Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

I have this game. Ask me about it

• 57 results
    JammyLammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JammyLammy

If you are on the fence and want to know more about it, ask your questions here.  I picked up a couple days ago and I am hooked on the damn thing.  I can't stop playing it.  

There are some rough spots, but overall it is one of the best games I've played for some time.  The graphics aren't the best, but the story is intriguing as hell and will suck you in.   

So if you have any questions, especially after that awful IGN review, ask me them and I do my best to answer them :)

i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By i69edUrGpa

Well it's obviously a piece of shit so why would I want to hear you talk about it?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Venatio

I want a QL of that

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Belonpopo

Liar.

JammyLammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JammyLammy
    @i69edUrGpa said:

" Well it's obviously a piece of shit so why would I want to hear you talk about it? "

Bah, give it a chance.  Rent the game, do the bad prologue scene and see how it goes from there.  You might be pleasantly surprised :)
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By bed

the movement looks very bad.. how is it working for you? 

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By turboman

Is it better than Driv3r?

Ashwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Ashwyn

Ive seen gameplay and I'm really glad it's not got a release date for Europe.
    Game looks pretty damn bad to put it lightly.

JammyLammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JammyLammy
    @AjayRaz said: 
    " the movement looks very bad.. how is it working for you?  "

Moves like RE4, over the shoulder cam.  Occasionally (usually when going up/down stairs) it will go into a fix cam position like the old resident evil games, and thats when it turns into the terrible tank controllers.  Thankfully this doesn't happen often.  

@TurboMan said:
    " Is it better than Driv3r? "

Never played driver so I can't say :( 

However the driving in this game is pretty lackluster in terms of control.  The controls are very loose for some reason, so your car will very steer drastically when driving if you try to make a turn.
    nyuckelhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By nyuckelhead

Is it worth $20?

JammyLammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JammyLammy
    @nyuckelhead said:
    " Is it worth $20? "
    I believe so, not sure if I would go beyond that though. 
    RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By RipTheVeins

I heard it was a weird mix of something that resembles "comedy" and horror at another board, is this true?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By OmegaPirate

F/ K/ In the coffee?/

Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dejkrigeren
    @TurboMan: That's an insane question, NOTHING is better than driv3r, except maybe syphilis.
    JammyLammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JammyLammy
    @RipTheVeins said:
    " I heard it was a weird mix of something that resembles "comedy" and horror at another board, is this true? "
    The comedy is less "haha funny joke" type and more of the awkwardness of the protagonist and situation he gets into with the town people (see the biscuit scene at the police station or coffee with polly) 

Depends on how you define horror, if be scary situation then I wouldn't really say its a horror game, maybe on par with RE5 in terms of scary.  Thriller however, yeah.  You are investigating a murder in this town, the way the murder was done was pretty freaky.   

The best way to get prepped for this game would be to watch the show Twin Peaks.  Its obvious that the creators of the game were a big fan of the show.  Basically this game is Twin Peaks: The Game
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @JammyLammy said:

" If you are on the fence and want to know more about it, ask your questions here.  I picked up a couple days ago and I am hooked on the damn thing.  I can't stop playing it.   There are some rough spots, but overall it is one of the best games I've played for some time.  The graphics aren't the best, but the story is intriguing as hell and will suck you in.    So if you have any questions, especially after that awful IGN review, ask me them and I do my best to answer them :) "

Either you have bad taste or the game is really a piece shit, which the majority and critics would agree with.
    larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By larryrules138

Majority of whom? Most of the people who've played it with an open mind so far seem to like it in spite of its flaws. Of course critics will give it negative reviews because this game surely isn't for your average FPS-loving gamer, and it's unpolished.

Seems like this will definitely be a cult game. Either you'll get it and like it or hate it outright.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18  Edited By natetodamax

How much does it suck?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By DocHaus

Is it story driven like, say, Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit? Is it like a point-and-click adventure or are you more active in controlling your character? Are there lots of quick time events? Jumping puzzles? Tons of gore? No gore? Al Gore?

matt89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By matt89
    @Alphiehyr said:

" @JammyLammy said:

" If you are on the fence and want to know more about it, ask your questions here.  I picked up a couple days ago and I am hooked on the damn thing.  I can't stop playing it.   There are some rough spots, but overall it is one of the best games I've played for some time.  The graphics aren't the best, but the story is intriguing as hell and will suck you in.    So if you have any questions, especially after that awful IGN review, ask me them and I do my best to answer them :) "

Either you have bad taste or the game is really a piece shit, which the majority and critics would agree with. "
    Or you're just a shitty poster trolling the forum of a legitimately interesting game.

