Death Stranding is a sci-fi third-person open-world action-adventure game in development by Kojima Productions, with a planned released by Sony for the PlayStation 4 on November 8, 2019.
The first game by the reformed Kojima Productions (now an independent studio unaffiliated with Konami), Death Stranding takes place in the near-future as the world is ravaged by a cataclysmic supernatural phenomenon known as "death stranding", leaving cities isolated and the landscape both barren and plagued with spectral creatures. While not much is known about the main plot, much of the game's symbolism is revolved around creating connections, or "strands".
The game features the performances (including voice acting, likenesses, and dialogue motion capture) of numerous veteran actors for its central characters, most notably Norman Reedus as the playable protagonist and Mads Mikkelsen as the central antagonist. Other notable actors include Léa Seydoux, Lindsay Wagner, Margaret Qualley, Tommie Earl Jenkins, and Troy Baker. Film directors Guillermo del Toro and Nicolas Winding Refn are also featured in likeness only.
- Sam Bridges (portrayed and voiced by Norman Reedus)
- Cliff (portrayed and voiced by Mads Mikkelsen)
- Deadman (portrayed by Guillermo del Toro)
- Fragile (portrayed and voiced by Léa Seydoux)
- Amelie (portrayed and voiced by Lindsay Wagner)
- Higgs (portrayed and voiced by Troy Baker)
- Die-Hardman (portrayed and voiced by Tommie Earl Jenkins)
- Mama (portrayed and voiced by Margaret Qualley)
- Heartman (portrayed and voiced by Nicolas Winding Refn)
- Bridget (portrayed and voiced by Lindsay Wagner)