Dead Space 2 Wishlist.

#1 Posted by mordukai (8481 posts) -

-Better and a more original plot:  Delving more into the the origins of the Maker and how it relates to humans since the one in the game is reversed engineered from an artifact that was found on Earth. 

-More strategized killing: I really like how in order to kill the necromorphs you had to literally dismember them but as the game progressed the enemies just became the old "shoot my glowing weak spot" type.

-Different setting: While I really enjoyed the game I found myself getting bored by seeing the same metal gray corridor or rooms. I think for the next game they need to have a completely different setting. 

-Challenging Bosses: The bosses in Dead Space were huge and the end boss was really jaw dropping but I found them all to be very easy to take down and I did not had to put much thought into it.  actually found some of the minor enemies harder to take down like in the case of the bloated necromorphs where you had to be careful not to shoot them in the abdomen. All boss fights simply came down to, Dodge their attack and shoot the weak spot. I would love to have Bosses that take more thought into taking down. I must mention that The boss fight in Zero-G was a really cool idea. 

-Online Play: I am not the biggest fan of online multi player so it's really wired coming from me. I would love some sort of "Horde" mode where you team up with your buddies and take on wave after wave of necromorphs. 

I would love to read your wishlists. 
#2 Posted by Pibo47 (3238 posts) -

How about the game actually being scary?

#3 Posted by Akeldama (4359 posts) -
@Pibo47 said:
" How about the game actually being scary? "
this 
#4 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3553 posts) -
@Pibo47 said:
Very ambitious. In fact, too ambitious. Especially for an American development team.
#5 Posted by Pibo47 (3238 posts) -
@Tru3_Blu3 said:
" @Pibo47 said:
Very ambitious. In fact, too ambitious. Especially for an American development team. "
And why cant a american dev team pull it off? Would you like to name some games that are scary?
#6 Posted by mordukai (8481 posts) -
@Pibo47 said:
Shit. I forgot about that.
#7 Posted by CrescendOtaku (79 posts) -

I actually just finished the game again now and I consider it pretty tense. It doesn't get under my skin like a Silent Hill game but it does freak me out (especially playing with headphones) when I'm trying to deal with a bunch of fast running necromorphs and necrobabies as they shriek and scream in my ear.

One thing I wish the sequel would add is a 180 turn button, the one thing RE5 has over this game (why don't more shooters have that instead of the slow pan around with the right stick?)

#8 Posted by buzz_clik (7470 posts) -

How about a release date of TOMORROW?

#9 Posted by EVO (4029 posts) -

In the words of Deltron 3030:

"I'm sick of looking at the inside of space stations."

#10 Posted by IceTrey87 (204 posts) -

"@Tru3_Blu3 said:
" @Pibo47 said:
Very ambitious. In fact, too ambitious. Especially for an American development team. "
And why cant a american dev team pull it off? Would you like to name some games that are scary?
"

Silent Hill 2                                                         Japanese development team
Silent Hill Homecoming                                  American development team

which one was scary and which one was just an action game with a couple puzzles thrown in?
#11 Posted by PercyChuggs (1141 posts) -

Dead Space didn't need to be scary. It was an action game, not a survival horror game.

#12 Posted by DrRandle (1376 posts) -
@Pibo47: How wonderfully subjective.
#13 Edited by TrashMustache (572 posts) -

anybody who says they can play through dead space without feeling tense is full of shit, that being said i agree with the bosses being easy, but i think online play is a very bad idea(i'm assuming you mean co-op mutant killing? not deathmatch right? :p).  All the rest i was fine with really, what i wanna see is more Planets, and a slightly more "spectacular" view of space at some point in some chapter.

As to a more original plot, i think games just need a mood and a storyline. And it's pretty clear that mood was DEAD...SPACE. you get exactly what's in the title, actually i wouldn't change a goddamn thing about the first game. I mean what kind of setting do you expect? it's space...throw in some lightsabers?  I do agree the bosses had pretty cheesy yellow weak spots, that's the only thing RE5 did better, it looked more "natural"i guess. i'm with you on the boss fights...

sorry if I get carried way, it's my fav game :p.

