Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demigod

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 14, 2009

Developed by Gas Powered Games for the PC, Demigod is a real-time strategy, action role-playing game hybrid. The game draws heavily from Defense of the Ancients, the custom map scenario for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

Is Demigod a good RTS for noobs and more casual RTS players?

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I've always been a bit overwhelmed when it comes to RTS games, is Demigod any good for a casual RTS player?

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kitsune_conundrum

if its anything like DOTA, it depends on how sadistic the other players are. But yeah, it scales fairly well I believe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kitsune_conundrum said:
    " if its anything like DOTA, it depends on how sadistic the other players are. But yeah, it scales fairly well I believe. "
    ahh ok cuz I get really confused when I have to start controlling multiple units all over the map, I tend to loose track of things XD
    cdstacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By cdstacker

I'd say no, there is no singleplayer mode besides skirmish and the multiplayer crowd is pretty ruthless. I would go with Dawn of War 2, the singleplayer is excellent, approachable and I think worth the purchase alone. The singleplayer is also very different to most rts, playing almost like a tactics/diablo style game. The multiplayer is more traditional rts gameplay but everyone only has one building which they upgrade and all the resources are gained through fighting over land, bascially the multiplayer is focused on the combat over stuff like resource managment.

Sins of a solar empire is also excellent and slower placed compared to a lot of RTS games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdstacker said:
    " I'd say no, there is no singleplayer mode besides skirmish and the multiplayer crowd is pretty ruthless. I would go with Dawn of War 2, the singleplayer is excellent, approachable and I think worth the purchase alone. The singleplayer is also very different to most rts, playing almost like a tactics/diablo style game. The multiplayer is more traditional rts gameplay but everyone only has one building which they upgrade and all the resources are gained through fighting over land, bascially the multiplayer is focused on the combat over stuff like resource managment.Sins of a solar empire is also excellent and slower placed compared to a lot of RTS games. "
    haha I tried the Dawn Of War Demo....lets just say I was a bit overwhelmed with that game.....maybe RTS games just arnt for me? XD
    leeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By leeto

Well, Demigod isn't a full-on RTS in my opinion. You pretty much control one unit the whole time (unless you're a general-type hero and have your little minions), so in that respect I'd say it's more manageable than more traditional RTS games. 

On a tangent, the RTS i always reccomend to friends that don't really play RTS is Red Alert 2. I haven't played 3 yet, but I always found RA2 to be fairly straightforward and a fun entrance to the genre.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leeto said:
    " Well, Demigod isn't a full-on RTS in my opinion. You pretty much control one unit the whole time (unless you're a general-type hero and have your little minions), so in that respect I'd say it's more manageable than more traditional RTS games. 

On a tangent, the RTS i always reccomend to friends that don't really play RTS is Red Alert 2. I haven't played 3 yet, but I always found RA2 to be fairly straightforward and a fun entrance to the genre.
    "
    Okie dokie I'll be sure to check out the Red Alert game, I think they have a demo of it online so ill be sure to check it out ^^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.