Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Who here actually likes the game?

• 78 results
    havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By havelava
    @RenMcKormack:  I think everyone will start to appreciate it more when they get to Greenvale, because the game really picks up there.

About the icons  Nah, I got my own, we can keep rockin our respective York's.
    renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By renmckormack
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I got the game a few days ago and have played for about 11 hours now and I love it. I even stoped playing god of war 3 so i can focus all my time on deadly preminition.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54  Edited By trophyhunter

sorta actually kinda yes

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By renmckormack
    @havelava: AN ARMY OF YORKS!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By YellowKing

I seeee youuuu...

Kratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Kratch
    @Kraznor said:
    " I legitimately love the game as well. I think those chalking it up to a mere "so bad it's good" aren't really appreciating some of the things the game actually does really well. The writing, the characters and the story are actually pretty awesome and its all very self-aware of its cheesiness. I compare it to something like the original Evil Dead. Its low-budget and pretty stupid, but that's kind of what gives it its charm. And the original Evil Dead had some cool style to it, much like this game has. In short, love it and I love the idea of an Endurance Run. "
    I agree with this. I think that for all the stuff in the game that isn't well done, there is a lot of really legitimately creative stuff going on.  The game also seems to mesh with some personalities and not others.  I find the game hilarious, and not in a so-bad-its-good way.  The creators of the game, it seems to me, knew exactly what they were doing as far as tone, story, and characters go.  A lot of David Lynch stuff has that melodramatic, silly tone on purpose, and I love it.  
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By MikkaQ

If the combat itself was better, I'd be more inclined to play the game. Love the crappy dialogue, and the fact that everything is out of place and just plain awkward, but that's something I get get from the ER. I don't feel like I need to play the game, really. Especially the more tedious parts.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#59  Edited By Yummylee
    @RenMcKormack said:
    " @havelava: AN ARMY OF YORKS!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS "

I'ma join your ranks!
    havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By havelava
    @YellowKing said:
    " I seeee youuuu... "
    I'm gonna go hide in the locker. 
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By JoelTGM

The game is nuts, I like it.  Watching the GB staff stumble through the game is very entertaining.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By GeekDown

Since I live in Sweden I can't play it, but it seems really cool and I wish I could buy it. But I guess an Endurance Run of it is even better.

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#63  Edited By hinderk

I liked this game before it was cool.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By EpicSteve

Based on the Endurance Run and reviews, it looks like ass.

havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By havelava
    @EpicSteve said:

" Based on the Endurance Run and reviews, it looks like ass. "

How many reviews did you read?  How about these

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3178205&p=4  

I want to tell you about the most fun I've had playing a videogame in a good long while. Deadly Premonition is the kind of experience that reminds you of why you fell in love with this medium in the first place. Once you look past its flaws, you'll find a game that is completely engrossing for far longer than it ought to be, is refreshingly self-aware that it is, in fact, a videogame and not a movie, and in many ways, is one of the best examples of game writing I've ever seen

http://www.oxmonline.com/article/reviews/xbox-360/m-r/deadly-premonition-0 

Its production values are unquestionably budget, but the game’s ambitious level of corny self-awareness makes it a stupidly affordable, must-have cult title for the adventurous set.

http://www.atomicgamer.com/articles/998/deadly-premonition-review 

With four long Episodes (made up of multiple chapters totaling upwards of twenty hours), a cast of interesting characters, a truly compelling storyline and a variety of different things to do, it’s likely one of the best action/adventure/survival/horror values released in some time.

http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/3475/Deadly-Premonition-Review.htm 

If other games had the problems found in Deadly Premonition, they would be laughed off the 360 and into obscurity, but this game just has that staying power, that “je ne sais quoi” that makes you want to keep playing, to keep going forward, to keep unraveling the mystery, no matter how awful the controls and graphics. 

http://www.digitalchumps.com/game-reviews/34-360/4774-deadly-premonition.html 

Access Games just got so much right with Deadly Premonition it's honestly hard to find a hell of a lot to bicker about. If you look past the graphics, and you should, you're in for a tremendous treat here. It's the kind of game that gets you hooked fast, and keeps you playing for hours on end

http://www.destructoid.com/review-deadly-premonition-165168.phtml 

Deadly Premonition is like watching two clowns eat each other. It's perverse, it's wrong, and yet it's so fucking funny. There are many who will not understand, or not even want to understand what makes it so compelling and excellent despite its quality. For the twenty dollar price tag, however, there will be no finer experience for survival horror fans with a love for the darkly comic. 

