Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Deadly Premonition Endurance Run coming up!?

• 123 results
    mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By mowgers

Hate to be a buzzkill, but do you think they might just be doing a full review instead of giving it the quick look treatment?

Shiftshaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Shiftshaper
    @Mowgers said:
    "Hate to be a buzzkill, but do you think they might just be doing a full review instead of giving it the quick look treatment?"

Just as I told the other guy, if that was the case why would they bother saying that during I love monday's, and in such a cryptic way as well, if they wanted to do nothing more then a review?
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By mutha3
    @Shiftshaper:@Mowgers: 

Also Jeff said it would be for next week. Why would he tell us about a review a week in advance? Furthermore, a review doesn
    t take a  week.

We're getting a multi-part quicklook atleast.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Erik

Far from number one pick for me atleast.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By Deusoma

I haven't watched the first Endurance Run yet (emphasis on the yet, I'm totally gonna watch that beast when I have more time), mostly because I'm not looking forward to the apparently lengthy sequences where they just grind battles in the dungeon and don't make witty commentary. But I gotta say, a game as stupid as Deadly Premonition is supposed to be, and with it consisting of action instead of RPG battles*, I would totally watch that.

*I am in no way bashing RPGs, RPGs are great, but watching someone else do RPG-style battles over and over is not terribly thrilling for an audience.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By mutha3
    @Deusoma: 

Well i've got good news and bad news in that case!

The good news is that Persona 4 does not require grinding to progress at all. The combat and leveling system are designed and catered towards fusing being essential.

The bad new is that Jeff and Vinny didn't bother learning the game's mechanics until ,like, episode 80ish. So they sometimes wasted  hours bashing the heads of P4's equilevent of an MMORPG rat in the face. Luckily, this is counterbalanced by grinding episodes being  easily avoidable and some of the best endurance run moments come from Jeff and Vinny just leveling through(already completed)   dungeons and having a kind of mini-bombcast and just discuss games in general....while people in the comments went insane over their latest not-so-smart decision..*wipes tear* 

I miss the Endurance Run.
    eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By eldiax

Am I the only one who would really like it if Brad is at the controller?

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By jkz
    @eldiax said:
    " Am I the only one who would really like it if Brad is at the controller? "
    Personally, I kind of feel like Jeff and Vinny own this segment; they also seem like they are the two most able to keep up a constant, witty dialouge.
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Chokobo

At least there's some evidence behind this postulate.  If so, I look forward to it.  Getting this from GameFly later this week.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm hoping for another Endurance Run, I really didn't follow the last one much but plan to follow the next one.

YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By YellowKing

At first I thought this would work as an Endurance Run, but it's too recent a release.  I am totally OK with an Endurance Look or whatever they've been doing for MMO's, but the Giant Bomb users who want to play this game relatively spoiler free should get the chance to do so.  Also, the more people that buy this game with pocket change instead of just watching the entire playthrough will drive the sales; who knows, it could be the deciding factor in a sequel or another Stateside release.  Persona 4 was out for awhile before the original Run, so the people who wanted to play that got their chance while everyone else watched on later.

A lot of folks are saying that they'd rather watch this game than play it themselves to save time.  That is a giant oxymoron given that it would take the same amount of time.  Well, if you didn't skip ahead anyway.

There are totally other weird "so bad it's good" games out there that have been out for awhile that they could play instead.  Raw Danger and Disaster Report come to mind.  Seriously, those two have original Resident Evil quality dialogue.  Besides, Raw Danger's like $10 new on Amazon.  Hell, I'll loan them my copy if they don't wreck Deadly Premonition for everyone.

Case and point, Deadly Premonition is too new for an Endurance Run, either wait awhile before really forging ahead or just do a few videos.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#113  Edited By jakob187

I would love to see a Deadly Premonition Endurance Run. 

I mean, look - the purpose of the Endurance Run is to play through those games that we just don't have the time to play through, or we're so curious about whether we'd actually want to play it or not.  Deadly Premonition, I would say, is along the same lines of Persona 4 in that sense:  it's time we have to dump into something that we're just not sure if we'd be into. 

Plus, from what I'm to understand, that game is just batshit crazy and not that great in terms of gameplay.  I think an Endurance Run is fully necessary!

LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By LouChou

I love horror, but this game looks kind of abysmal to play through. I would be far more curious to just follow the plot as someone else plays through it.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#115  Edited By spaceturtle

I really hope there will be an ER for Deadly Premontion. I swore on me life I was gonna get through all the Persona 4 episodes, and so I did, even though it was a pain in the ass at times it was mostly freaking hilarious.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#116  Edited By sixghost

Shit, I still have this game sealed. I wonder if I should return it if this is all true.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @LordAndrew said:
    " @MysteriousBob said:
    " Is it bad that I've never heard of this game until now? "
    I don't think that's a problem. There were also people that didn't know anything about Persona or MegaTen before the first Endurance Run. Which is a damn shame, but at least now they know better. ;) "
    Yeah, now I know to avoid the Persona series like the plague.
    Hazelrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Hazelrah

Experience the game for myself or just wait and watch the ER. Tough choice.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#119  Edited By Whisperkill

most probably

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#120  Edited By jakob187
    @Ghostiet: Frankly, I've gotta say that it'd be kinda dumb for them to NOT do it.  I mean, it seems like the material in Deadly Premonition is so ridiculous that the hilarity of a DP ER would be boundless!!! 

Plus, I just really wanna see that game being played for some reason!  lol
    Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Lambert

Well it fits lots of criteria. It sure as hell is a game they wouldn't be able to play regularly, for different reasons of course.

benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#122  Edited By benitobb

The fact that there might be an Endurance Run is keeping me from buying that game. I hear the story, characters and atmosphere are the best parts and if the gameplay isn't that great i would rather see it in an Endurance Run than playing it myself.
    KaiUnderneath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By KaiUnderneath

I really hope it is an Endurance Run since this isn't even coming out in Europe...and I'm not importing the stupid Japanese version. 
    This would be the best way to experience the game for me.

EasyPeasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By EasyPeasey

if someone could provide video of a seal on drugs that would be as good if not better than an endurance run

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.