Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Isaac Clarke, now aided by a soldier named John Carver, pursues the ominous threat of the Markers to the ice world Tau Volantis, now overrun with the terrifying Necromorphs, as well as the Human cultists who worship them.

So what do you think of the look of the game?

• 71 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I was going to post it on here, and I still will post the link, but I guess someone had beaten me to it since the new pictures are already in the images section for Dead Space 3. Anyways, damn, I'm a little surprised, I was ready to be disappointed, and although I can't really tell how the game will turn out, I just think from what this shows (although a little bit too close to the snow level from Killzone 3, and Isaac sporting a beard like Sev), it's not going to disappoint. At least it's not going to disappoint me.

I just hope this is a continuation of the story from the first two, so there needs to be Ellie, which I'm not seeing unfortunately. I really don't know how the story will be changed or how this character (Carver) will fit in to the main Dead Space 3 story when you play co-op since if anyone saw this, you'd expect it to be just another side story to flesh out the world, which I'm sure it may very well be as well. Anyways, I'll stop writing and I'll just post the images here. Tell me what you think other than "It's going to be like RE5, so disappointing." Ha ha.

Also, how exactly does one contact Visceral to ask them a question about the game? For instance, if I wanted to urgently know if Ellie Langford will be in the game, or some other stuff, where would I ask it?

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/05/dead-space-3.html

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

As of right now, I don't care if it's an action game or it's a horror game, I just want it to be a good game that's also a good sci-fi, and furthers the Isaac story, I want to know, what the hell happens after the Sprawl incident. I'm really interested in the intro 'cause I'm hoping we will see Isaac and Ellie together, but if not, a good reason why they aren't.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By killacam

his partner's suit looks badass. i can't help but feeling having someone else with you will detract from the horror elements, the isolation of being alone in space amongst the necromorphs.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By impartialgecko

More 20 minute stretches of utter tension with nothing happening and less L4D multiplayer. Oh and more Ellie, I like to hear a familiar accents in-between bouts of dismemberment. Looks interesting, although not industrial enough for me

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By andriv

Why aren't they using mining equipment?

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NathanStack

I hope they have hardcore mode again. Especially if there's a hardcore mode for co-op. I can see some friendships getting ruined over that.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By big_jon

I like it so far, I like me some snow and some scary aliens, I am also cool with a bit more in the way of military weapons.

Co-op however, that worries me.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By RobotHamster

The first two games where phenomenal, some of my favorite from this generation so I have no doubt this will be awesome!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By BeachThunder

Well, I have no interest in co-op or multiplayer of any sort. I just seriously hope they focus more on creating atmosphere/tension and less on combat and jump scares. Unfortunately, I can't see that happening...

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By CptChiken

I loved dead space, but really disliked dead space 2. this looks like it is more like 2 than1. so I am out.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

Dead Space 3 is definitely a game I'll be looking out for when E3 starts.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I'm excited I just hope it doesn't become to much like RE5 (and I like RE5). Co-op just ruins the tension of Dead Space. As long as its completely optional with no stupid AI partner I'm good.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By stryker1121

@NTM: The co-op aspect is a turnoff if indeed you have an AI partner w/ you the whole game. Were fans really clamoring for co-op in a game that's supposed to be built on isolation and tension. DS2 belied those themes already; DS3 seems to be sliding down the action slope even more. I don't know what to think til I see more info, but not too excited at first blush, and I really enjoy the sci-fi/horror genre.

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mustachio

I'm looking forward to seeing how Visceral handle co-op gameplay. I think Resident Evil 5 may have convinced many people that you can't make a co-op game scary (which I don't believe for an instant), so I'm hoping this might change people's opinions if they manage to pull it off. I do understand why people are frustrated at the possibility of being stuck with an AI partner. Honestly, I was hoping Dead Space 3 would have co-op, but as a separate side-story rather than replacing the single-player. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what they have to say and show at E3.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MiniPato

@stryker1121 said:

@NTM: The co-op aspect is a turnoff if indeed you have an AI partner w/ you the whole game. Were fans really clamoring for co-op in a game that's supposed to be built on isolation and tension. DS2 belied those themes already; DS3 seems to be sliding down the action slope even more. I don't know what to think til I see more info, but not too excited at first blush, and I really enjoy the sci-fi/horror genre.