This game has quite a bit of buzz on a number of forums, and it seems it's worth getting if you like twin peaks. Especially since it's only $20.
    larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By larryrules138
    @matt89 said:
    This game has quite a bit of buzz on a number of forums
    I was surprised (though I probably shouldn't have been) to find that this game is pretty popular over at Something Awful. At least I know the goons approve and I'm not as insane as Agent York for liking this
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @matt89 said:
    " @Alphiehyr said:

" @JammyLammy said:

Either you have bad taste or the game is really a piece shit, which the majority and critics would agree with. "
    Or you're just a shitty poster trolling the forum of a legitimately interesting game.  This game has quite a bit of buzz on a number of forums, and it seems it's worth getting if you like twin peaks. Especially since it's only $20. "
    That's your choice and to believe that I am a "shitty poster" and "trolls the forum". Legitimately interesting game? ROFLMAO. This game has quite a bit of a buzz on a number of forums? Where's the links? Last I heard, this game got commented on being a shitty game and received a rating of 2/10.
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Yukoei

Why did you waste your money?

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Brunchies

How do you feel about everyone saying the game sucks?

larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By larryrules138
    @Alphiehyr said:

This game has quite a bit of a buzz on a number of forums? Where's the links?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387915
     http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3270379&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
     http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3270286&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post372857195 
     http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3270379&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post372906242

I'm actually finding it hard to find people who really dislike this game who've played it longer than the prologue. The user concensus to me seems to be that it's rad despite flaws. And the flaws sometimes add to the charm
    matt89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By matt89
    @Alphiehyr said:
    That's your choice and to believe that I am a "shitty poster" and "trolls the forum". Legitimately interesting game? ROFLMAO. This game has quite a bit of a buzz on a number of forums? Where's the links? Last I heard, this game got commented on being a shitty game and received a rating of 2/10. "
    Ah yes, IGN, the indisputable authority on good games.
    i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By i69edUrGpa
    @JammyLammy said:
    " @i69edUrGpa said:

" Well it's obviously a piece of shit so why would I want to hear you talk about it? "

Bah, give it a chance.  Rent the game, do the bad prologue scene and see how it goes from there.  You might be pleasantly surprised :) "
    OMG DUDE, THANKYOU ITZ THE BEST GAME EVER !!!!
    hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By hinderk
    @larryrules138 said:

" @Alphiehyr said:

This game has quite a bit of a buzz on a number of forums? Where's the links?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387915
     http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3270379&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
     http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3270286&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post372857195 
     http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3270379&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post372906242  I'm actually finding it hard to find people who really dislike this game who've played it longer than the prologue. The user concensus to me seems to be that it's rad despite flaws. And the flaws sometimes add to the charm "
    Destructoid also seems to like it.

This game looks hilarious. I probably get it, if I can find it .
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By buzz_clik
    @JammyLammy: And what is your job title at Marvelous Entertainment Inc?
    Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Castro
    @JammyLammy said:
    The best way to get prepped for this game would be to watch the show Twin Peaks.  Its obvious that the creators of the game were a big fan of the show.  Basically this game is Twin Peaks: The Game "
    Fucking. Sold.
    JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JeevesPleez

I'll probably get this when it get cheaper (yes, cheaper than $20) since I have a feeling I'll be laughing my ass off the whole time I'm playing it (or breaking my controller in rage. Only time will tell).

JammyLammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JammyLammy
    @Alphiehyr said:

" @JammyLammy said:

Well the being that the biggest review that people is following is the IGN review where the reviewer did not understand who Zach is (if you don't figure it out in 2 minutes you are legitimately retarded.) then I wouldn't put much faith in them.  Go by word of mouth, not some guy who is paid to sell ad space via favorable reviews.

@natetodamax said: 

" How much does it suck? "

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being not suck and 10 being suck, I give it a 1 

@DocHaus

said: 

" Is it story driven like, say, Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit? Is it like a point-and-click adventure or are you more active in controlling your character? Are there lots of quick time events? Jumping puzzles? Tons of gore? No gore? Al Gore? "

The story is probably the number 1 thing about it.  Without it, I would be giving this game much less favorable review.  There are quick time events, peppered throughout the game that can be annoying.  If you die at them though, you usually start at where you died or a little before.  No jumping puzzle.  Yes gore, but most of it is in cutscenes.  No Al Gore. 

