Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

I think i hate this game

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MeierTheRed

You hate it, i love it it all equals out in the end.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Fr0Br0 said:
    " It goes back to the old feeling of believing you accomplished something when you beat a game. Nowadays, games are handed to you on a silver platter and are so easily beaten the topic of, "Oh, you beat that game? Cool. How did you get past..." are hardly ever heard of. I think going back to that style of community is very impressive in today's age and the things we can do with that (leaving notes for each other) is done pretty well. "
    you touched me.. really
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Turambar said:

"  The game is shoe horned into forcing you to play a certain way.  Those that fight against this type of game play will die.   "

Then that just sounds like a boring-ass game to me. I mean if there's one way to do everything... where's the fun in that? With other games, I like to be able to take different strategies and approach a given situation multiple ways. That's should be the appeal of a game, everyone can handle situations differently. Otherwise, yeah you could just watch the whole thing on youtube and have the same experience.  

Also making a game hard just for the sake of "oh games today are too easy" is kinda silly. It just artificially lengthens the game, stretching the content. And a game can be mad-hard, and still be fun, but I think in the present day, we should just consider a game with checkpoints that sparse plain bad design. There is no fun in doing an hour of work you already did, just because you made one mistake. Imagine you're writing a word document, and you make a spelling error, but the delete button erases the whole paragraph only. That's just retarded, and is basically what a game with shoddy checkpoints that like is doing. Just plop 'em before whatever battle they fucked up on. Seems simple to me.

I dunno Demons' Souls is a love-it-hate-it kinda game. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By CL60

I love it.

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@XII_Sniper said:
    " @Turambar said:

"  The game is shoe horned into forcing you to play a certain way.  Those that fight against this type of game play will die.   "

Then that just sounds like a boring-ass game to me. I mean if there's one way to do everything... where's the fun in that? With other games, I like to be able to take different strategies and approach a given situation multiple ways. That's should be the appeal of a game, everyone can handle situations differently. Otherwise, yeah you could just watch the whole thing on youtube and have the same experience.   Also making a game hard just for the sake of "oh games today are too easy" is kinda silly. It just artificially lengthens the game, stretching the content. And a game can be mad-hard, and still be fun, but I think in the present day, we should just consider a game with checkpoints that sparse plain bad design. There is no fun in doing an hour of work you already did, just because you made one mistake. Imagine you're writing a word document, and you make a spelling error, but the delete button erases the whole paragraph only. That's just retarded, and is basically what a game with shoddy checkpoints that like is doing. Just plop 'em before whatever battle they fucked up on. Seems simple to me. I dunno Demons' Souls is a love-it-hate-it kinda game.  "
    He means theres a style of playing the game. You don't come into this saying 'Oh, I'm good at X game so this should be cake' and play it like X game. You say 'I'm going to play this like it's Demon's Souls'. 

You don't play this like it's some RPG-Beat-Em-Up. That's what he means. You need to go into this game with a mind that's willing to learn a new play style. I don't think there's any other game out there that can truly prepare you for the way Demon's Souls works.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By dbz1995

Demon's Souls is like going on a boat against severe rapids on an ironing board. Either you go with the rapids, or you fight against them and get raped.

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

I'm resurrecting this topic from the dead because I've learned to love the souls series and am finally going back to Demons Souls to play it blind.

Have killed about 5 bosses and having a great time watching the Breaking Brad playthrough as I go through the game.

Like most people said it's all about patience and tactics. Very rewarding.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#58 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@spudbug: It's cool you went back to it, and glad you ended up liking it. I have to say, I had a similar experience with Demon's Souls in that I didn't care for it when I first played it, later on I went back to it after beating Dark Souls and quite enjoyed it.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Decided to finally devote some time to this after picking it up recently. I'd played a little bit of Dark Souls but figured it'd make more sense to go through its predecessor after liking what I played. Now, I walked into it expecting a cult classic different to Dark Souls and I'm happy that its effectively the same game in a different setting with a few tweaks in structure.

Playing this mostly blind with no guides. As for the style of play, the way you utilise stamina dictates how you'll go through the game. I initially started insisting I be a little less shield happy which went out the window as soon as archers turned up. So you need patience and, with guys like the knights, you need to discipline yourself not to get greedy. That said, I've got moon grass for days, son.

Undead and loving it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Locked; necroed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.