Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Death Stranding

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2019

The first game from game director Hideo Kojima after his departure from Konami, Death Stranding is a third-person action-adventure game where the goal is to dredge through a ravaged wasteland to reconnect isolated cities and prevent a mass extinction.

Finished Death Stranding...

jrob8604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I just finished Death Stranding....

And I think reviewers were to hard on this game because it was doing very different things. I really enjoyed my time playing the game, I think people try to be to critical of the systems that you have to work with, and for sure the beginning of the game is probably the least fun as you get bombasted by new mechanics and systems every couple of minutes, it takes you several hours before you can wrap your head around everything and are able to feel comfortable traversing the world. There are still some things that I'm not very good at because I didn't try them to often namely combat and stealing equipment from MULE's/Terrorists.

I think my biggest complaints about the game is the story is overly complicated when it try's to explain what's going on that you just don't care especially towards the end of the game. While I enjoyed watching the cutscenes I didn't really care to much about what they were trying to say cause it all sounds like technical jargon about what was going on or this has the happen. The 2nd complaint is the combat in this game is just not that great. Granted most of the time you can avoid combat all together, and when you do have to fight it's either to easy/overpowered, or rather clunky and awkward. Some of the last few boss fights just ended up being longer because the combat was so clunky, for example picking up a piece of equipment and then throwing it at an enemy to stun them is not intuitive.

With that said I loved the world building, linking zones together, creating roads to drive vehicles on to better transport large runs of equipment. Seeing other peoples creations come into the world is probably the most interesting thing this game does. Some of the characters I really enjoyed in the game with my favorites being Mads character, Fragile, Mama, Heartman. Part of me want's to five star all the waystation and build up all the infrastructure to get around the world as easy as possible. It looks like their might be some DLC hinted at, and I'm excited to see that world with new developments.

Death stranding was probably my 2nd favorite game that I played of 2019 behind Resident Evil 2

Top 3

1. Resident Evil 2

2. Death Stranding

3. Outer Wilds

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.