#14 Posted by NoDeath (860 posts) -

I don't think I was ever really scared playing through Dead Space, though there was definitely a mood to it that was done quite well. Also to the guy that said American teams can't make scary games, I've got three words for you:

System. Shock. Two.

#15 Posted by mordukai (8481 posts) -
@TrashMustache: I did get tensed during the game but I never really got scared. 
#16 Posted by Pibo47 (3238 posts) -
@DrRandle said:
" @Pibo47: How wonderfully subjective. "
What are you getting at?
#17 Posted by TrashMustache (572 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
"@TrashMustache: I did get tensed during the game but I never really got scared. "

okay i can get that...i guess i'm a chickenshit :p
#18 Posted by TheGreatGuero (8881 posts) -

As much as I liked the game, I don't think it needs a sequel...

#19 Posted by Plasma (968 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" -Better and a more original plot:  Delving more into the the origins of the Maker and how it relates to humans since the one in the game is reversed engineered from an artifact that was found on Earth. 

-More strategized killing: I really like how in order to kill the necromorphs you had to literally dismember them but as the game progressed the enemies just became the old "shoot my glowing weak spot" type.

-Different setting: While I really enjoyed the game I found myself getting bored by seeing the same metal gray corridor or rooms. I think for the next game they need to have a completely different setting. 

-Challenging Bosses: The bosses in Dead Space were huge and the end boss was really jaw dropping but I found them all to be very easy to take down and I did not had to put much thought into it.  actually found some of the minor enemies harder to take down like in the case of the bloated necromorphs where you had to be careful not to shoot them in the abdomen. All boss fights simply came down to, Dodge their attack and shoot the weak spot. I would love to have Bosses that take more thought into taking down. I must mention that The boss fight in Zero-G was a really cool idea. 

-Online Play: I am not the biggest fan of online multi player so it's really wired coming from me. I would love some sort of "Horde" mode where you team up with your buddies and take on wave after wave of necromorphs. 

I would love to read your wishlists. 
"

Admit it, you hated Dead Space.

You want all the unique features taken out, changed. What DID you like?
#20 Posted by sarahsdad (1320 posts) -

A bit of randomization in the enemy appearances. I got maybe half way through the game on a second play-through, and knowing where things would or wouldn't be ahead of time killed some of the suspense/surprise, etc.

#21 Posted by mordukai (8481 posts) -

I did not hate Dead Space at all, I actually enjoyed it very much. If I hated the game then why did I buy it? I also did not berate the game in any way, shape or form. 

If you read my post you'll see that I liked how the combat system worked and I liked the boss fights, the graphics was really good, the character progression and weapon leveling was done very well, the level design was also very good and the sound design was really exceptional.

And thats coming from guy who loves System shock 2. 

#22 Posted by flaminghobo (4779 posts) -

Dead Space was a good game overall and I thoroughly enjoyed it, however what I was being told about the game, it being "OMFGZ SCARY" was sadly untrue.

Jump scares are cool, but if they're used too much then they become expected and loose their shock effect. Trying to make an upcoming jump scare unapparent to the audience of a player or movie can be tricky but if a director nails it then a jump scare can still be giving you goosebumps after you've left the cinema or turned your console off.

Also, whilst the gore in Dead Space was nicely done.. gore doesn't make a game scary, which is why alot of mainstream horror movies seem to flop alot. Gore shocks, not scares, or at least it does at first. Gore gives more of an effect of uneasement, I know the first time I saw a man's head pop off in a film I was little shocked and a bit horrified. However, with more and more games and films coming out which just churn out gore, gore and more gore it's loosing it's shock factor rapidly. We're desensitized to it.

This is why psychological horror is the best way to go about scaring someone, messing with the audience members mind gives them more of a sense of uneasement than any amount of gore could ever do. Though it is probably one of the hardest things to do, as I said before if a director can nail it, it'll be giving you even more damn goosebumps than you like. You've got to keep the restraints off. Giving people more than they can take is one of the many keys to unlocking the door to freaking out their minds.

