Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Disappearing merchants?

squall098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By squall098

For some reason on my first play through, Patches decided to disappear without a trace along with the dirty man of 2-1 and 2-2.  I did not kill either of them.  I was baffled, but beat the game without their assistance.  I am now on my 2nd play through and I decide I'm going to go upgrade some weapons at blacksmith Ed.  I know I never laid a finger on the man yet he's decided to skidaddle.  The dirty man is still there with his ore shards though.  What the heck is going on here?  I've tried leaving the world and re-entering to with no results.  Is there anyway I can lure that bitter old man back so he can forge me some weapons?  Has anyone experienced something similar?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I dunno i've noticed some characters dissapearing too as the story went on. The NPC blue phantom dissapeared and the merchants that went over to the nexus didn't last too long their either. Notta clue as where they go though =S
    yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By yyZiggurat
    The Dirty Man vanished in my NG+.  I thought it might have had something to do with me going from pure black to pure white WT but it must be a glitch.  This isn't the first time a character disappears from the game, Ostrava glitches out of many player's games.

@Abyssfull said:
    " The NPC blue phantom dissapeared "
    He is supposed to leave if you keep talking to him.  Notice how the more you talk to him, the more he forgets who he was.  My guess is that's what happens if you stay in the Nexus and don't kill demons; he did say he gave up when you first meet him.
    Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Randolph

Did you rescue Yurt?  Because uhhhh...

squall098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By squall098

Backstabbed that guy off the tower first runthrough, backstabbed him and cut him up second run through.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.