Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadlight

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 01, 2012

A zombie plague has ravaged the Pacific Northwest. There is no chance of fighting off the horde. The only choice is to run.

Can someone spoil the game's story for me?

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FunExplosions

I'm really interested in bad or weird stories. I finished Legend of Grimrock awhile back and that game has a pretty hilarious ending... so what's this game got on that?

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FunExplosions

And did you know that your hair doesn't actually keep growing when you die?! Your head just fucking rots so it looks like that. Weird fucking shit, right?

Hey how's it coming on that story, guys? I don't have all day.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SexyToad

A man goes to the kitchen and tries to turn on the light. But flinches in terror as he realizes that the light was dead. Sorry I never played the game before. I too would like to know how it ends.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By zeushbien

Play the game yourself?

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By RawknRo11a

LOL, I'm kinda hoping this is all dialogue from the game... from what I'm hearing it's not worth the $15 so I probably wont be buying it so I'd kinda like to know how it ends too...

simmant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By simmant

I am actually really curious about the ending as well. I have a feeling Brad and Vinny weren't to far off with their serial killer prediction in the quick look. I have read plenty of reviews saying that the twist ending is bad, but haven't found anyone saying what actually happens.

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NathanStack

Go to YouTube and search for "Deadlight ending". It's not difficult.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Rafaelfc

what a TERRIBLE ending... dear lord

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By EthanielRain

The protagonist killed his wife & daughter in order to prevent them from becoming "zombies". He repressed it...remembers it at the end, and chooses to let the "zombies" kill him instead of going on living.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FunExplosions

@EthanielRain said:

The protagonist killed his wife & daughter in order to prevent them from becoming "zombies". He repressed it...remembers it at the end, and chooses to let the "zombies" kill him instead of going on living.

Ah. That's totally the "reaching" Brad was talking about. Kinda hard to take anything seriously when it's an unknown developer and when the characters have hilarious voice acting.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By l4wd0g

@EthanielRain said:

That sound like a neat twist, but it sounds like they didn't earn it.

felakuti4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By felakuti4life

The worst part for me was assuming that the serial killer IDs would mean something.

But, Act 1:

Randall kills a turning Karla, and is separated from the rest of his team. He finds Sam, one of his teammates, dying.

Act 2:

Randall is saved by The Rat, a sewer dwelling old man who asks you to find his son is exchange for information on where Randall's friends have gone off to. Randall finds the son and is attacked by The New Law, a rogue, corrupt military force who lure people to their base with promises of safety and... well, the game never really explains why the New Law are baiting people.

Act 3:

Randall finds Stella in the New Law's headquarters, and they shut off the generator, disabling the electric fence and causing the undead to take over the base. Randall remembers that he killed his wife and daughter in one of the most flaccid epiphanies in the history of video games, and he sacrifices himself so that Stella may escape on boat.

But the real twist is:

The game's story is a horrible ripoff of the plot of 28 Days Later
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By cornbredx

Spoilers- there's Zombies.... AHHHH RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Sorry couldn't resist

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Rafaelfc

Also, there's a VERY direct homage (or ripoff, depending on who you ask) to the tank scene from the The Walking Dead pilot. Complete with a radio call and someone calling the protagonist idiot (or something to that effect).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.