Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Isaac Clarke, now aided by a soldier named John Carver, pursues the ominous threat of the Markers to the ice world Tau Volantis, now overrun with the terrifying Necromorphs, as well as the Human cultists who worship them.

Get This for $40

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By colourful_hippie

Direct2Playhas this for $40. I posted a thread about how the site had DmC for $20 (which appears to still be ongoing as of this time) and I didn't see any complaints about the site so I think I'm going to take a chance on this game despite my reservations about how the game will turn out.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Funkydupe

Are you somehow affiliated with that site?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By big_jon

@Funkydupe: The fuck?

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Funkydupe: Yes, my secret swiss bank account gets a deposit every time I increase traffic to the site.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Funkydupe

@Colourful_Hippie: Yeah?

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Funkydupe: I hope you're not as naive as you sound.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ripelivejam

is this one of those wonky sites with Russian codes?

all my (not so) discretionary income atm is saved for Fire Emblem anyway :)

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Funkydupe

@Colourful_Hippie: I asked you a question. if it struck a nerve then I apologize.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By colourful_hippie

@ripelivejam: Other users mentioned that the site has been up for years (if that means something I guess) and they offer region free keys. The paypal option should help relieve anyone worried about using their cards.

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ryanmgraef

Yeah hippie is always on giant bomb. So that would be a really elaborate sales pitch. I think he's just tryin to give us a heads up. Though I am to lazy to deal with p.c. Gaming. Thanks for the thought:)

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Funkydupe

@Ryanmgraef: Must have missed his other deals then. No harm intended.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By laserbolts

I need to build a PC. So many deals I'm missing out on.

Brofessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Brofessor

I ordered a copy, lets see what happens *fingers crossed*

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By colourful_hippie

@laserbolts: You'll be able to pick up most of these for even less when the Steam sales roll around every so often.

@Brofessor: Did you get a key sent to you automatically? I didn't buy it yet because the sale is for a couple more days and I kinda want to wait for reviews. Apparently the preload is up but I don't know if they will send the key earlier or wait till release date.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I would recommend caution to any of you thinking about buying anything from Direct2Play There are rumors abound of Russian CD/Steam keys and people getting bans from Steam or devs/publishers for playing games purchased on that site. Not to mention the fact that in another thread similar to this one, someone from Estonia registered for GB just to make one post in broken English defending Direct2Play.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bybeach

Direct2Drive..I've heard of them. And I once bought a game off another...maybe it was Direct 2 Drive...Think it was another tho, an honest site but with some functional difficulties. I do remember my game working. I now keep thinking it was Direct 2Drive! If so and I am remembering right, they been around a long time.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Funkydupe

@bybeach: Direct2Drive (commonly D2D) was an online game store offering PC videogames via direct download. On May 25, 2011, GameFly acquired Direct2Drive.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Chaser324: I didn't know about that, thanks for the heads up, but do you know if the region free keys had problems associated with them? I haven't heard of any complaints at least for the region free stuff, there are other keys they that straight up require you to use a VPN because you have to be in Russia for it to work. Those cases seem like the ones where you'd get banned.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@bybeach:

Direct2Drive is a perfectly legit site, formerly affiliated with IGN and now owned by Gamefly. Direct2Play on the other hand is an extremely shady looking site with a suspiciously similar name.

@Colourful_Hippie:

If I was 100% certain that it was a scam site, you wouldn't be reading this here because this thread would've been deleted. There are quite a few people that say they've gotten working games from them, so I'm not going to stop anyone from pursuing a bargain, but I've heard enough questionable things to make me personally concerned about entering in any sort of payment info into that site. For instance, this post over on GameFAQs sounds shady as hell:

[...] They didn't send me my key, for example. They sent me a link to their website, that had the picture of a back of a game case, with the CD key displayed there. Then when I redeemed the key on Steam, Steam did note "Sleeping Dogs (Russian)". [...]
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Chaser324: Yeah I've heard of a similar case. It's hard to tell if that key was sent under the guise of a "region free key" which would then show that they are straight up lying. At the very least I'm going to go ahead with paypal then and take a chance (which seems to be the only way to buy the game as of this time)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jakob187

@Ryanmgraef said:

Though I am to lazy to deal with p.c. Gaming.

