Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead State

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 04, 2014

An open world zombie survival RPG. It promises to focus on the survivor mentality and social interactions that arise from such a disaster scenario.

Really Intriguing game

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By xpgamer7

I know I know. Zombies exist in too many games. But they seem to be popping up in better designed ones more and more. We'd get a game like this eventually. Not one of offense, but one of defense. It seems like if Jericho was the setting for a zombie apocalypse and also a game, this would be it. I didn't like the slow paced nature of it, but I love some of the concepts and taking that role of micro and macro management of the community in the face of zombies is a great idea. Having a whole bunch of conflicting personalities and an ever expanding world seems cool too. I'm interested, and really wonder how I'd control and help a small population against the world. Hope they put in some AC brotherhood style missions to split up the tasks though.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xpgamer7

Since not many people seem to notice I'll expand. Jagged Alliance style but on a town and areas nearby. It's focused on character relationships with zombies being both a setting and a tool/danger you should look out for. Trying to be a zombie apocalypse sim. there's a lot of cool things that could be done with this idea, and it's really a live on what you decide game. I'm interested in what you guys think about it.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I've been following the game and am very interested but given that it may take a long time to come out, if at all, I don't want to get my hopes up. That said, a proper party-based RPG with micromanagement and survival mechanics involving zombies would be great.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

I've always viewed it as X-Com with zombies in it but as owl above me said, it probably won't be out any time soon given the lack of news the site has churned out. I've been following it for a while though since it does seem really interesting despite the zombie fatigue. Speaking of X-Com, another game worth looking out for is Xenonauts. It's basically an indie remake of X-Com and it looks good.

Also, it's being developed by ex-Troika and Obsidian folks. That's what got me on board in the first place. It might be a busted ass game but I'll be expecting great things with it.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

Yeah this excites me too. To be honest, despite the ridiculous amount of zombie games out there, I've never quite found one that captures exactly what I would want in a zombie game. This one seems like it might just do that.

Icecreamjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Icecreamjones

They've picked up the news in the last month ago, but they mostly post it on their forums. I'd say it's closer to a Fallout than an X-Com, with the focus not on detailed tactical combat - in fact you only directly control your main character, and give commands that the others can choose to control based on their own personalities! They're polishing up a demonstration for a Kickstarter coming out in the next few months to get this really kicked into high gear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.