Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Descent

Franchise »

The Descent games are 3D first-person shooters. Unlike other FPSs, they offer six degrees of freedom. This allows for movement and rotation along the X,Y, and Z axes.

Descent: Underground being crowdfunded

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By selbie

Kickstarter link

Not sure how I feel about the direction it's going but they are giving it a shot at least.

I know Klepek wasn't so interested about the multiplayer focus but they have stated it is going to have single player gameplay as well.

FWIW this is being developed by some of the people who left Star Citizen to work on this project so they already have 2 full years of experience from SC.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 days to go and it's not looking too bright. They seem to be counting too much on the "final push" that most projects have at the end.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3 fisk0  Moderator

Sadly their SC inspired focus on a bunch of different ships you can buy is making me wary of pitching in anything above the bare minimum to get a copy.

There are other off-brand Descent revivals that seem to go after the stuff I'm interested in from that series, like Geocore (which I think got the people who were working on that UE3 Descent remake that got cease-and-desisted last year).

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah these guys were too fresh from SC and they constantly keep referring to that game as if some of the Chris Roberts magic will rub off. They showed zero gameplay at the start when Descent is all about intense corridor gameplay and people seem to be more suspicious than excited.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.