Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Which weapons should I use?

jrodrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jrodrz

Hey guys.

So I'm playing Dead Space, and I'm at Chapter 7. I've unlocked all weapons, but I have only kept the Plasma Cutter, and the Pulse Rifle. Which of the other unlockable weapons should I use? Which are better?

Cheers
    jrodrz

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Sarumarine

Well, you really can't go wrong maybe with the exception of the Flamethrower. I loved the Flamethrower, but the majority opinion is that it's a waste of inventory and doesn't have much stopping power. It is really good at laying waste to tentacle heads and the little crawler things through. I had a lot of fun with it.

But yeah, any weapon you pick has its uses. The Ripper is great on ammo since you can use a single blade to cut up a number of Necromorphs. If you like throwing dudes around the room, the Force Gun is a good pick. It also launches grenades, so that's nice. The Line Gun is good on crowds even if it does feel like a larger Plasma Cutter. And if you like heavy weapons that lay waste to things, the Contact Beam is badass.

Difficulty has some bearing on ideal weapons, if that's how you want to play. But really, your best bet is pick something and try it out.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By chu52

plasma cutter for distance, force gun for up close, and pulse for crowds of small guys. i also kept the contact beam for bigginz.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By PerryVandell

I recommend using the plasma cutter and the line gun. Those two were the only weapons I used while playing through the game on impossible. It doesn't matter so much what weapon you use on lower difficulties, but the plasma cutter and line gun are life savers.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By demontium
    @Fullmetal216 said:
    " I recommend using the plasma cutter and the line gun. Those two were the only weapons I used while playing through the game on impossible. It doesn't matter so much what weapon you use on lower difficulties, but the plasma cutter and line gun are life savers. "
    Yeah I'm in chapter 6 and the only reason why i got rid of the line gun is because the ammo i get for it can be turned into money to buy more plasma ammo (for the leviathan which takes so many hits. 
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By napalm

I'm going through on hard and for right now, at chapter 3, I'm using the plasma cutter and the pulse rifle. You can pretty much get away with using just these two weapons, but you really need to beef up the power, speed and reload for the plasma cutter, and damage and clip size for the pulse rifle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.