@Yukoei said: 

" Why did you waste your money? "

When you have disposable income, its not such a big deal to flush 20$ on a fun game 

@buzz_clik

said: 

"  @JammyLammy: And what is your job title at Marvelous Entertainment Inc? "

Well as CEO of Marvelous Entertainment Inc, I feel that....    

larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By larryrules138

Destructoid posted a link about it being like $16 on sale already at some online retailer. I can totally forsee this being sold for $10 in bargain bins in a month's time

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @JammyLammy said:
    " @Alphiehyr said:

" @JammyLammy said:

Well the being that the biggest review that people is following is the IGN review where the reviewer did not understand who Zach is (if you don't figure it out in 2 minutes you are legitimately retarded.) then I wouldn't put much faith in them.  Go by word of mouth, not some guy who is paid to sell ad space via favorable reviews.

@natetodamax said: 

" How much does it suck? "

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being not suck and 10 being suck, I give it a 1 

@DocHaus

said: 

" Is it story driven like, say, Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit? Is it like a point-and-click adventure or are you more active in controlling your character? Are there lots of quick time events? Jumping puzzles? Tons of gore? No gore? Al Gore? "

The story is probably the number 1 thing about it.  Without it, I would be giving this game much less favorable review.  There are quick time events, peppered throughout the game that can be annoying.  If you die at them though, you usually start at where you died or a little before.  No jumping puzzle.  Yes gore, but most of it is in cutscenes.  No Al Gore. 

@Yukoei said: 

" Why did you waste your money? "

When you have disposable income, its not such a big deal to flush 20$ on a fun game 

@buzz_clik

said: 

"  @JammyLammy: And what is your job title at Marvelous Entertainment Inc? "

Well as CEO of Marvelous Entertainment Inc, I feel that....    
               "
    I forgot to mention, I don't like reading crap that's almost a page long.
    JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JeevesPleez
    @Alphiehyr: Dude, you're on an internet forum. It's not like you're not wasting time already.

Also, disappointed with the lack of Gore in this game. Al Gore specifically. I'd go buy it right now if he was in it.
    JammyLammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JammyLammy

I'm curious if  Deadly Premonition killed his mom or something.  The amount of energy he's putting into hating a game is pretty ridiculous .  Dude needs a break from the forums, I think.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @JeevesPleez said:
    " @Alphiehyr: Dude, you're on an internet forum. It's not like you're not wasting time already.  Also, disappointed with the lack of Gore in this game. Al Gore specifically. I'd go buy it right now if he was in it. "
    I know it's a internet forum. I am wasting time.
    @JammyLammy said:
    " I'm curious if  Deadly Premonition killed his mom or something.  The amount of energy he's putting into hating a game is pretty ridiculous .  Dude needs a break from the forums, I think. "
    Nope. A lot of things are ridiculous. Your certainly entitled to your opinion.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By Rowr
    @Alphiehyr said:

" @JeevesPleez said:

" @Alphiehyr: Dude, you're on an internet forum. It's not like you're not wasting time already.  Also, disappointed with the lack of Gore in this game. Al Gore specifically. I'd go buy it right now if he was in it. "
    @JammyLammy said:
    " I'm curious if  Deadly Premonition killed his mom or something.  The amount of energy he's putting into hating a game is pretty ridiculous .  Dude needs a break from the forums, I think. "
    Nope. A lot of things are ridiculous. Your certainly entitled to your opinion. "
    GTFO

Everyone else stop responding to the troll.

Maybe he will head back to gamefaqs or IGN or whatever internet hole he crawled out from. He clearly was not yet ready to leave the pool.
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Rowr said:

" @Alphiehyr said:

" @JeevesPleez said:

@JammyLammy

said:
    Nope. A lot of things are ridiculous. Your certainly entitled to your opinion. "
    GTFO  Everyone else stop responding to the troll.  Maybe he will head back to gamefaqs or IGN or whatever internet hole he crawled out from. He clearly was not yet ready to leave the pool. "
    Everyone else stopped responding to the troll in your opinion. Maybe I won't. Maybe your not clearly ready?
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ArchScabby

Is it so bad it's fun to play?  Like a shitty movie?

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rowr
    @Alphiehyr said:
    " @Rowr said:

" @Alphiehyr said:

" @JeevesPleez said:

@JammyLammy

said:
    GTFO  Everyone else stop responding to the troll.  Maybe he will head back to gamefaqs or IGN or whatever internet hole he crawled out from. He clearly was not yet ready to leave the pool. "
    Everyone else stopped responding to the troll in your opinion. Maybe I won't. Maybe your not clearly ready? "
    This is the fun part where i stand up and exclaim, I REST MY CASE.
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Rowr said:
    " @Alphiehyr said:
    " @Rowr said:

" @Alphiehyr said:

" @JeevesPleez said:

@JammyLammy

said:
    Everyone else stopped responding to the troll in your opinion. Maybe I won't. Maybe your not clearly ready? "
    This is the fun part where i stand up and exclaim, I REST MY CASE. "
    Good for you.
    JammyLammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JammyLammy
    @ArchScabby said:
    " Is it so bad it's fun to play?  Like a shitty movie? "
    See thats the problem, the "movie" (story) to it is actually really damn good.  As i said before, it will suck you in.  If it was a book, I'd be reading it right now instead of posting on a messgaeboard/studying for my test. 