I think they said that you would be able to play by your self without an AI partner right? I"m not sure about the details, but they said you would experience hallucinations when playing by yourself, but those hallucinations would be absent if playing co-op.

Anyways, I like Isaac's beard. If you're in the arctic fighting undead space monstrosities, you best be sporting a Kurt Russel "The Thing" beard.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NTM

@MiniPato said:

@stryker1121 said:

I think they said that you would be able to play by your self without an AI partner right? I"m not sure about the details, but they said you would experience hallucinations when playing by yourself, but those hallucinations would be absent if playing co-op.

Anyways, I like Isaac's beard. If you're in the arctic fighting undead space monstrosities, you best be sporting a Kurt Russel "The Thing" beard.

Yes, this is all true.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By stryker1121

@NTM said:

@MiniPato said:

@stryker1121 said:

Yes, this is all true.

Ah, well that's more like it then. I guess we'll find out more at E3. I just don't see Visceral going back to the less-is-more template of the first title, though. Cuz lord knows the market is not saturated w/ enough action-TPS games. More atmosphere, less set pieces, please.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

So what does everyone not only think of the co-op aspect (which at the time being I find a little awkward with the little descriptions of it there are), but about Isaac's new abilities, like crouching so he can use cover or do an evasive roll?

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By jillsandwich

@NTM said:

So what does everyone not only think of the co-op aspect (which at the time being I find a little awkward with the little descriptions of it there are), but about Isaac's new abilities, like crouching so he can use cover or do an evasive roll?

The big design philosophy of the series to me has always been making a game that manages to scare you just as well as any other game without ever hampering your movement. I'm totally fine with it.

Cover? Eh, I don't know about that. I'd prefer the game to not be a total shooter, but that will definitely be the direction it heads in.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By geirr

Looks like Killzone 3.

Keldrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Keldrath

To be honest, I'd take more Dead Space with virtually any visual style. The only thing that worries me is that the screenies posted so far don't look enough like a horror game to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like more Dead Space. Sounds good to me.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By MEATBALL

This looks fine to me. I've made my peace with the series' trajectory, Dead Space 2 was only mildly horror influenced and I expect that Dead Space 3 will be similar in that regard. Dead Space wasn't exactly the pinnacle of horror in the first place anyway, though I do wish the series had continued to strike the original game's balance. Dead Space 2 was a thoroughly enjoyable game regardless and I have faith that Dead Space 3 will also be a thoroughly enjoyable game.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By napalm

@stryker1121 said:

@NTM said:

@MiniPato said:

@stryker1121 said:

Yes, this is all true.

Ah, well that's more like it then. I guess we'll find out more at E3. I just don't see Visceral going back to the less-is-more template of the first title, though. Cuz lord knows the market is not saturated w/ enough action-TPS games. More atmosphere, less set pieces, please.

Dead Space 2 already had too many set pieces. Co-op is exactly what I don't want from this game, but EA's new philosophy of multiplayer and co-op in every game just, well, could possibly ruin Dead Space 3.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By pweidman

Looking gorgeous. We'll have to wait and see how the co-op is implemented, but as long as there's a solo mode too it's all good. DS2 was one of my fav games ever, so bring it on EA.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NTM

@pweidman said:

Looking gorgeous. We'll have to wait and see how the co-op is implemented, but as long as there's a solo mode too it's all good. DS2 was one of my fav games ever, so bring it on EA.

Was?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pweidman

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MiniPato

I'm worried about gun wielding enemies. Granted there are enemies who use projectiles in past Dead Space games (tentacled baby necromorph and spitter), but I think adding rapid fire machine gun wielding enemies will drastically change the gameplay, cover system and all, and not necessarily for the better when Dead Space is concerned. Anyways, I hate to be the negative nancy, so I will say that guns aside, I think the game looks great. I don't think adding co-op will not be a big deal as long as you're not shackled to an AI partner and as long as the level design isn't so obsessed with being optimized for co-op that it isn't fun in singleplayer.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nilazz

Snow? We need more snow in games!!

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

@big_jon said:

I like it so far, I like me some snow and some scary aliens, I am also cool with a bit more in the way of military weapons.

Co-op however, that worries me.

