Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space Ignition

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Dead Space spinoff title featuring a choose your own adventure, comic book-esque story and three hacking mini-games.

Thoughts & Opinions?

kickinthehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By kickinthehead

I just beat this and wrote up a review. Took me almost two hours, but would've finished a lot faster had the tutorial been a bit clearer about Hardware Crack. It took me a long time to realize the lasers had to hit from a specific side :P  

I liked Hardware Crack best because it was kind of like a Professor Layton puzzle. Trace Route was okay, but actually got easier as the game went on, and System Overload I basically beat by spamming units without putting much thought into it.  

Hopefully the hacking suit is cool in Dead Space 2.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hector

I'm thinking about buying it. Mostly just for the suit.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

What does the Hacker suit do? 

flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By flufflogic

The reviews are looking bad, but I'm tempted. I mean, I'll definitely be playing DS2, so unlocks are good. 

EDIT: dropped you a review thumbs up too, as that's pretty much told me all I need to know. Might get Case Zero, even though I'll probably end up never playing DR2...

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MeierTheRed

The demo was god damn horrid. I know i won't enjoy that type of "game" , and i'm not spending money on it just to get a silly suit.

KingDaniel97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By KingDaniel97

Heh, I'm just gonna preorder the CE. $80 for a plasma cutter replica? Sign me the hell up!

Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Immuniity

This game is beyond terrible. The game play is boring but its the animation and voice acting thats even worse. During some of the cut scenes characters dont even have faces or hands, just sorta amorphous blobs with some lines through it.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Nadafinga

So is the Hacker Suit worth playing this 2 hour, $5 game?

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CarpetRemnant

This is quite easily one of the worst games I have ever ever played, really. Just look at the animation, they've taken static images and then manipulated them to give the appearance of movement but it looks wrong because there's no consistency to the size of anything. 
    The mini games are uniformly terrible, I like the tower defence one best because I can just spam the buttons till I win without thinking. The racing one is the worst because it takes FOREVER every time. 
    It's essentially a five dollar DLC pack for the DS2 main campaign, but they make you jump through some god damn awful hoops before you can get to it. 
    Also the different choices you can make along the story are totally superficial because whatever you do you always end up with the same ending, it shouldn't give you any choice and force you through the one route that actually gives any motivation whatsoever to the main character and doesn't leave you going 'buh?' at the end. 
    Terrible terrible game, only play if you want the DS2 stuff, in my opinion.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Pie
    @Leakster: Some characters from it are supposed to link into Dead space 2 though, survivors and audio logs, stuff like that
    rustyspoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rustyspoon
    @Leakster: Just finished it, I would echo your thoughts almost completely. Haven't started up Dead Space 2, so I can't speak to whether the suit is worth it, but I was really disappointed at how little this seems to add to the Dead Space 2 story. I was expecting something a little more substantial (in story, at least).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.