This particular line baffles me. "Too lazy to deal with PC gaming"?

I'm never to lazy to deal with PC gaming when it means I'm going to get games for a fraction of the price. If anything, I don't understand how people can be so lazy as to continue dealing with console gaming and its torrential level of bullshit.

Oh well. To each their own I guess. I'm going to go enjoy DmC for $20. = /

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Well, I haven't been banned for buying DmC from them, yet...(They also sent the steam code via a relatively 'legit' looking email, instead of just a photo of an insert, so that's good, I guess.)

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Dallas_Raines: What did Steam say when you entered the code? Did it say something about the copy being Russian or something?

The_Big_Rough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Big_Rough

Think it would be the whole using a VPN to activate the game that would get you banned from steam using a region free key should be fine.

That said did buy the russian version of BF3 and it activated on origin without a VPN just fine. Risk/Reward gotta love PC Gaming

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@Colourful_Hippie:

Nope, just ""DmC Devil May Cry Retail".

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By BaneFireLord

EVERYONE: Do yourselves a favor and spend some time reading Direct2Play's game descriptions. They are works of art.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By colourful_hippie

@BaneFireLord said:

EVERYONE: Do yourselves a favor and spend some time reading Direct2Play's game descriptions. They are works of art.

Oh god you're right!

RubberFactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RubberFactory

Heads up for anyone that's buying it on consoles. Amazons offering $20 credit to those who preorder.

@jakob187 said:

@Ryanmgraef said:

I'm never to lazy to deal with PC gaming when it means I'm going to get games for a fraction of the price. If anything, I don't understand how people can be so lazy as to continue dealing with console gaming and its torrential level of bullshit.

I can see where is coming from. I prefer to play games on PC, but you have to deal with a lot of technical hiccups that consoles don't have. I just finished RMA' ing my second GTX 670, and I can't count the number of games I've had to spent hours troubleshooting before I could get them to work properly. When Computer gaming works it's awesome, but you have to put some work into it sometimes.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ravenlight

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@BaneFireLord said:

Oh god you're right!

Oh man. Some Google Translate magic happening here:

The game brings Isaac Clarke and John Carver on a trip around space to explore the resource of the Necromorph occurrence. Crash landing on the freezing world of Tau Volantis, Isaac must clean the severe atmosphere for raw components and scavenged areas. Then he’ll put his technological innovation abilities to the greatest test to make and personalize weaponry and success resources. The ice world maintains the key to finishing the Necromorph affect permanently but firstly Isaac has to get over dangerous ice-climbs, avalanches and the aggressive forests. Experiencing more harmful progressed opponents and the intense components, Isaac can select to group up, not only for his own success but also for mankind’s survival. Play together with a buddy or go for it alone as Isaac is using the smooth new falls in, fall out co-op performance. Each method provides exclusive tale components and game play.

"Aggressive forests" is my top pick for either a new gamertag, band, or baby name.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By BaneFireLord
    @Ravenlight said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@BaneFireLord said:

Oh god you're right!

The game brings Isaac Clarke and John Carver on a trip around space to explore the resource of the Necromorph occurrence. Crash landing on the freezing world of Tau Volantis, Isaac must clean the severe atmosphere for raw components and scavenged areas. Then he’ll put his technological innovation abilities to the greatest test to make and personalize weaponry and success resources. The ice world maintains the key to finishing the Necromorph affect permanently but firstly Isaac has to get over dangerous ice-climbs, avalanches and the aggressive forests. Experiencing more harmful progressed opponents and the intense components, Isaac can select to group up, not only for his own success but also for mankind’s survival. Play together with a buddy or go for it alone as Isaac is using the smooth new falls in, fall out co-op performance. Each method provides exclusive tale components and game play.

