this.
    Guac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Guac

I don't have the game active yet but it looks like the game has many graphics options. I think by 'straight PC port' they might have meant no additional content or textures because it looks like it has tons of options. http://imgur.com/a/iRWM0. The article uses the word 'some' and I guess this falls into that category. Apparently turning off vsync also unlocks the frame rate so it's not capped but I have no idea if it supports DirectX 11.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/17wij5/dead_space_3_not_a_straight_port_as_reputed_after/

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By EXTomar

This is fine since it appears to be a business decision. If EA thinks it is too expensive to do a PC port then I think it is too expensive to buy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.