Here's the Intro to Dead Space 3. Enjoy.

Avatar image for vinny_says
#1 Posted by Vinny_Says (5914 posts) -

If you're like me you really like the dead space franchise. I honestly believe Dead Space is a classic game from this generation (history has yet to determine if DS2 is as well). I'm not to sure what the intro is about, but towards the end of the video shit is going down :)

Yes this game has been making the rounds on internet forums for not such great reasons recently but I'm still excited. Leave your thoughs here.

Avatar image for big_jon
#2 Posted by big_jon (6445 posts) -

Cool, this seems potentially pretty interesting.

Wish those guys were not all carrying fire axes though.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -
@big_jon said:

Cool, this seems potentially pretty interesting.

Wish those guys were not all carrying fire axes though.

The reason for that is that they are trying to say they are evolving. 
Avatar image for xseanzx
#4 Posted by xSeanZx (275 posts) -

Omg I dont know whether to watch this or not..... It is VERY hard to resist.....

Avatar image for big_jon
#5 Posted by big_jon (6445 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@big_jon said:

Cool, this seems potentially pretty interesting.

Wish those guys were not all carrying fire axes though.

The reason for that is that they are trying to say they are evolving.

Perhaps but I just don't understand why they all have fire axes, why does this ship have so many fire axes? Why are they so choosy about that specific weapon, over say a pipe?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -
@big_jon said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@big_jon said:

Cool, this seems potentially pretty interesting.

Wish those guys were not all carrying fire axes though.

The reason for that is that they are trying to say they are evolving.

Perhaps but I just don't understand why they all have fire axes, why does this ship have so many fire axes? Why are they so choosy about that specific weapon, over say a pipe?

They are supposed to be Ice axes. 
Avatar image for tru3_blu3
#7 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3558 posts) -

Gotta say, that was a pretty good intro.

Avatar image for evilsbane
#8 Posted by Evilsbane (5573 posts) -

Omg...I kinda..dont..wanna watch this...but...I do...reallllly reallllly doooooooooo

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -
@Evilsbane said:

Omg...I kinda..dont..wanna watch this...but...I do...reallllly reallllly doooooooooo

No spoilers really. 
Avatar image for evilsbane
#10 Posted by Evilsbane (5573 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Evilsbane said:

Omg...I kinda..dont..wanna watch this...but...I do...reallllly reallllly doooooooooo

No spoilers really.

That's not the point I meant that if the opening is that good maybe it is worth seeing in the game but ok I want to watch the damn thing anyway lol!

Avatar image for kaiserreich
#11 Posted by Kaiserreich (909 posts) -

Footage of the ending already leaked as well. It was very silly.

Avatar image for xseanzx
#12 Posted by xSeanZx (275 posts) -

And to think I couldnt have gotten anymore excited for this game.... it needs to be tuesday already FUUUUUU

Avatar image for pillclinton
#13 Posted by PillClinton (3581 posts) -

Pretty cool, but a nitpick: in the recap it says the marker copies were hidden across the universe. I call bullshit. Do they mean galaxy? Just how advanced is humanity in the DS universe?

Avatar image for hatking
#14 Edited by HatKing (7284 posts) -

A shame about that ship carrying that shipment of axes being taken over by aliens(?).

Also, don't know why I just put this together, but ice planet plus necromoprhs totally screams The Thing. And that's just totally fine with me.

Avatar image for vinny_says
#15 Posted by Vinny_Says (5914 posts) -

@HatKing said:

A shame about that ship carrying that shipment of axes being taken over by aliens(?).

Also, don't know why I just put this together, but ice planet plus necromoprhs totally screams The Thing. And that's just totally fine with me.

The Thing is one of my favorite movies of all time. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a reference here or there in the game.

Avatar image for leinad44
#16 Edited by leinad44 (620 posts) -

*Hears game is about finding out a method from the past to stop an alien threat*

Oh no...please don't be the star child again.

Avatar image for marz
#17 Posted by Marz (6067 posts) -
Avatar image for pillclinton
#18 Posted by PillClinton (3581 posts) -

@leinad44 said:

*Hears game is about finding out a method from the past to stop an alien threat*

Oh no...please don't be the star child again.

Oh boy, just realized we may have another potential All-Story perpetrator on our hands here.

Avatar image for hatking
#19 Posted by HatKing (7284 posts) -

@PillClinton said:

@leinad44 said:

*Hears game is about finding out a method from the past to stop an alien threat*

Oh no...please don't be the star child again.

Oh boy, just realized we may have another potential All-Story perpetrator on our hands here.

At least they explicitly mention it was the human race that stopped the alien threat in the past and not some pre-human master race.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
#20 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -
@HatKing said:

@PillClinton said:

@leinad44 said:

*Hears game is about finding out a method from the past to stop an alien threat*

Oh no...please don't be the star child again.

Oh boy, just realized we may have another potential All-Story perpetrator on our hands here.

At least they explicitly mention it was the human race that stopped the alien threat in the past and not some pre-human master race.