These are my exact feelings. Solitary creepiness is what Dead Space is all about. I don't see where co-op fits.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I always find it amazing that people are completely incapable of taking a game on its own merits. Why even make sequels when they have to be exactly like the first game?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#32  Edited By Yummylee

@Napalm said:

@stryker1121 said:

@NTM said:

@MiniPato said:

@stryker1121 said:

Yes, this is all true.

Dead Space 2 already had too many set pieces. Co-op is exactly what I don't want from this game, but EA's new philosophy of multiplayer and co-op in every game just, well, could possibly ruin Dead Space 3.

Well as Resident Evil has demonstrated, adding coop into what is supposed to be a horror series does wonders to the sales!...

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33  Edited By Castiel

Well I guess I'm one of the few, on this forum anyway, who enjoyed DS2 more than 1. Yes it turned down the horror elements of the first game, but frankly I didn't find the "horror" which we saw DS1 that clever. It was mostly a third person corridor shooter in the same vein as Doom 3: Meaning lots of monster closets, with monsters spawning out of the blue right behind you, in rather dull looking environment that kinda looked the same throughout the entire game, yes with good reason seing that it all took place on the same ship but still a little more variation wouldn't have hurt, and I would lie if I said I didn't found the game to be tense at times cause I did.

You see I'm one of those people who loves horror movies, but can't stand most horror games. DS1 definitely scared me a few times, but after a while I kinda got tired of the monotone feel of the first game and if I'm going to play a scary game, then atleast be clever about it like Amnesia or Silent Hill 2. To me DS1 was the worst/cheapest kind of horror game, even though it was effective at times, when it came to the way it produced it's scares.

Now DS2 improved not only the graphics but also the setting or maybe I should say settings, cause the Sprawl was so varied in it's looks and you constantly felt like you were seing new places and it really felt like it was a big place. The controls was better Isaac moved faster and didn't feel quite as clumsy as he did in the first game and I think the argument that controls have to be clunky in horror games in order for them to work is bullshit, so I take better controls any day over that. DS 2 was the of the biggest surprises for me this generation considering my problems with the first game. Also so glad they got rid of the whole silent protagonist thing, I have never been a big fan of that, especially not in games were everybody else can talk and no one ever adresses your silence. In the sequel you could atleast hear how freaked out Isaac was and the imerged me more in the game.

So please do continue the direction you are going Visceral Games with Dead Space cause it only gets better and better.

Although I'm not the biggest fan of the Co-op thing, some games are just fine as singleplayer experiences.

I just realised that no one is gonne read this post anyway so FML! ;P

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By JTB123

Not sure about the cover system, I assume that will be for when you're fighting other humans so as long that doesn't outweigh fighting the necromorphs that's cool. Really like the idea of a doge mechanic too, that would have been nice during certain parts of Dead Space 2. At this point I see no reason to doubt that Dead Space 3 will be seriously amazing. Can't wait to see some gameplay though.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hamz

The first game scared the shit out of me, I'm done with the series. NEVER AGAIN DAMMIT!

From the screenshots it does look like a, visually, pretty good game.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Spoonman671

The first Dead Space was one of my favorite games of this generation.  This just looks gross.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Were you guys really 'scared' by Dead Space? 1 or 2? It certainly has scares and some are more effective than others, but I felt like the only time that game ever reached "this is unpleasant and I don't want to play anymore" was a brief period in Medical in the first 1.

I think a lot of people think 'horror' is a genre, when it's a theme. Like sci-fi, or cyberpunk, or espionage. I like horror as a theme, the actual genre of play (action, adventure, puzzle, platformer) really doesn't matter to me.

Also if you want an awesome horror platformer download Eversion, it's free.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Needs more Ellie. I didn't go through hell just so they could throw her away in the sequel. Plus, she's one of the few women in a video game, besides Trip and a couple of others, who I actually cared about by the time the game ended.

SarjuTheRapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SarjuTheRapper

it looks more like the thing than like killzone

plasticstars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By plasticstars

For some reason it reminds me of Gears of War, and that's not a good thing.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Deusx

The game looks ok but man... If you are really looking forward to this I´m very sorry for you. I can take innovation and new mechanics but the anouncements made are just baffling.

- Universal ammo.

- Dead Space 1 and 2 canon never happened. Fucking ERASED. (UPDATE: my bad. This is misinformation on my part. Sorry)

- Human Enemies.