Gameplay itself can be rough in some aspects.  The enemies are pretty meh (so far), and driving is a bit clunky.   

Though some of the aspects as realistic day cycle (its 1:1 to real life, but you can sleep/smoke to pass time), townspeople have realistic schedules are neat.  The setting is fantastic.   

I recommend going into it, not as the next Halo, running around blasting people, but instead a story, taking your time and taking in the atmosphere.  
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44  Edited By demontium
    @JammyLammy: Why did you steal my idea? 

oh well...
    JammyLammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JammyLammy
    @demontium said:
    " @JammyLammy: Why did you steal my idea?  oh well... "
    Que? Sorry, you lost me. 

Did you mean to make a thread like this? If so, help me out and give your review of the gameplay.  I will admit that I'm going to be way to biased so it would be helpful to get another source.
    XivSpew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By XivSpew

I picked this game up as well (for free, mind you).  It is very much Twin Peaks the game, your enjoyment of it will directly stem from how much you liked the show, especially all the inside jokes.  I mean, it's really, really not well made, but god damn if it isn't weird.  Crackers cost $30 in the game.  First puzzle is finding the right species of squirrel as a keyring.  You have 2 seperate controller inputs to turn your wipers on and off.  The story is admittedly cool, and they actually establish your role as a player of the game within the context of the story (don't ask), but by no means is this a good game in the slightest.  At the very least, it is the first time in a long time I'm totally dumbfounded and amazed at what the game is coming at me with...it's seriously off the charts of any normal survival horror, western or Japanese.  If you're the kind of person who likes watching shitty movies with friends, play this with them.  it's totally worth the $20...especially if you're intoxicated somehow.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, possibly the best pause/menu screen ever.  Just stare at it.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By demontium
    @JammyLammy said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @JammyLammy: Why did you steal my idea?  oh well... "
    Que? Sorry, you lost me.  Did you mean to make a thread like this? If so, help me out and give your review of the gameplay.  I will admit that I'm going to be way to biased so it would be helpful to get another source. "
    That game is horrible. 

I was gonna make a thread on it, but ya got me covered lad.
    JammyLammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JammyLammy
    @demontium:  

Boooooooo!  :p 

But yeah, give your perspective on it.  I don't want to paint it as the seconding coming of christ and have people get a buy they don't enjoy.  Post your criticism of it to give some equal balance to this thread.
    odyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By odyssey

Sad to see that we can't get as good as a discussion here as Neogaf or Something Awful.

Basically the game is hyper ambitious under an ugly sheen of unpolishness. There's so many things that sound great on paper, and if you're drawn into the guirky cheapness of the game, you'll find out they play out just as good too. Drive around a large scale city, play a dumpload of minigames, eat a wide variety of food. Peak into people's houses. Also the puzzle solving is quite clever and the detective work actually asks for a bit of brain power. If you've ever found yourself loving games for being janky (Earth Defense Force fans unite) you'll probably find the cheapness of the game compelling and enjoy playing a game you've never really seen before. IGN's right, if this was released in 2002 it would of been called a Shenmue killer.

But there score is so wrong. 2.0 should be reserved for downright broken games with nothing redeemable about them. Deadly Premonition isn't broken, and there's a lot to enjoy about the game.

But one thing that sucks is that the achievements for beating the game on easy, normal, and hard don't stack up. Fucking hell. >:|

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By bretthancock
    @Odyssey said:
    " Sad to see that we can't get as good as a discussion here as Neogaf or Something Awful.  Basically the game is hyper ambitious under an ugly sheen of unpolishness. There's so many things that sound great on paper, and if you're drawn into the guirky cheapness of the game, you'll find out they play out just as good too. Drive around a large scale city, play a dumpload of minigames, eat a wide variety of food. Peak into people's houses. Also the puzzle solving is quite clever and the detective work actually asks for a bit of brain power. If you've ever found yourself loving games for being janky (Earth Defense Force fans unite) you'll probably find the cheapness of the game compelling and enjoy playing a game you've never really seen before. IGN's right, if this was released in 2002 it would of been called a Shenmue killer.  But there score is so wrong. 2.0 should be reserved for downright broken games with nothing redeemable about them. Deadly Premonition isn't broken, and there's a lot to enjoy about the game. But one thing that sucks is that the achievements for beating the game on easy, normal, and hard don't stack up. Fucking hell. >:| "
    I think I'm going to love this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.