Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

How many Souls does Tower Knight give?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've been messing around with Blue Phantoming and 1-2 seems like the most interesting area to do so; just trying to figure out what % of souls you get as a phantom and haven't killed plain old NG Tower Knight in like 2 years so my best guess is 12,500 souls (I received around 4100 for killing the boss with just a host and myself).

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Sterling

He drops 8500 souls upon beating him. And his souls gives you 4400 if consumed. You get half of what he drops for helping. So you got 4250.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@sterling: Ah, thank you sir. Actually it must've been impacted by World Tendency so this last time I got 3213 which I guess means white +2ish. And now 2000 roughly; diminishing returns? I will say that world tendency is close to pure white in every world; is it an event or just people refreshing their souls lineage successfully? Granted if you're playing a female character the best armor in the game is available right off the bat with pure white tendency; always a little odd.

Edit: It might actually be based off the rating you receive, which is a bit bizarre.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Karkarov

@fredchuckdave: World tendency is raised by killing bosses, resurrecting people in multiplayer (as in take a blue with you and kill the boss so they get their body back), killing black phantoms (npc or player), and by blueing yourself.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: Wasn't talking about how to change world tendency, the amount of souls granted is impacted by World Tendency thus I got like 10 different amounts of souls yesterday from 1-2 blue runs.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Sterling

Ya it is based on your rating by the host. I forgot about that. You get 50% if they don't bother with the rating system and just close the window. If they give you a perfect rating you get 100% I think. Its been so long since I summoned or was summoned in the game I totally forgot about that mechanic.

Also on WT, closer to pure white is less souls, easier to kill. Closer to pure black, more souls, harder to kill. From memory. I might have it reversed, should probably go look at the wiki.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@sterling: Ah, closing the window is the douchiest move. I did get S about 8 times and had different amounts for each of those runs as well; sort of baffling.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@sterling: No you have it right. White WT is lower souls because the game is consequently easier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.