Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

You Revived - Demon's Souls servers extended past May

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By benjaebe
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB
    "unnamed developments"

PC version of Demon's Souls confirmed!

They're just extending it until the release date.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@AndrewB said:

"unnamed developments"

PC version of Demon's Souls confirmed!

They're just extending it until the release date.

That's never going to happen.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

@xaLieNxGrEyx: Sorry, can't see what you just typed because I'm keeping my eyes shut. Can't wait for that PC release, though!

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@AndrewB:

enjoy the wait

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Three0neFive

This constant back-and-forth is tearing me apart! This is, like, the third time this has happened now... D:

They should start a Kickstarter to help fund the servers. That'd be the first time I actually donate to one of those.

illegalnull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By illegalnull

This is awesome news. Been co-oping a full playthrough over the last month with a friend to experience it all over again, and going back is so much fun. Its interesting going back after playing so much Dark Souls, the combat definitely has a different feel to it, its almost a bit faster in Demon's Souls. Anyways, the 31st deadline forced us to play which was great because we probably would've put it off and not bothered. But now they will probably give us another deadline in the next year and it'll bring me back again, such a great game!

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#8  Edited By Brackynews

@benjaebe: You can get 100% of the trophies offline of course. It's just made much easier with PWWT / PBWT events. Speaking of which it's STILL white tendency. Hope they're at black this weekend. I haven't done co-op much, and I certainly haven't been trading items online.

@illegalnull: It is nuts how fearless I am now that I've (nearly) finished both games. Took both my NG+ and NG character and hoofed it to the Tower Knight and wasted him. Amazing feeling. Still it doesn't change the two fundamental rules of Souls games: 1) You can kill any one thing. 2) Any two things can kill you.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

@AndrewB:

enjoy the wait

You say that, and yet someplace like GOG was able to get Microsoft Studios to let them release DRM-free versions of Alan Wake and American Nightmare...

If that type of crazy and impossible shit can happen, then I don't see why a Demon's Souls PC port couldn't happen. Because of Sony? Please. They'd love to get some more money out of an old IP, and with the fever pitch around Dark Souls PC (despite it's GWL bullshit), they'd probably get a little more than they expected.

All hypothesis, of course.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spoonman671

Has Patrick played this game yet?  For somebody who likes horror games, it would be ashamed if he never got to (properly) play the best horror game of the generation because the servers got shut down.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@jakob187:

And again, enjoy the wait.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#12  Edited By Brackynews

@Spoonman671: ... It's a horror game? 80 hours later and I've never thought about it... even now that I think of similarities to Eternal Darkness... nope, never thought about it that way.

This is probably not the best thread for this question, but can someone reading this go and attempt the Stockpile Thomas glitch? I am 99% certain the ability to press Start to dismiss the Nexus prompt has been stealth patched out.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
    deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

This is great news, as I can summon someone to help with with the final boss. This is starting to cause me an aneurysm.

KingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By KingX

@Brackynews said:

@Spoonman671: ... It's a horror game? 80 hours later and I've never thought about it... even now that I think of similarities to Eternal Darkness... nope, never thought about it that way.

This is probably not the best thread for this question, but can someone reading this go and attempt the Stockpile Thomas glitch? I am 99% certain the ability to press Start to dismiss the Nexus prompt has been stealth patched out.

It still works

elessarLOTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By elessarLOTR

This seems to happen every couple months with the servers. The only thing keeping them alive is renewed interest due to dark souls. Also the trophies are insanely easy to get due to an infinite souls cheat I Discovered during NG++.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@benjaebe: Why would it effect the trophies?

@elessarLOTR: If you're at NG++ It wouldn't take very long to finish regardless. Also Flamelurker is aggravated at your decision, cheese Maneater all you like but Flamelurker deserves to kill you several times a playthrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.