Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Defiance

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Apr 02, 2013

Defiance is a free-to-play MMO-shooter that coincides with events in a television series of the same name, depicting humans and aliens working together on a ravaged, mutated Earth. The game is multi-platform, but does not support cross-platform play.

Why am I not hearing much about this game? (multiplayer Q)

superfiasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By superfiasco

<p>I just heard of this game and am doing a little research into it. Overall it sounds really cool. I am generally not hearing any hype over this game. I was just wondering if there was anyone pumped for this game or will this just get lost in the pack?</p><p>One thing I cant seem to find out is how coop works. Can I play through this game like borderlands with some of my friends exploring and jumping in and out the events/death match stuff we may come across. Or can we only play together in "coop sections only"?</p>

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jdh5153

?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@superfiasco: I assume at some point in the process of making this topic, you accidentally reset what forum this was attached to. So instead of being with a specific game, it's in "General Discussion". You can click "Full Edit" to change the forum attachment.

So I have no idea what game you're referring to, and your entire post is just vague enough that it could be about nearly any game with co-op in it.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@superfiasco: Frankly this is the first I'm hearing of it...

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

God of War?

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It wasn't as good as that other game.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Arabes

@benspyda: Oh you mean the one where you're friends with the guy, but then it turns out he's a baddy, and you have to fight him? Ya, I love that one.

superfiasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By superfiasco

Yeah sorry when i did an edit it kicked it out of the defiance game forum. Ive made the correction.

Hiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, I just got an email from Twitch saying I can get in the beta now as long as I promise to stream it. I'm not sure that I care? The monster design seems kind of dumb and I'm not sure I've seen scyfy produce anything I'd want to be associated with since MST3K.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah it seems like it's just a tie-in with that shitty looking SyFy show. a 50 or 60 dollar tie-in.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By jaycrockett

I'm sort of becoming interested in this, as I'm thinking about what co-op game to play with my dad after we finish Halo 4 Spartan Ops. However, SyFy shows are generally terrible, and the lack of press about this game doesn't seem promising.

cutevexatious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of my friends are super hyped about this game and I'm having a really hard time seeing why. I was invited to the first wave of beta on the pc and while it was fun, after the 5th hour it still wasn't pulling me in. Story missions seemed slightly interesting but still the same generic outline, while sidequests were even more depressing. Third person/First person shooter MMO sounded great, but I just really feel this game is lacking something.. and I can't put my finger on it.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#13  Edited By MightyDuck

I find myself intrigued by this. I've never played an MMO and the SciFi look seems sort of neat. Not sure whether or not to bite the bullet and jump in.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm playing the xbox 360 beta and it runs like shit.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

@nilazz: Despite the running issues, can you see the potential of a decent game buried in there or is there just too much to overcome to be worth it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.