- Cover System.

- Single Player Co-op.

- Possible Dual Weild.

- No mining equipment, instead of that, SMGs and Riffles.

Thanks EA. You did it again.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By frankfartmouth

The endless slide into action, multiplayer, and co-op cannot be stopped. It works for sales, so there it is. But I'm glad to hear that they're making at least some effort to preserve a single player experience here if that's what the player wants. RE5 was fine, but playing it co-op felt absolutely nothing like RE. Problem is, it didn't feel like a great co-op game either, just OK. A jack of all trades is a master of nothing. The more developers aim for this middle ground that turns no one off, the more mediocre our games will be

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#43  Edited By BeachThunder
    @Deusx said:
    - Dead Space 1 and 2 canon never happened. Fucking ERASED.
    Where did you hear that from?
    Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Deusx

@BeachThunder said:

@Deusx said:
    - Dead Space 1 and 2 canon never happened. Fucking ERASED.
    Where did you hear that from?

According to an article IGN recently updated and erased the information. Apparently I´m wrong too. I´ll change that then, I need to learn my lesson on not to trust gaming journalists so much. Sorry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deusx Most of that makes sense in the fiction with the exception of the dual wielding (that's just because people think dual wielding is cool) and the 'NEVER HAPPENED' which sounds like someone is spreading rumors to fuel rage.

Isaac has EarthGov after his ass, so I can understand human soldiers trying to kill him. If the enemies have assault rifles, I'd rather a cover system than traditional Dead Space side stepping. And the 'no mining equipment'... It barely made sense in the last game. Vinny even said "wait you're still using mining equipment?" on the Bombcast. As long as the guns have various 'angles' and shapes of fire, they still got strategic dismemberment.

Universal ammo, I never thought THE BEST PART of Dead Space was carrying ammo for guns you never used. Makes no difference to me.
    Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Deusx

@Brodehouse said:

@Deusx Most of that makes sense in the fiction with the exception of the dual wielding (that's just because people think dual wielding is cool) and the 'NEVER HAPPENED' which sounds like someone is spreading rumors to fuel rage. Isaac has EarthGov after his ass, so I can understand human soldiers trying to kill him. If the enemies have assault rifles, I'd rather a cover system than traditional Dead Space side stepping. And the 'no mining equipment'... It barely made sense in the last game. Vinny even said "wait you're still using mining equipment?" on the Bombcast. As long as the guns have various 'angles' and shapes of fire, they still got strategic dismemberment. Universal ammo, I never thought THE BEST PART of Dead Space was carrying ammo for guns you never used. Makes no difference to me.

You have some good points there. I just think the lack of most of those things made the game a bit more atmospheric. Having unnecessary ammo, no cover, mining guns. Those things only added to the atmosphere, again, maybe they just don´t work in the context of this game. The "story never happened" thing was a rumour spread by a misleading IGN article which has now been updated with the correct information.

I´m very scared of changes made to this game since I consider DS2 an almost perfect game. As long as they take the game in a good direction, I´m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deusx Here's the thing to always remember when you get The Fear; the old games will always be there. 20 years of bullshit Sonic games can't harm Sonic 2. Dead Space 3 could be actively on fire but Dead Space 2 will always work. The fourth Song of Ice and Fire book sucks, but the third is still a masterpiece.

Tell you what I would like; if you slowly came across all the guns in the game during the story a la Metroid or Zelda. Instead of just sitting in the shop for you to spend money on, you found the Line Gun before a section that requires the Line Gun to progress. You get the Flamethrower before a 'burn through goo' section.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By AhmadMetallic

YOUR MOM HATES DEAD SPACE 3

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By bwheeeler

At least it won't leave us indifferent!

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NegativeCero
    @Deusx

The game looks ok but man... If you are really looking forward to this I´m very sorry for you. I can take innovation and new mechanics but the anouncements made are just baffling.

- Universal ammo.

- Dead Space 1 and 2 canon never happened. Fucking ERASED. (UPDATE: my bad. This is misinformation on my part. Sorry)

- Human Enemies.

- Cover System.

- Single Player Co-op.

- Possible Dual Weild.

- No mining equipment, instead of that, SMGs and Riffles.

Thanks EA. You did it again.

Wow, I missed some of those points. I'm extra disappointed now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.