Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Death Stranding

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2019

The first game from game director Hideo Kojima after his departure from Konami, Death Stranding is a third-person action-adventure game where the goal is to dredge through a ravaged wasteland to reconnect isolated cities and prevent a mass extinction.

Chibi drawings potentially tease Del Toro and Mads Mikkelsen involvement

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nothing is topping this forum title. My own personal best.

Hey, so if you watch the Sony TGS show you'd know that Kojima showed up for a bit to talk about Death Stranding, sticks and ropes. Standard fare.

Accompanying this explanation were small chibi drawings, many of which very strongly resemble certain people.

I want to believe
    I want to believe

Dumb easter egg, or genuine tease? You decide. For what it's worth I do think this goes a step beyond most Kojima conspiracies and there could be something with these, especially with the rumours beforehand about the involvement of Mads. It's also not far-fetched to think that Kojima may have gotten Del Toro back on board, reassuring him that he literally has Sony money now, and that this ship is not sinking (at least, not any time soon).

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i want to belive too all this people are amazing at what they do so i hope this theory bears fruit

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones

I'll take any Mads Mikkelsen I can get. Dude is a fucking phenomenal actor, especially as an antagonist. He just has a menacing look about him that makes any screen villain he plays pop.

Del Toros(theoretical) involvement isn't too surprising but still cool.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Del Toro means the game will never see the light of day. That guy is like a kiss of death.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@sackmanjones: Every time I hear "Mads Mikkelsen", I think: I should REALLY go watch the rest of Hannibal. But I can never find myself invested enough to do it.

I was willing to believe the "David Hayter totally IS in MGSV" conspiracy theories, so I'm in all the way with this one. There's definitely way more evidence here.

At the same time though, I wouldn't be surprised that because of Del Toro's involvement, I random fire starts in the dev studio or a computer virus destroys all versions of the game just before going gold. Because, y'know, curses and stuff.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I would have kind of hoped for some Junji Ito involvement, but I really want to see where this game goes, though as the ambition increases I assume the time until we see it will increase.

2020? Maybe?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By ArtisanBreads

FWIW Kojima actually was just hanging with Mads Mikkelsen recently. Posted pictures of it on twitter. I don't want to go through the trouble to dig that up but someone else could. That's a good sign.

I really like him. Valhalla Rising is a really cool movie (even though he mostly just looks cool and trips out in it, like everyone else).

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.