Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Death Stranding

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2019

The first game from game director Hideo Kojima after his departure from Konami, Death Stranding is a third-person action-adventure game where the goal is to dredge through a ravaged wasteland to reconnect isolated cities and prevent a mass extinction.

Do you guys Want to hear a Spoiler-Cast for Death stranding ?

InStInCt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you guys Want to hear a Spoiler-Cast for Death stranding ? (112 votes)

Yes 64%
    No 36%

I just finished it and went back to the beastcast when they first talked about this games, and they talked about maybe doing a Spoilercast for this game.
    And so i thought that this poll might help them figure out if they should or shouldn't do it.

btw i agree 110% with what vinny said on that game

• 
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Humanity

At this point probably not? It would be interesting if even half of them enjoyed the game. As it stands Alex is pretty down on it and Vinny seems to say he likes it with a lot of “..but..” so hearing an hour long conversation where they continuously call the story “Kojima bullshit” doesn’t sound all that great.

Of course I’m saying this from the perspective of a person that enjoys the game so I am biased.

Squadaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny losing his mind over the story in the Beastcast was great so I'd love a spoilercast, but it sounds like they're all so over that game at this point that we probably won't get one.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

As a person that is aware the game is an event and is likely going to be discussed everywhere on the Internet from here to goty, but is not really interested in experience it, I am in favor of them having a discussion about it without being restricted by what it might or not spoil.

Maybe they should take advantage of the current plans to get together. I want Jeff, Brad, Dan, Vinny and Alex together in one room talking about those moments.

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point if I never hear about Death Stranding again, it'll be too soon.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Teoball

Nah, none of them really seems to like it and I don’t want to listen to them complain about how everything is crazy.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sure, why not. Also, i'm pretty sure there is already a thread about this.

Avatar image for deactivated-610c321d60197
    deactivated-610c321d60197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes but only because I probably won't touch it until it comes to PC

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I hope they do it, if only so the Bombcast/Beastcast doesn’t have any more segments that devolve into “Boy, once I got to THAT line, I wanted to uninstall the game.” “Oh THAT line?” “Yeah, THAT line.” Like, holy shit, if you’re so worried about spoiling anything why even start to talk about later parts of the game that you liked/disliked, since you’re going to have to dance around saying anything specific anyways.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the story is the worst part of it, no thanks. I sure as hell couldn't talk about the story without resorting to just trashtalking the game in every other sentence. Every scene to do with Amelie puts me to sleep, and she's unfortunately a big deal. I'm sure "that line" and any other stupid moment will get covered in GOTY.

Abetorias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Abetorias

I really liked it, so no. Stop shitting on my favourite game of the year GB!

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

my thinking is that they’ve said enough. Clearly GB as an outlet just wasn’t into the game. That’s alright, but I don’t have any interest in hearing more takedowns of the game. Granted it’s one of my favorite games of the year so take that as you will.

For what it’s worth I thought the kotaku spoilercast on youtube was great. They didn’t just heap praise, it was a genuinely intelligent discussion and they bring up a lot of the flaws along with positives.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd like to hear Vinny and Brad talk about it.

I don't want to hear a bunch of people whine about a game that clearly isn't their thing. There is a fun discussion to be had, but with people who at least like the gameplay part but maybe didn't understand the story part and want to suss it out. And laugh about good and bad parts.

Otherwise, yea, as people have said, it'll just be "All kojima bullshit, who cares"

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I wish they'd do way more spoiler casts. They wait til GOTY in theory but by then its a rushed argument.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By BisonHero

@stephen_von_cloud: Maybe not “way more”, but for games where basically the whole staff played it, and multiple people finished it and it’s a game with a significant focus on narrative, I think they should do one. For the frankly crazy amount of prerelease and release video coverage they gave Death Stranding, I feel like the least they could do is have Alex and Vinny and maybe Brad do a 45-90 minute spoiler podcast. The Beastcast where Alex and Vinny have to talk about the story in broad generalities isn’t very informative, and they don’t tend to explore things as much as I’d like on GotY because as you say, they’re in more of a rush since they have so many categories to get through.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 24

Would love to hear Vinny say exactly "What's wrong with everybody?"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.