Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 10, 2020

Francis York Morgan returns.

Where's the Quick Look?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I saw a QL of this pop up sometime last week but when I got around to watching it it was gone. Where is it? Was I simply seeing an omen of the future on my computer screen not unlike those swirls that have been forming in my coffee to tell me about great deals on prescription-free medicine?

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It had unfixable audio issues that essentially made it unwatchable. According to Jeff those issues cannot be fixed and it will not be reposted.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I would have guessed they always record audio locally but guess not.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry, you're not missing anything special.

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I know it’s a weird, kinda bad game, but I’ll be disappointed if there’s just not going to be video of the game on the site because the audio was unsalvageable. I can’t imagine that the site’s schedule is so life-and-death that they can’t find another 60-90 minutes to cover it again.

dsjwetrwete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dsjwetrwete

Let's be honest the game is such a technical mess that it kinda fits

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By bybeach

Was not showing the DP2 quicklook a...

Blessing in Disguise?

I'm sorry...

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The audio mix was bad but I still thought it was mostly watchable.

Besides for Vinny slowly and unexpectedly warming up to the game over the course of the quick look, you're not missing out on much.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Undeadpool

Apparently SWERY and co. are patching the game and even rewriting some stuff, so they might just wait.

Maybe the game going down was a...BLESSING IN DIS-oh, DAMNIT, @bybeach!!

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MeierTheRed

The audio issues on the QL was the least of that games issues. In the state its in it honestly doesn't deserve to be given any light of day.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undeadpool: I kind of hope that’s the case cause it’s a real weird look for GB to have recorded a QL with a bad mix and then just said “can’t fix it so we’re not redoing it.” I mean shit happens but it would still be cool to have a QL especially in this very slow release season. The technical issues alone would be something worth being shown and discussed.

Zaxex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Sad that the mix got ruined, though somehow fitting. OMG, I'm so glad I found this post. I saw the QL pop-up too, then when I went to watch it it had vanished from the face of the internet without a trace. I literally came to believe that I'd dreamed it.

nitz234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@humanity: They seem to hold their QLs to a higher standard of video/audio quality than their more fun/wackier videos, so I get it to an extent.

Also every other comment in the QL thread was "THIS AUDIO FUCKING SUCKS, TAKE IT DOWN!" so they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. Personally, I don't think it was unlistenable/watchable, but it was DEFINITELY noticeable. Hopefully they'll get another one out post-patch.

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
    LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

Unlike GB to remove a video, not replace it, and not comment on it for a week. It's enough to make me think Swery got cancelled -- not even making a joke here, as that was the case with Ion Maiden and A Hat in Time (talk of playing, talk of coverage, and then nothing.)

In any case, unlisted video seems fine so I'll watch that. Not sure why they took it down. GB has been weird lately.

djredbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: And especially how much time was dedicated to the first game as far as I know the only game to have two full playthroughs of the same game going at the same time. Their was the Quite Man but I think we have all tried to forget that ever happened.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djredbat: not familiar with that game I'm afraid...

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't find the audio that bad. Was hard to hear during the skateboard segments, but that's kinda endearing given the source material and its history with bad audio mixing. Enjoyed the quick look and it made me want to play the game. Bummer they nixed it because people couldn't relax in the comments.

insomniak08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: They nixed it because it was not up to their standards. Just because you are okay with low quality content does not mean they, or anyone else for that matter, has to be.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insomniak08: Just because you are okay with removing helpful content does not mean that other people have to be. See how that kind of dismissive rhetoric is never helpful?

onlineatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By onlineatron

@insomniak08: nah development is right, people were being dickbags to ben in the comments.

and really the “up to their standards” line being thrown around is silly when a lot of the audio on lockdown vids has been sketchy (alex’s mic on the ghost ql for example).

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insomniak08: nah development is right, people were being dickbags to ben in the comments.

Ah, my poor boy Ben! People are always so nasty in the comments toward him. He's honestly my favorite member at this point and it'd be terrible if he ever left because of abuse in the comments. It really is more than I've seen for anyone before and it's so unwarranted (usually along the lines of "I hate he tries to be funny" lol) I honestly don't get it. People need to chill.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB has been weird lately.

I'm pretty sure a video being taken down for purely technical reasons has happened before.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LeStephan

@lonelyspacepanda: i thought it was just 'cuz hes the new one with abby. And it seemed to me like Abby always got just as much shit as ben, but I rarely watch gbeast content anymore so that may not be the case anymore?...I somehow doubt it :')

Austin also constantly got shit. And so did Dan but Dan rose above it with his....lets call it "heelness" :) Freaking Patrick constantly got shit back when he was the newwest member. Its always been like this afaik.

insomniak08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: How is a badly mixed video helpful? The video was objectively bad and practically impossible to hear. It is fine, everyone makes mistakes but taking it down was the right move.