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/deadly-premonition-review.php?page=1

Despite its laundry list of infuriating flaws and shortcomings, "Deadly Premonition" offers one of the most unique and memorable gaming experiences ever. 

http://www.ztgamedomain.com/9374/Deadly-Premonition.html

Yes, some aspects are nowhere near where the bar has been set on current titles, but this game is something that is a truly unique experience as well as a love letter to fans of the survival horror genre. You really can't go wrong with picking this game up if you have the time to invest in it. 

http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/rev/deadlypremonitionreview.html 

This game is not for everyone. In fact, it won't be for most people. But, at an amazing value of twenty dollars, it may be a worthy investment for those that are bored of their current slate of games and are ready to put up with the numerous frustrations to experience the inane charm that Deadly Premonition offers 

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/761/761567.html 

Awful in nearly every way. The Twin Peaks meets Resident Evil with a dash of Grand Theft Auto formula sounds pretty great, but it was well beyond the capabilities of this development team. Terrible controls. Terrible pacing. Terrible sound effects. Terrible visuals. Maybe you can convince yourself that these things don't matter as you work through this surreal and quirky storyline.

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Kbm600

Gonna guess that Brad isn't on the list of people who do.

I haven't played this yet but it looks hilarious enough to consider picking up.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#67  Edited By Yummylee
    @EpicSteve said:
    "Based on the Endurance Run and reviews, it looks like ass. "

It looks loike mighty fyne arse though.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#68  Edited By EpicSteve
    @havelava said:

" @EpicSteve said:

]
    No, I don't read CheatCC, Gameshark, or ZTgamedomain, I guess I'm a uninformed asshole. I like how you systematically neglect the Erik Brudvig's review. All those reviews share a similar point of the game has low production values, which is not something I'm willing to put up with in a game.
    havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By havelava
    @EpicSteve:   Ok, you've got one negative review,  and disregarding  CheatCC, Gameshark, or ZTgamedomain, that's still six positive reviews.  And I only put Cheatcc in there in the interest of fairness, besides IGN, they were one of the few who actually gave it a negative review.  But hey, if you're going to let the look of a game affect you're impressions of it, then by all means go ahead.  But, seriously, if you can look past production values it's a really fun game.  You should give it a try, who knows, you might like it.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ArchScabby

This game looks like it's the video game equivalent of Troll 2.  Such a chain wreck of a horror movie/game that it turns it into a hilarious comedy.

Also this

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Hunkulese
    @EpicSteve said:
    " @havelava said:

" @EpicSteve said:

]
    No, I don't read CheatCC, Gameshark, or ZTgamedomain, I guess I'm a uninformed asshole. I like how you systematically neglect the Erik Brudvig's review. All those reviews share a similar point of the game has low production values, which is not something I'm willing to put up with in a game. "
    It's kind of like the Evil Dead series. They obviously didn't have a ton of money to work with but there's enough charm and irreverent humor to make it a highly enjoyable experience.
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Karkarov

Honestly I never would have even given this game the time of day if not for the endurance run.  Now I am getting a strong "RE 1" vibe and personally I miss the days of my Jill Sandwich, having to carry some dumb chick to a piano, and basically overall cheesy bad horror movie writing.  For 20 measly bucks I would throw down for this.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By august

From watching the ER, I really like everything about this game other than the graphics and the combat. The character models for non-monsters are pretty good, and the main character especially. Also the voice acting ain't bad for what his is.

The there's the whole metatextul commentary with the player being Zach. Makes me wish I owned a 360.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By august
    @RenMcKormack said:
     There is an extended scene when York talks to Zach about Fred Ward in Tremors.
    what that is goddamn awesome
    KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @august said:
    " @RenMcKormack said:
     There is an extended scene when York talks to Zach about Fred Ward in Tremors.
    what that is goddamn awesome "
    Yeah, there is actually a lot of completely arbitrary dialogue about movies in this game. Usually while driving alone, you will occasionally get a prompt to talk to Zach, in which York just goes on and on about trivial facts related to relatively obscure films. It's actually pretty interesting and funny at the same time.
    SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Don't know yet.  I think I might go out and buy my own copy.  To play along with the GB crew.  

Also for the record.  I've got 50 on Jeff and Vinny finishing first!

YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By YellowKing

I'll take that bet.  Jeff and Vinny will put up with the game longer if one team quits, but Brad and Ryan have been much faster.  But then, if Brad needs to do every side mission...

I change my bet, I'm with you.

NintenDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By NintenDood

I'd rather play this over FFXIII, which clearly tells you something ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.