I hope Dead Space can take a lesson from a game which fondly hold up as one of the scariest games that I've ever played. I don't really wish to say why I hold it up, as I want you to learn for yourself. The introductory segments of that game freaked the hell out of me when I was younger and still do when I replay it.

Side Note: This is more spontaneous writing than a planned out post so please forgive me if I seem like I'm babbling on.

#23 Edited by TrashMustache (572 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
"As much as I liked the game, I don't think it needs a sequel..."
What you're saying never came to mind...but now that you fed me this thought it got me thinking that you could be right. Dead Space; humble, simple, well crafted moodpiece, that never distracts or derives from the situation, with what would otherwise be; cliche and abundant references to an outside, better, utopian, place. Isaac Clarke is a repair technican with some guns that he was handed, he's alone and vulnerable, probably dead scared and needs to take care of whatever Hammond has found out isn't working, ASAP. Isaac has no idea what goes on, neither do we. He's no superhero, he's just a guy, his name's not Jack , Joe, John, something, it's Isaac, Isaac Clarke. (before anyone starts saying that Zero G B, and The Shooting Range were "distractions" i tend to disagree, these are "distractions" to us as players in a game, not to the core idea of dead space situations.) His fate is often toyed with, in subtle ways, and he can only trust (not much of a choice really) a handful of people , all of whom, you might think Isaac is the only one they got, but really they are all he's got.

The question is, can a sequel to Dead Space be desolate like the first one and still satisfy? I think it will have to, because bigger and better is not the way to go for that game i think, because the first game never even acknowledges hints at contemporary Hollywood Sensation. I say contemporary because i felt Blade Runner was an influence in visuals and lighting. The Hive Mind didn't feel like a hollywood creature, All i felt was fear for poor Isaac, that repair man caught up in this mess and when it showed itself did we hear music? Environmental hiss and beeps. I think a sequel would defenitely have to keep that vulnerability to the character, and not make him some kind of war hero. I would love a sequel, but only because i don't see how it could derive from its self-awareness. But hey just because i want one, doesn't mean it needs one, but one thing's for sure, they're making one right now, so let's hope for the best! :)

#24 Posted by IceTrey87 (204 posts) -
@NoDeath said:
"I don't think I was ever really scared playing through Dead Space, though there was definitely a mood to it that was done quite well. Also to the guy that said American teams can't make scary games, I've got three words for you:System. Shock. Two."

touche
#25 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3553 posts) -
@NoDeath said:
" I don't think I was ever really scared playing through Dead Space, though there was definitely a mood to it that was done quite well. Also to the guy that said American teams can't make scary games, I've got three words for you:System. Shock. Two. "
An outdated, clunky piece of crap with some of the most cheesiest looking enemies ever?

I tend to disagree.
#26 Posted by Jimbo (10472 posts) -

I'm playing through this on PC at the moment.  I'm enjoying it, but there's definitely room for improvement in the controls and especially the camera.

Mouse and keyboard felt so clunky that I had to switch to a 360 controller, which seems a bit better, but not much.

#27 Posted by Icemael (6860 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" I'm playing through this on PC at the moment.  I'm enjoying it, but there's definitely room for improvement in the controls and especially the camera.

Mouse and keyboard felt so clunky that I had to switch to a 360 controller, which seems a bit better, but not much. "
Really? I thought they really nailed the controls in the 360 version... definitely my favorite control scheme when it comes to third-person shooters.
#28 Posted by Jimbo (10472 posts) -
@Icemael: It could be the PC version.  To me it feels like they couldn't decide whether to optimise the aiming for a mouse or a 360 controller, so just ended up somewhere in between that isn't great for either.  Of course, I might just suck at it.
#29 Posted by Icemael (6860 posts) -

Well, I've heard that the PC port was half-assed, but if you used a 360 controller I don't see how you could dislike the controls(Unless it's your first TPS). 

