Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Strongly recommend watching Twin Peaks before the ER

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zagzagovich

A few weeks ago I got interested in Twin Peaks since I saw a very small part of it as a kid and had no memory of it except for the fact that OWLS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM so I decided to watch it. It's only two seasons and a prequel movie and the whole thing is great! The characters are bizzare and complex, There are a lot of out of nowhere fun as hell twists that actually make sense in this weird universe and it's just an all around a great watch. But the main thing is the amount of content this game tries to copy from it, probably more as a tribute but still some scenes even in the first episode of ER are so much more fun because you know what SWEARY tries to do there. And obviously you won't get any Twin Peaks references from Jeff that are half the fun. So c'mon! Watch a good show to enjoy another show more!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Good lord. Will the new the stream of new threads in the DP board ever end?
    larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By larryrules138

Yeah, having seen Twin Peaks before playing/watching this DP ER will help a lot. At the least it'll get one in the right frame of mind to enjoy the game's ridiculousness. I watched Twin Peaks after beating Deadly Premonition and saw a ton of similarities. Even the moving deer head in the background of the pause menu has meaning, but  you wouldn't get that if you haven't seen the show.

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ricetopher
    @Abyssfull: The P4 endurance run made the P4 boards skyrocket to the most popular, so I'd expect the same of the DP boards now with the new ER.
    larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By larryrules138

It's probably worthwhile to mention that CBS has all of the episodes of Twin Peaks up on their site free to watch. They don't have the pilot episode though, and that's almost mandatory so you'll know who the characters are. You can find the pilot on Youtube.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By cap123
    @larryrules138: USA only :((
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Seedofpower
    @Abyssfull said:
    " Good lord. Will the new the stream of new threads in the DP board ever end? "
    No its the new persona.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Nah, I'm not too into the idea of watching something to be able to appreciate another thing more.  Even if the whole thing's just one big tribute, I'm not gonna watch Twin Peaks to get the numerous references.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#9  Edited By citizenkane
    @Abyssfull said:
    NEVER
    zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zagzagovich
    @FluxWaveZ: 
    That's cool to. It seems the guys are gonna make it a good watch for everyone, and in the next few episodes the game really shines.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EVO
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " Nah, I'm not too into the idea of watching something to be able to appreciate another thing more.  Even if the whole thing's just one big tribute, I'm not gonna watch Twin Peaks to get the numerous references. "
    Nevertheless you should still watch Twin Peaks because it's awesome.
    alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By alsnuts2

Looks like CBS streams Episodes. Ill have to check them out. 
    Edit: oops looks like someone already said that must have glazed over that post

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Will watching the ER before seeing TP ruin the show at all?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By mikemcn
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    NEVER "
    Embrace it bro, there will be 100s more new topics before this endurance run is over. There are 665 topics in the persona 4 forum.....
    MartinKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MartinKing

Just started watching the show, and yes, it is great. So far Log Lady is my favourite, after Cooper of course.

YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By YellowKing
    @MartinKing:  Wait until you meet DP's Log Lady.
    metalrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By metalrader

I just started watching the first episode of Twin Peaks. Holy crap, DP seems like a straight up homage. 

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mysterysheep

Those outside the US can see it on Tudou.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By apathylad

Are there any legal, safe, and fast streaming websites where I can watch the whole series and the film?

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#20  Edited By Jazz
    @ZagZagovich said:
    " A few weeks ago I got interested in Twin Peaks since I saw a very small part of it as a kid and had no memory of it except for the fact that OWLS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM so I decided to watch it. It's only two seasons and a prequel movie and the whole thing is great! The characters are bizzare and complex, There are a lot of out of nowhere fun as hell twists that actually make sense in this weird universe and it's just an all around a great watch. But the main thing is the amount of content this game tries to copy from it, probably more as a tribute but still some scenes even in the first episode of ER are so much more fun because you know what SWEARY tries to do there. And obviously you won't get any Twin Peaks references from Jeff that are half the fun. So c'mon! Watch a good show to enjoy another show more! "
    I endorse this statement. 
    And you should also watch Twin Peaks because it is one of the funniest shows ever made. 
    Im pretty sure the guy who plays James in Twin Peaks only has one fixe expression throughout the show
    diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By diz

If you don't have time for Twin Peaks, you could always watch "Blue Velvet" instead. Blue Velvet is the original film that the series was based on and directed by the same David Lynch.
    Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Castro
    @Jazz said:
    " @ZagZagovich said:
    " A few weeks ago I got interested in Twin Peaks since I saw a very small part of it as a kid and had no memory of it except for the fact that OWLS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM so I decided to watch it. It's only two seasons and a prequel movie and the whole thing is great! The characters are bizzare and complex, There are a lot of out of nowhere fun as hell twists that actually make sense in this weird universe and it's just an all around a great watch. But the main thing is the amount of content this game tries to copy from it, probably more as a tribute but still some scenes even in the first episode of ER are so much more fun because you know what SWEARY tries to do there. And obviously you won't get any Twin Peaks references from Jeff that are half the fun. So c'mon! Watch a good show to enjoy another show more! "
    I endorse this statement. And you should also watch Twin Peaks because it is one of the funniest shows ever made. Im pretty sure the guy who plays James in Twin Peaks only has one fixe expression throughout the show "
    James? What about Leo? The scene in the pilot where he's all pissed off at Shelley over the cigarette butts is amazing. "I smoke these. What are these doing here?" Comedic gold.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Deadly Premonition (it's fucking awesome), everyone should watch Twin Peaks. That show is amazing and it has the best series finale ever. Also, David Duchovny plays a transvestite FBI agent.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#23  Edited By Jazz

Huh? Me?
     Huh? Me?
    clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By clush

Well, I love this game's vibe. If twin peaks is a lot like DP I might have to check it out. 

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Trilogy

Youtube only has 8/9 parts to the pilot. I just watched the first 8 parts and now I'm really pissed that I can't finish it. Anyone know if any other sites have the pilot? Maybe I'll just look up the last part on wikipedia or something. =/

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mysterysheep
    @Apathylad and Trilogy: See my post. 

@Dis: They're not really similar. Blue Velvet wasn't the inspiration for Twin Peaks, it just also happens to star Kyle MacLachan and Jack Nance. The only similarity is that David Lynch is responsible for both. That being said, Blue Velvet's still a pretty good film that you should watch. 
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Daveyo520

I just started watching it last night because of the ER and I like it so far. Agent Cooper is a character and does kida remind me of York.
    Jeremy_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jeremy_x

Like Ryan said, I would also recommend watching at least the first season of TP before watching the end of DP, because that way you don't have to think at DP all the time you watch TP (sounds stupid, but at a certain point you might get the impression that TP would be ripping off, not the other way around).
    Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hannibal

I just started Twin Peaks last night and I love it so far. Got through 7 episodes. Seems both really weird and really real in ways that a lot of shows today aren't. I wish they still made shit like this.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Shadow

I just saw a few episodes of Twin Peaks.  It's terrible

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By Jackel2072

Twin Peaks is a amazing show. After you rap up the whole who killed Laura Palmer plot line the show does kind of become flat and miss guided. but still it's one of the best damn shows i have ever seen

NOW THATS A DAMN FINE CUP OF COFFEE

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm gonna start watching the episodes on CBS.com.

I may hold off on the ER until I finish... although the odds of that happening are slim to none.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By buzz_clik
    @Seedofpower said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    No its the new persona. "
    "It is happening again..."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.