"Aggressive forests" is my top pick for either a new gamertag, band, or baby name.

The best one I've seen is Crysis 3, primarily because of this opening excerpt and its inadvertent, nonsensical pun (emphasis my own): 

The hunted becomes the seeker in the CryEngine-powered open-world present shooter Crysis 3! Gamers take on the part of 'Prophet' as he profits to New York in the year in 2047, only to discover that the town has been wrapped in a Nanodome designed by the corrupt Cell Corporation.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By jakob187

@RubberFactory said:

Heads up for anyone that's buying it on consoles. Amazons offering $20 credit to those who preorder.

@jakob187 said:

@Ryanmgraef said:

I can see where is coming from. I prefer to play games on PC, but you have to deal with a lot of technical hiccups that consoles don't have. I just finished RMA' ing my second GTX 670, and I can't count the number of games I've had to spent hours troubleshooting before I could get them to work properly. When Computer gaming works it's awesome, but you have to put some work into it sometimes.

The largest amount of trouble I've had with any PC games was the following:

• Setting up FilterKeys in order to properly use KB/M with Dead Island
    • Getting Sikkmod 1.2 to work on Doom 3/Resurrection of Evil

Literally every other game that I've loaded onto my computer has been "start it up, play with some graphics options for the hell of it, then play like a muthafucker." This is all on a computer that I spent about $600 on total.

Meanwhile, my console experiences have been horrible. Cloud save losses, discs not working after some time, console dying, file corruptions, etc etc. It's been non-stop hassles with consoles, and they are supposed to be the easier option. It just doesn't feel that way to me at all anymore.

RubberFactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RubberFactory

@jakob187: I wish I had your luck, everything in my computer is top of the line New SSD, Gtx 680, 12GB Ram, i7 Processor, it should be a dream. But instead I've spent more time trying to get it to work then I have spent playing games. I've been upgrading my rig for 5 years and I don't think I've ever had it completely functional. I built my computer from scratch and I'm not the most computer literate person. That's probably the source of most of my problems. I know I'm unlucky, but I'm not alone. PCs have a lot more variables then consoles so there's bound to be more issues for most people.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PillClinton

@BaneFireLord said:

@Ravenlight said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@BaneFireLord said:

Oh god you're right!

The best one I've seen is Crysis 3, primarily because of this opening excerpt and its inadvertent, nonsensical pun (emphasis my own):

The hunted becomes the seeker in the CryEngine-powered open-world present shooter Crysis 3! Gamers take on the part of 'Prophet' as he profits to New York in the year in 2047, only to discover that the town has been wrapped in a Nanodome designed by the corrupt Cell Corporation.

First line of the Dark Souls description:

Extremely Deep, Black & Difficult

I couldn't make that up if I wanted to.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ravenlight

@PillClinton said:

First line of the Dark Souls description:

Extremely Deep, Black & Difficult

I couldn't make that up if I wanted to.

Sounds like somebody's ex.

Brofessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Brofessor

Colorful text/game descriptions aside, I just received 3 keys for Deadspace 3, one game key, and two dlc keys. Went to origin, unlocked the game, and the dlc keys, no problem downloading as we speak. I can't speak for how trustworthy the site is on a whole, but in this case and in this instance they delivered and I'm satisfied with the transaction.

kylekrueger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kylekrueger

Written by recommended Dark Knight Writer David Goyer, the game takes you to the season 2025, where a new Cold War has exploded between the U.S. and China. When a enemy company hacks into the US's military system, immediately they management a military of innovative drones and automatic weapons. A drone strike on the city of Los Angeles is just the asking of what can happen when hackers management a collection of the globe's most innovative military components. Take everything you already love about the Call of Duty series and add women and farm pets, and immediately COD Black Ops II is the most expected game of the season.

I have not played black ops 2 but anything that has to do with women and farm animals together can only be a good thing.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a rental for me someday

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.