#30 Posted by GnsDemon (135 posts) -

even if it doesn't need a sequel it will get one. So heres my thoughts. Maybe alittle less linear and more free to explore what ever it maybe. space,mars, moon, earth what have you. more guns!!! MORE ROMANCE!!! AND MORE DISMEMBERMENT!!!

#31 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3851 posts) -
@IceTrey87 said:
"
"@Tru3_Blu3 said:
" @Pibo47 said:
"

Silent Hill 2                                                         Japanese development teamSilent Hill Homecoming                                  American development teamwhich one was scary and which one was just an action game with a couple puzzles thrown in? "
Oh. One example. You have completely proven the inadequacy of our entire nation at the horror genre.
Let's face the facts. Games rarely if ever evoke actual fear. What they can do is create atmosphere. That was something the original Dead Space was DAMN good at. If they can replicate that atmosphere, if not improve it, that is about as close games get to horror.
Avatar image for kowalskitakepoint
#32 Posted by KowalskiTakePoint (71 posts) -

melee weapons  
drills, hammers 
also make the main characters melee punch more effective. Even if it doesn't hurt them it should atleast push them pack like in left 4 dead. Alot of times they got so close i couldn't really shoot them and the melee was always completely ineffective.
#33 Posted by demonbear (1934 posts) -
@Mordukai said:

-Better and a more original plot:  The story was great i don't know what you're talking about or what you want more. Its a scifi horror story and it worked great. I watched the comic videos they did before and it fit in a great way into the game. I really dont see what you could ask considering what's the genre here.

-More strategized killing: Again, what do you want more? it worked great. Libs stick out, i shoot it. nothing to be changed about that.

-Different setting: The fact that you were alone on a space ship MADE the ambiance of this game and, just like Bioshock, the real star of this game is NOT the main character, its the USG Ishimura. you want what? A water level and a forest level? Gimme a break.

-Challenging Bosses : Ok i'll give you this one. Boss fights were a bit bland but then again, whats more videogamy than a boss fight? If it fits the story to have no bosses at all, fuck em! 

- Online Play: : HELL no. Jesus christ, no! I hate how every goddamn game now feels forced to put lame ass online bullshit because of people asking for it. This game is a single player experience built from the ground up just like the first Bioshock and it should remain that way. The bioshock multiplayer is fuckin stupid and one of the main reasons this game is late is because of that multiplayer component. Take ALL the time to built a great single experience and go play halo 3 or call of duty or whatever.
#34 Posted by mordukai (8481 posts) -
@demonbear: Have you played SYstem Shock 2?
#35 Edited by demonbear (1934 posts) -
@Mordukai: Yup i did, was a bit before bioshock came out, fugly as hell but the gameplay was nice. Liked Dead Space better.  But dont get me wrong, gimme dead space with rpg elements and i'll shed tears of joy!
#36 Posted by delta_ass (3807 posts) -
@demonbear said:
" @Mordukai: Yup i did, was a bit before bioshock came out, fugly as hell but the gameplay was nice. Liked Dead Space better.  But dont get me wrong, gimme dead space with rpg elements and i'll shed tears of joy! "
Dead Space did have rpg elements. You got loot, bought armor upgrades, spent money, upgraded weapons... there's quite a bit of it.
#37 Posted by HandsomeDead (11853 posts) -

As a person who hated Dead Space, I want Dead Space 2 to pick a side of the horror/action divide rather than giving us the worst of both worlds and I want the gameplay to be enjoyable rather than a grind as soon as you work out the patterns.

#38 Posted by demonbear (1934 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: Just go play something else then. Plenty of choice out there.

@Delta_Ass: You're right, but im refering more to character development, choices, etc.
#39 Edited by delta_ass (3807 posts) -

There's an issue with Dead Space. One that's kinda bothersome, and I really really do hope they uh... manage to correct it for Dead Space 2. Sequels deliver more of what you loved about the first game, while hopefully improving on the deficiencies. Well, Dead Space has a deficiency, and that's the damn loot system. Unlike a lot of other games, the loot, or ammo drops and health drops, is uh, not hand placed. There wasn't some tired game engineer painstakingly placing down each and every item. It's actually spawned by a somewhat dynamic system which takes into account what your current weapons are. So you'll generally get ammo that corresponds to the ammo you're actually using on the monsters that drop the ammo. It's a great cycle.

