Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Death Stranding

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2019

The first game from game director Hideo Kojima after his departure from Konami, Death Stranding is a third-person action-adventure game where the goal is to dredge through a ravaged wasteland to reconnect isolated cities and prevent a mass extinction.

I think I want to play Death Stranding

• 55 results
    Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah i'm actually very surprised the reviews for this ended up so high. I expected it to hover around the 70/100 mark

scores are overlbloated due to early embargo. A ton of reviews list a lot of negatives then slap a 10/10 or 9/10 score. It's ridiculous. Its like they fear of being blacklisted by Sony

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having now seen a few 4K gameplay vids, my resolve is starting to weaken.

It's a very, very pretty game.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@frytup: Yeah, it's a shame that the Fox engine is being held hostage by Konami but the Decima engine looks better, even if it isnt as well optimized. (knowing nothing about engines, i'm just impressed that the Fox engine hit 60fps on consoles and even worked at all on last generation hardware)

Also, I see Jeff has changed the background image of Death Stranding to Monster Energy drinks, at least theres something in the game he likes.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By sweetz

I want to play it, but I don't want to pay $60.

However, I'm worried that if I wait for it to go on sale and come to it late, the asynchronous multiplayer parts will be a problem.

I.e. either the world will be already so overpopulated by stuff as to make it seems like there's nothing to be done and ruin the feeling you get from seeing the world built up. Or, because the stuff degrades, I'll get to a world with nothing built and no sense of community because no one is playing it anymore.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@sweetz: I worry about that, in general. I think there’s awesome potential in a shared world that changes based on what others are doing, but I think it’s more academically interesting than a net positive for players.

I get that it ties into the theme of the game, but even if you could make the world changes private, so that as you and some friends played, you’d see the changes, I think I’d prefer that to something wider scale.

I just don’t like feeling like I need to play at launch, or at a certain time of day, to get the right experience. I play games when I can, so even something as dumb as daily quests leave a bad taste in my mouth (thanks, Destiny).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.