Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Going to need a little bit of help.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I decided I am finally going to beat this game, the moving on to Dark Souls. I beat Dark Souls 2 earlier last year, which is pretty easy compared to this game. I started over with a new Character and blasted through the first three areas in the first world. Now I am stuck, not truly, but my strikes do almost no damage to anybody in this second world. I am looking to go for a tank-esque build. Here are my stats so far...

Soul lvl 20.
    Soldier
    Female
    Armor Plate (what I started with)
    Bastard Sword +3
    Cling Ring and Ring of Great Strength
    Vit 20

Int 9
    End 13
    Str 19
    Dex 11
    Mag 8
    Faith 10
    Luck 10

My plan is to level up Vit, Str and End. I am leveling up End every two times I level up Vit and Str. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The second world enemies are weak to piercing weapons, I think. Also, try different areas, it's not really ideal to go through all of level 1, then all of level 2 etc.

Also, magic is totally broken and overpowered in this game, if you want to try some of that.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, I did not know about the piercing weapons working so well there, I just flew through that area.

Tackchevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

The real demon's souls starts here

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd also suggest getting enough stats for the first rank of Soul Arrow (I forget what you need, sorry!). As it'll make some of the bosses a lot easier (should you struggle with any of the melee bosses).

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhadouken: yeah get yourself a winged spear (I think that's what it's called).

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Don't go through the areas in order, you are suppose to go back and forth between the different worlds. Most people do 1-1>1-2>4-1, so checking out world 4 might not be a bad idea for you. Also most enemies in world 2 are weak to magic and piercing, while many enemies in world 4 are weak to blunt weapons (including your bare fist).

I kind of like the open nature of the game, if you hit a spot that is boring or too hard, then you can just go somewhere else a lot of the time and tackle it later.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb: I got destroyed in 4-1 by the first enemy, good to know they're weak to Blunt weapons so I'm going back now. I beat the Armor Spider in 2-1 easily, got to the Flamelurker and had his ass at half health and lost track of my health.

I just started over again with a magician build, I'm already at where I was before in half the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.