Except it's not working that well. It seems to be much too nonchalant about the types of ammo that're getting used. The game sees that I have four weapons in my inventory, and then just seems to place ammo for each in nice 25% ratios. Or something like that. Which is completely too unrealistic to what a player actually does. Or maybe I'm just different from an average player, because I certainly don't use ammo from each weapon in the same proportions. The plasma cutter is my fucking go-to gun. I need way WAY more plasma ammo then the other guns. Yet I keep getting drops for my contact beam and line gun when they don't need more ammo. I don't fucking use the contact beam unless I'm confronted by one of those huge Brute thingies. Who the hell uses the contact beam for regular enemies? It's like the rocket launcher in Doom, you don't just waste it on the normal shmucks. Same with the line gun, I'll generally pop it out for big battles when I need to cut down a lot of folks in a hurry. The rest of the time, it doesn't get used. The fourth gun I have is the Force Gun, which is the other gun I'll actually use somewhat frequently, because really, it's like an uber shotgun of sorts. The range sucks, but since most of the enemies are melee ambush types, the ease of use with the wide spread just makes a lot of sense. So in tight cramped spaces, pulling out the force gun can be rather more reassuring then the long ranged plasma cutter.

So yea... plasma cutter and force gun get used a lot, contact beam and line gun not so much. This heavy use of two guns at the expense of two other guns really shows the flaw in the loot system, because it's just too dumb to recognize this. So I keep running out of ammo for the plasma cutter and force gun while picking up obscene amounts of contact energy and line racks. Oh, and a random drop of pulse rounds here and there. Like, WTF? Sure, I can sell the contact energy and line racks and buy more plasma ammo, but that's only whenever there's a handy terminal nearby. Seriously, it's not a bad system... but it needs to be refined. Don't give out equal portions of ammo for every weapon, have the AI take note of how much ammo for a particular weapon is getting expended.  

Another problem I hope Dead Space 2 fixes is the clipping of small items. There's that one section of the game where you have to use TK to pull wall blocks in a puzzle-y way to make a path through these living quarters. Ya know, pretty standard game mechanic, rearranging blocks to allow access to new areas. So I do this and get to the end, which triggers this script to send in the Hunter, or Regenerator. I've heard it called either way. They both make a certain amount of sense. The thing does hunt you through the game. But it also regenerates its limbs. Perhaps it should be the Hunter-Regenerator, like some feminist who decides to finally settle down and get married?

Whatever you want to call it, the boss creature that's invincible. You can't kill him, he just regrows the limb. Kinda cheap, I think. Not a fan of invulnerable enemies in games... but that's not the issue really. Anyways, I start running back and get to where I've been pulling the wall pieces. Now, obviously, you've gotta move em back the other way so you can block off the area and be free of the boss. Seems simple enough. I turn around to start using TK and a leaper jumps out of the ceiling. I shoot it a few times and kill it. Easy enough. Now, time to move the wall block. Except I can't. It's only moving a few inches before stopping. What the hell? I've still got a gap in the walls where the Hunter-Regenerator might be able to wiggle his way through. I can hear him growling and snarling from where I am. It's crazy tense. This is like a nightmare. Why the hell can't I move this wall block?! I could move it before when I wasn't being chased by a holy terror... what's the matter? The snarling and gurgling... it sounds like it might be moving closer...

Oh! I got it... the body of that dead leaper is partway in the gap between the walls. That must be why I couldn't move the block. Oh silly me... I should've seen it sooner. Ok, I'll just use telekinesis to throw the leaper corpse out of the way! Oh wait... I grabbed the wall block with my telekinesis instead. Ok, that's not what I wanted to do... I'll target it again. Oh no, the telekinesis got on the wall block again! Oh boy, this is frustrating... okay, fuck that. I'll just shoot the damn corpse instead. Wee, that got rid of it. Now, let's move this wall block so I can feel safe and sound. Footloose and fancy-free, even.

