Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon Gaze

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 24, 2013

Dungeon crawler RPG for the PS Vita by Experience, Inc.

Super excited for Demon Gaze, is anyone else?

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It's been a while since I've gone in deep on a dungeon crawl, so I'm really looking forward to Demon Gaze. It looks like it has a nice mix of anime character designs and conventional dungeon crawling mechanics, and word is it's no cakewalk either. I've even been taking a look at Japanese wikis in order to be ready for as much as I can in this game. Anyone else hyped?

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bsstephan: Well not really ... I like the designs and all but never been a fan of dungeon crawlers , mainly because the tend to have less animations and I like seeing the main characters animate etc. A bit silly but I just cant get beyond that hump. Also I dont have a Vita so no go as for now , would reallly like to seee more vids etc. in case I get a Vita and if the games is really cool could be my first dungeon crawler (well we should all at least try a game of certain genre at least once right?)

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Hmmm, not necessarily excited, but definitely interested. I love dungeon crawlers, but am not a fan of the artstyle at all and this is coming from someone who loves anime.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I might bite if the character customization is anywhere near Etrian Odyssey levels and the enemies aren't total pushovers, nothing is more boring than navigating a maze filled with encounters you just mash a button to get through.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, there's nothing really wrong with not liking the still portraits for everything, but in defense of the lack of animation, it does tend to make the combats quick. And let's be honest here, these games are generally not gigantic earners, so it helps that they can be done on a tighter budget. I loved the first Etrian Odyssey more than anything and did everything in it, but didn't get that deep into the rest of the series. I've put time aside for Demon Gaze though.

As for the character customization, the game starts with some canned characters, but you can build your own out of five races and seven classes. (The main character is his own class.) Maybe I should start poking at the wiki here and there.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6 fisk0  Moderator

Saw it in a store today, looks kinda Wizardry-like (especially the Japanese Wizardry games), I may pick this up, though it was a bit pricy right now.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Loading Video...

MEOWCH!

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Had they used a dialogue wheel instead I could've mistaken that for Mass Effect.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's out in Europe tomorrow, I'm thinking of getting it but I might wait a bit. Will get it eventually though.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@ervonymous: Totally it would have been just like that scene in Mass Effect 3 where you catch Wrex sniffing Liara's panties.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By hollitz
    Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Sounds like Fetch from Dust: An Elysian Tail

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

It is one of the games on my list of JRPG's I want. I made a list and it was 14 games on the VIta and PS3 and then I already have a lot of JRPG's for those systems. I am pretty happy with the amount of games still coming out on PS3.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard it's super fanservicey. If it is then I'm staying as far away from it as I can. Hate that shit.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#15  Edited By InfiniteSpark

My Limited Edition copy arrived in the mail today. Etrian Odyssey 4 was my gateway with dungeon crawlers last year and hope Demon Gaze mostly has similar gameplay elements as EO. It seemed like it when I was screenshots and trailers for it.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing while I can find the time since my LE arrived on Tuesday and yeah, it's been pretty great. It plays a bit differently than an EO game (it is more Wizardry style), but I think at a high level you'll enjoy it if you enjoyed EO4.

It is definitely not a forgiving game, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.