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lonelyspacepanda: i thought it was just 'cuz hes the new one with abby. And it seemed to me like Abby always got just as much shit as ben, but I rarely watch gbeast content anymore so that may not be the case anymore?...I somehow doubt it :')

Austin also constantly got shit. And so did Dan but Dan rose above it with his....lets call it "heelness" :) Freaking Patrick constantly got shit back when he was the newwest member. Its always been like this afaik.

Like I said "more than I seen before". As in, it's been years and it keeps coming. Patrick was HATED at first but people grew to really like him. Haters are always a loud minority so it doesn't matter anyway, I just feel bad if Ben ever reads those comments and I think having those really destroys the community (as in, GB crew don't want to interact with fans at all outside emails on a show) -- which again is understandable.

@tds418 said:
    @lonelyspacepanda said:

GB has been weird lately.

I'm pretty sure a video being taken down for purely technical reasons has happened before.

Not often but it has happened. The weird part is them not talking about it and not replacing it nearly a week later. Maybe I missed a tweet or they talked about it on Beastcast, but they said nothing on Bombcast. It just feeds into this weird vibe lately that they really don't care about community and what it wants: Most feature shows are on hiatus (even though they've proven they can stream together on conference events and even that one demo tape), they are solo streaming full time, and now they aren't even bothering to update on why stuff gets taken down. As someone here since 2009, it feels like this growing gap between community and GB crew.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lonelyspacepanda: the staff not wanting to interact with the community is if their own choosing. When you look at these forums you get a few people that will say some negative stuff but a whole lot more users that are effervescent with praise to a fault which in my opinion is just as unhealthy. I’m a big fan of the site and I’ve been posting here for a long time despite some shitty interactions in the past - but when they do something wrong it should be ok to call it out without getting drowned out by crowds of people telling you how hard they work each day. You can recognize hard work while being critical. They have been neglecting the actual community of the site for a while now and it’s not because it’s toxic or unwelcoming. I’ve posted about their lack of communication multiple times and I’ve even suggested that the site include some sort of news ticker or a section where current events can be posted to no avail. It absolutely sucks that you have to go to Jeff’s Tumblr to find an answer about what is going on with the Quick Look. It sucks that for years you would have Brad talk about going on Gaf and posting there when you’d never see him on the forums here - and now Gaf is an incredibly toxic community.

So you know Ben might get some stuff said to him and I agree that sucks. Personal attacks are petty and hurtful. That said Ben is not a baby boy, he’s a grown up and I’m sure he sees all the positive comments as well.

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@lonelyspacepanda: That said Ben is not a baby boy, he’s a grown up and I’m sure he sees all the positive comments as well.

It doesn't really work that way though. Whether you are a massive celebrity or a duder at GB, your mind still focuses on the negative comments and they can fester in your mind in an unhealthy way. Reading comments can feel like putting your hand on a stove and trigger something akin to PTSD, where you want to completely dissociate from that thing to prevent that feeling from happening again.

I can see there also being an element of GB is essentially a fan site. We are here because we are fans of the staff. And interacting with fans can feel weird or in the very least inauthentic when compared to talking to random people at GAF or whatever it is called now.

I don't really fault staff for that. But I do fault them for not sticking to the content that made many of us subscribe in the first place and in the very least communicate why something happened (e.g. why a video was taken down and not reposted).

Rohsiph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insomniak08:

Always take care when combining "objectively" and "bad."

I would agree with "objectively hard to hear" or "objectively poor sound mix." Overall "objectively bad" though? That means the commentary and game play shown are also "bad." Don't agree with that.

Hoping they have plans to do something more with DP2 in the future... though seems like they may be waiting for a patch or port. which could be months.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the game on my own.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lonelyspacepanda said:

As someone here since 2009, it feels like this growing gap between community and GB crew.

Well if we're pulling rank here I've been around since Arrow Pointing Down (and GameSpot before that), lol. The GB crew not interacting with comments/the forums/etc. is also nothing new and pretty standard since the end of the Whiskey Media days, I feel. The rest of the stuff seems largely explainable by, you know, Covid-19 upending most people's normal lives and routines. Just feels to me like you're reading a little too deeply into things.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The audio wasn't perfect but IMHO it wasn't unwatchable by any means (it's not like the skateboard thing was for all or even most of the video...) and it gave a pretty good look at what the game is. Personally, I don't really expect much more than that from QLs.

So anyway all that to say I found it a worthwhile watch but if GB wants to remove it that's obviously their call to do. Hopefully there will be a patch and maybe it'll show up in some other content some other day.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ToughShed

@tds418: really? Been here all along also and aside from early video stuff and multiplayer event videos this site has almost never been about community interaction among the main crew. They literally hire people to do that for them.

They've had sadly mostly hostile responses to feedback since the start.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 FinalDasa  Moderator

Gonna go ahead and lock this one up before this devolves further into random side discussions.

The original post was answered, the QL was removed because of some audio issues. Videos have been removed before due to odd little issues, it happens, oh well.

If you'd like to give yourself a fun project try and record a game, yourself, and someone over Discord all separately and so you both can hear the game audio. It ain't easy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.