Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Buy the US version when I have the JP version (but havnt played)

rbanke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By rbanke

So I imported Demon's Souls before the US version was announced but then for some reason never played past 1-1. I wanted to but every time I was about to put some time into it, I decided to put it off because I heard a patch was coming, then the US version was coming, etc. Anyway, all this Dark Souls talk is making me want to play Demon's Souls. I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's a better idea to just pick up the US version since its pretty cheap now and iirc the JP & US versions are incompatible (use separate servers) or should I just play the Japanese version.

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JayDee

i dont know.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SuperWristBands

You should be good with the Japanese version. I didn't even play Demon's Souls online because I had heard that it gives world tendencies an average of all players and I didn't want the average to become lower (ie. Not white).

Though, it sounds like your question is based entirely on the online portion. If you have friends with the NA version that would want to help you (or just go through the game along side you) then it might be beneficial to get the NA version. Remember there is no communication in Demon's Souls other than messages, so if you can read Japanese and have no friends who are playing, I can't see any reason to get the NA version.

rbanke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By rbanke

@SuperWristBands said:

You should be good with the Japanese version. I didn't even play Demon's Souls online because I had heard that it gives world tendencies an average of all players and I didn't want the average to become lower (ie. Not white).

Though, it sounds like your question is based entirely on the online portion. If you have friends with the NA version that would want to help you (or just go through the game along side you) then it might be beneficial to get the NA version. Remember there is no communication in Demon's Souls other than messages, so if you can read Japanese and have no friends who are playing, I can't see any reason to get the NA version.

Did you feel like you missed out by not having people jumping into your game? (although if the JP servers are still up i guess that would still happen, but i'm not sure if they are or not). I can't read Japanese, but i think I remember the messages being english anyway when I did play it. Having spelled this all out, it now seems like there isnt a reason to get the US one.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SuperWristBands

@rbanke said:

@SuperWristBands said:

Did you feel like you missed out by not having people jumping into your game? (although if the JP servers are still up i guess that would still happen, but i'm not sure if they are or not). I can't read Japanese, but i think I remember the messages being english anyway when I did play it. Having spelled this all out, it now seems like there isnt a reason to get the US one.

I don't feel I missed out. Heck, when I first tried the game back when it came out (and I had no idea what to do or how to do most things), all the multiplayer I ever really experienced was being invaded countless times by black phantoms and it was always at terrible times, so when I picked the game back up a few months ago, I only played offline until I had finished the game. When I did try to do some online (help people kill bosses to get my body back so I could suicide making the worlds darker) I was getting maybe one invite every 40 minutes and you can't move to far from your summon sign or it disappears, so I ended up waiting around for a long time and didn't really get much out of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.