Ya it was humans who stopped it. So chances are its something stupidly simple like..unplugging the Marker....
Avatar image for familyphotoshoot
#21 Posted by familyphotoshoot (712 posts) -

You guys aren't even prepared for how fucking dumb the end of this game is. I watched a livestream of it the other day and the at the end

you shoot markers out of a giant machine gun at the Ice Planet's moon which turns out to actually be a giant necromorph
Avatar image for marz
#22 Posted by Marz (6067 posts) -
@familyphotoshoot said:

You guys aren't even prepared for how fucking dumb the end of this game is. I watched a livestream of it the other day and the at the end

now i want to watch it, out of curiosity, sounds ridiculous.
Avatar image for ollyoxenfree
#23 Posted by OllyOxenFree (5015 posts) -

Avatar image for flappy
#24 Posted by Flappy (2415 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

You guys aren't even prepared for how fucking dumb the end of this game is. I watched a livestream of it the other day and the at the end

you shoot markers out of a giant machine gun at the Ice Planet's moon which turns out to actually be a giant necromorph

That sounds pretty flippin' dumb.

Avatar image for hatking
#25 Posted by HatKing (7284 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

You guys aren't even prepared for how fucking dumb the end of this game is. I watched a livestream of it the other day and the at the end

you shoot markers out of a giant machine gun at the Ice Planet's moon which turns out to actually be a giant necromorph

Oh, I thought you meant dumb in a bad way.

Avatar image for leinad44
#26 Posted by leinad44 (620 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

You guys aren't even prepared for how fucking dumb the end of this game is. I watched a livestream of it the other day and the at the end

you shoot markers out of a giant machine gun at the Ice Planet's moon which turns out to actually be a giant necromorph

@familyphotoshoot: That actually sounds amazing, in a really dumb way

Avatar image for killacam
#27 Posted by killacam (1341 posts) -

Cutscenes?!?!?

Avatar image for encephalon
#28 Edited by Encephalon (1730 posts) -

Having it recapped all at once has only reminded me how spare the Dead Space fiction is.

@familyphotoshoot said:

You guys aren't even prepared for how fucking dumb the end of this game is. I watched a livestream of it the other day and the at the end

you shoot markers out of a giant machine gun at the Ice Planet's moon which turns out to actually be a giant necromorph

OH MY GOD I need to see this!

Avatar image for big_jon
#29 Posted by big_jon (6445 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@HatKing said:

@PillClinton said:

@leinad44 said:

*Hears game is about finding out a method from the past to stop an alien threat*

Oh no...please don't be the star child again.

Oh boy, just realized we may have another potential All-Story perpetrator on our hands here.

At least they explicitly mention it was the human race that stopped the alien threat in the past and not some pre-human master race.

Ya it was humans who stopped it. So chances are its something stupidly simple like..unplugging the Marker....

Or maybe sitting on it?

Avatar image for musclerider
#30 Posted by musclerider (819 posts) -
@familyphotoshoot

You guys aren't even prepared for how fucking dumb the end of this game is. I watched a livestream of it the other day and the at the end

That sounds like the best thing.
Avatar image for mastermike569
#31 Posted by MasterMike569 (12 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree: That GIF is basically me right now.

Avatar image for vinny_says
#32 Posted by Vinny_Says (5914 posts) -

@Marz said:

@familyphotoshoot said:

You guys aren't even prepared for how fucking dumb the end of this game is. I watched a livestream of it the other day and the at the end

you shoot markers out of a giant machine gun at the Ice Planet's moon which turns out to actually be a giant necromorph
now i want to watch it, out of curiosity, sounds ridiculous.

@HatKing said:

you shoot markers out of a giant machine gun at the Ice Planet's moon which turns out to actually be a giant necromorph

Oh, I thought you meant dumb in a bad way.

@Encephalon said:

you shoot markers out of a giant machine gun at the Ice Planet's moon which turns out to actually be a giant necromorph

OH MY GOD I need to see this!

@musclerider said:

you shoot markers out of a giant machine gun at the Ice Planet's moon which turns out to actually be a giant necromorph
That sounds like the best thing.

Holy shit....must....not....click....spoiler.....

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
#33 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4311 posts) -
@familyphotoshoot said:

You guys aren't even prepared for how fucking dumb the end of this game is. I watched a livestream of it the other day and the at the end

Now I really really want to play this game.  Its a millions times better than that Promethean bullshit/youre the chosen one type of shit we've been getting in big budget video games lately.  
Avatar image for justin258
#34 Posted by Justin258 (14557 posts) -

IT LOOKS LIKE A TERRIBLE PIECE OF

I haven't actually watched this yet.

Online
Avatar image for justin258
#35 Posted by Justin258 (14557 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

You guys aren't even prepared for how fucking dumb the end of this game is. I watched a livestream of it the other day and the at the end

you shoot markers out of a giant machine gun at the Ice Planet's moon which turns out to actually be a giant necromorph

SOLD.

Online
Avatar image for nilazz
#36 Posted by Nilazz (830 posts) -

It's sure is pretty.

Avatar image for officegamer
#37 Posted by OfficeGamer (1120 posts) -

You know I might just forget about the atmosphere of Dead Space and enjoy this game because it looks like a cinematic pack of fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.