Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead State

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 04, 2014

An open world zombie survival RPG. It promises to focus on the survivor mentality and social interactions that arise from such a disaster scenario.

Dead State RPG kickstarter in full swing!

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By pekoe212

For those that haven't heard of this game, the Kickstarter project page is very informative. I know, more zombies. But keep reading: "We are so sick of most zombie games. Yes, we get it, killing zombies is fun. But that’s not what the zombie genre is about. It’s about survival, first and foremost – the struggle of the survivors faced with adapting to a world that has succumbed to an unfathomable event. This is your story – you’re the leader and it’s up to you to force the lucky, the traumatized, and the selfish to work together for weeks and months after society has collapsed. Zombies are the least of your problems – you need to keep morale high, mouths fed, and your shelter safe. You will lose people. You will make enemies. You will have to make tough decisions. And you might not make it."

The founders of DoubleBear worked for Black Isle, Troika and Obsidian. I know we are going through a zombie/last of us phase in gaming, but this looks refreshingly different and really polished with some experienced people behind it. Check it out.

majkmord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By majkmord

Zombie games about pepople from designer of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines described as a mix of X-COM and Fallout sounds great. Backed.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zaccheus

Well that sound great, even with boring old zombies.

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Chemin

I'll be backing this for sure.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DeF

the last 24 hours are upon us!

c'mon people! almost $300k! almost the new city area!

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By UitDeToekomst

My first reaction after seeing only the title was "another stupid zombie game, I assume". But the description of the gameplay sounds really good. I might start a Kickstarter fund on their behalf to change the antagonists, though.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By kindgineer

It looked great until he started talking about turn-based RPG mechanics. I kind of stopped being interested at that point. To me, the feeling of survivability in a post-apocalyptic world needs to be done a certain way, and turn-based isn't it.

However, kudos to them earning 100K+ past what they needed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.