Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

First thoughts on Dead Space: I freaking love it!

aliss77777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By aliss77777

I didn't play D. S. till 2010 but it reminds me of another D. S. -- demon's souls. i love the sense of danger, scarcity, and needing to be cautious when you approach a situation instead of running in guns blazing.  

another great thing about Dead Space -- the interface is freaking revolutionary! you see your health at all times, and your map and inventory is a 3D projection that moves with you in realtime. very cool.

aliss77777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aliss77777

I didn't play D. S. till 2010 but it reminds me of another D. S. -- demon's souls. i love the sense of danger, scarcity, and needing to be cautious when you approach a situation instead of running in guns blazing.  

another great thing about Dead Space -- the interface is freaking revolutionary! you see your health at all times, and your map and inventory is a 3D projection that moves with you in realtime. very cool.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By cstrang

It's a great game.  Plasma Cutter is all you need.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael
    @cstrang said:

" It's a great game.  Plasma Cutter is all you need. "

I'm partial to the Ripper. Sure, you can go through the entire game with the Cutter -- but Jesus Christ is the Ripper satisfying to use! It's like in Half-Life 2 when you use the Gravity Gun to fire saw-blades at zombies, only with the Ripper the blades are spinning, remote-controlled and, best of all, produce the most gratifying sound effect ever as they slowly saw through your enemies' limbs.
    jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By jozzy

I was the same at the beginning, but got really annoyed with at the 5th level or so and haven't been back since. I am also a big pansy because I could only play it for an hour max before being totally stressed out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.