Wait... no, the wall's still not budging. Why isn't it moving? Why oh why is this part of the game not working? It's not working as intended, I'm sure of this. The game designers surely didn't plan on having the Hunter-Reg... ya know what, let's just call it the H-G from now on. My fingers are tired. Tired from talking about fucking black bars. But that's neither here nor there.

I try moving it a couple more times, but no dice. So I look into the gap again and see that a little bit of the leaper's severed limb is lying in the gap. Is that what's stopping me from moving the wall with TK? That little flimsy limb? Really EA Redwood? All this time, I've been putting up with crazy corpses flipping out and jiggling through doors and just generally going crazy whenever something happens to them, and now I'm being stymied by a little severed limb lying in the gap between the walls I have to move? Okay, that seems ridiculous, but I'll get the limb out of the way. And... hey. What do ya know, that did the trick. That was the problem all along... now the wall moves like butter!

Okay, now I just need to move the wall block along the side to open up a new gap for the last wall block and I'll be out of this puzzle and free to go about my business. Just gotta move this block up... oh wait... it's only moving a little bit. It's not fully moving across like it should! Holy hell, this has been taking forever to do... this so called escape from the big bad H-G... It's just gotten silly. The wall moves like it needs to be oiled or something, it's not fully sliding into place where it should. There must be something wrong with this one too. Okay... let's check here... what's the problem this time?

Oh! I see here, there seem to be three shattered pieces of a crate that I had broken apart earlier. Ya know, those big green crates that you always break apart for loot? Sometimes there's just little swarmer thingies inside, but most of the time, it's some sort of goodie? Well, I find this very odd. The crate itself shattered into pieces, but these three pieces seem really really solid. Like, their durability is impressive, cause I've just been working this wall with my telekinesis and smashing it against another wall block. Yet these three crate fragments seem as indestructible as ever. Is it spelled indestructible or indestructable? They both sound right when you pronounce it, ya know?

Well, gotta get these three crate remnants out of there so I can move this wall block over. Ok, I'll use telekinesis to get at em and throw em away... oh wait, my telekinesis latched onto a wall block instead. But I was aiming right at the crate pieces. Okay, let's try again... nope, again the telekinesis failed. Well, okay now... I guess I'll have to move into the gap and stand right over them to use TK. Yep, that worked. Throwing em out... one by one. Yea, that did it... the wall snapped into place. Great, I'm finally out. Escaped from the H-G boss.

And all it took was about 10 minutes of fucking around with wall blocks. How exhilarating. I hope Dead Space 2 makes those small objects crushable or much much lighter on the physics end so they won't block large sections of a wall.

#40 Posted by HandsomeDead (11853 posts) -
@demonbear said:
" @HandsomeDead: Just go play something else then. Plenty of choice out there."
Some of the worst advice i've ever heard.
#41 Edited by demonbear (1934 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: Well its simple. If you play a game and hate it for what it is, why the HELL should it change completly for you? It's just not your type of game, face it.

I loved every second of Dead Space, its still my choice for Game of the Year 2008. Does that make me stupid or ignorant? No, it just fits my tastes, thats all. 

But i know, im using logic here and its not a popular way to function on the internet...
#42 Posted by Creamypies (4169 posts) -
@PercyChuggs said:
" Dead Space didn't need to be scary. It was an action game, not a survival horror game. "
No... it was a survival horror game.
#43 Posted by HandsomeDead (11853 posts) -
@demonbear: I can't see how I'm asking for complete changes. The frustrating part of Dead Space was that it always felt on the verge of being good but missing the point. If Dead Space 2 was tweaked, then I could see it being better for everyone. Where did the whole stupid, ignorant and logic thing come from? No one is calling anyone anything here, but it's nice to see that doesn't stop you taking the moral high ground.
#44 Edited by demonbear (1934 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:

" @demonbear: I can't see how I'm asking for complete changes. The frustrating part of Dead Space was that it always felt on the verge of being good but missing the point.  "

