Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Damn this game, still gets me everytime.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zenmastah

So i just started playing Dead Space for the fourth time, and still it manages to get me like it always has.

Best in the series clearly and what ive seen on DS3, id say my opinion wont change after that.

Just discovered downsampling and graphically the game still holds up wonderfully and the sound design is suberb.

Truly a great game.

No Caption Provided
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Marcsman

Playing it at night is the best

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Killerfridge

Best limb ripping and squelching sounds in any game bar none

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Yep, Dead Space is a bona fide classic.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Venatio

Maybe it's a controversial opinion but I prefer Dead Space 2, I rarely play horror games but damn that game was amazing. 

It seems like the third one might be not so good but I'm still holding out hope

godlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By godlyone

You're making me crave another playthrough of both games again. The Stalkers in the second game are SCARY AS HELL. The thought of a couple of them peering out from behind a container staring at you legit gives me the creeps. Stalkers are a perfectly horrifying enemy, you never notice them until the last moment and you're filled with so much anxiety when they all rush you.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zenmastah

Its the setting of the game that gets me i think, the ship does alot more to me than the space station in 2, and the open areas in 3 seem kinda dull tbh.

The claustrophobic feel in 1 is so damn good..

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By tourgen

Great game, love some of the area designs and lighting stuff

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Vinny_Says

Yep it was a blast every time I played it. I was so happy when I got my last achievement (survive the ADS cannon with intact shields). Playing it with only the plasma cutter was super fun too.

Say what you will, Dead Space is a classic game.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By shivermetimbers

Dead Space is a great game, just not really a classic, IMO. Though I will admit that I can totally see why someone would call it a classic.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Irishdoom

I really liked what I played of this game, but sadly had to quit. It's the first game that ever made me physically ill from playing it. Something about the motion in that game threw me off somehow, I'm not sure. Maybe it's the "tank" like way the environment seems to move around YOU.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By JaredA

What I played of this game I absolutely loved! I had to quit playing because the jump scares would fuck me up. I would be shaking and sweating just walking down a dark corridor, knowing that an enemy was probably going to sneak up behind me or jump down through some rafters on the ceiling and shank me. I had the same issues with Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I loved it because of what it could do to me, but I also couldn't play it because of what it would do to me.

I am a huge wuss and I should just finish those games because they are fantastic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.