I still don't see what you're talking about, the game was awesome. Just go play something else, while i wait for my somewhat better but quite similar Dead Space 2. :D
#45 Posted by PercyChuggs (1141 posts) -
@creamypies said:
" @PercyChuggs said:
" Dead Space didn't need to be scary. It was an action game, not a survival horror game. "
No... it was a survival horror game. "
Uh, no, it wasn't. Any game with that many weapons, upgrades, and action is NOT a survival horror game. Survival horror games are supposed to make you feel helpless and vulnerable. Silent Hill features almost no combat or fighting at all. Resident Evil (before RE4 and 5) gave you small amounts of ammo that you had to conserve. Dead Space does none of that. Every enemy you encounter in the game, you can kill, you're not running past mutants because you know you can't defeat them. Therefore, Dead Space is an action game.
#46 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

How about more f#$%ing ammo, seriously, I always ran out of bullets. I solved the problem by selling two of my guns so I don't get ammo for those anymore, however I always feel like I only have a few bullets and there aren't even enough of those core things for upgrades. The game is very stingy when it comes to money and upgrades. Bullets cost a fortune and I really think they ruined the game that way.  Also you shoot like 20 bullets and they only give you 5 ammo at most, I meant whoever made that decision should rethink it. It's like you can only use the plasma gun because that's the only gun with good aim, yet every other gun is flawed.

I didn't read anyone's post before writing mine, if I repeat anything that was said, I have no idea. It's just I finally started playing this game to see what the fuss is all about.

#47 Posted by Turtlefuzz (272 posts) -

I think Dual Wielding plasma cutters could be interesting. You would fire two at once, using LB to change the Left's firing mode and RB to change the Right's firing mode. Possibly pointless, but if done right, and this game and new enemy types that this feature would benefit from, it could be interesting.

#48 Posted by Jeust (11739 posts) -

The only think i want is a better story...  

The end twist was a case of serious Silent Hill 2 déjà vu.  

#49 Edited by atejas (3151 posts) -

Honestly I found Dead Space pretty damned scary until, say, chapter 5.
Overall, it's an exceptionally polished, if somewhat generic TPS that takes good elements from System Shock and Resident Evil(4).
There isn't really a way to dramatically improve it without overhauling or changing the fundamentals, if you ask me.

Personally, and this is just something I can't put into words properly, but I'd like a more......raw....atmosphere. More interesting stuff done with lighting effects, especially. Doom 3 lighting isn't fun with the type of enemies you have to fight and the environments you traverse in Dead Space, and quite frankly, I was more scared during STALKER in the middle of the goddamned day with friendly Stalkers nearby than I was during Dead Space.

It sets the tension marvelously, but it could afford to make the actual scares better.

Actually, it would be nice to have an option to turn off the magical bread crumb trail. I realise this is more my fault than the developers', but when I have a crutch, I lean on it, especially in a horror game. That's the same reason I disapprove of fast travel.

#50 Edited by shambles (57 posts) -

if they do add Multiplayer... wich they most likely will.. they should do so in only 2 ways... 

Co-op... wich would incorperate team work and co-operative puzzle solving.. wich i think could be quite interesting... 

for multiiplayer .. none of this horde mode or deathmatch type stuff... but multiplayer incorperated into single player.. as an option to have guests into your game.. wich .. when appropriate..and in a controlled way... would allow the guest(s) to spawn as one of the enemies..  every so often.. so for the people who complain "that games not scary" could be the scarer.. and use hidden vents or dark corridores to scare the shart out of the player..  . or even have some control over... environmental jump scares... so say that light wont flicker or smoke wont pop out of that pipe untill the guest wants it too...  so in a way the guest is kind of a dirctor of the scares... he/she chooses when to activate the scary moments... 

imagine your playing the game alone.. and you see "soandso has joined your game" ...  yet nothing has really changed... but on the other end.. as the "director/guest" has access to multiple camera angles.. with visual indicators as to what environment pieces can be manipulated...  aswell as certain times he/she can spawn as a necromorph.. or those horrible little babies.. and sneak up on the player...

i think that would be great fun..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.