Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

Anyone get randomly banned? (PC)

• 60 results
    Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Zurv

@altf4_for_colors said:

@zurv: You should try getting back in .

Update: As part of our ban review process, we have identified a group of players who were banned in error. Those players have been unbanned. The bans were not related to the third-party applications listed above. We will continue to review the process we use to ensure a fun and fair game.

Thanks for the update sir!! I'm an unbanned now. This is still crazy a process.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Tennmuerti

Meanwhile the Bungie PC support forum is still full of people reporting getting banned out of the blue.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Meanwhile the Bungie PC support forum is still full of people reporting getting banned out of the blue.

The problem with bungie's lack of transparency is we will never have a clue who is getting banned for legit reasons or why. We know they banned people they shouldn't have already, but still no actual explanation. So most of the complainers can be legit or they can be bullshitting we have no clue at all, which likely makes anybody on the fence (like me) about ever getting the game want to stay away from it.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@oursin_360: It's definitely something they need to fix, but in all reality I think we've only had 2 players effected in our Community (Zury and Mike's friend) of just shy of about 700 players (that's just the number we currently have in GB PC Clans) right now on PC. That's a 0.2% chance you will be unlucky enough to be a part of these erroneous bans. It's not something I would be refraining from buying the game because of. While it is really awful for those unlucky 0.2%ers, most of them were unbanned within 24hours, and I assume the same will be said for others this happens to until they fix the issue.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amuller said:

Wish the game could go long enough without crashing for me to get banned.

Turn off SSAO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2498541f436
    deactivated-5a2498541f436

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casepb: Settled for turning Refund on (have tried that, and every other workaround listed so far- would rather put the 60 bucks towards something else).

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the people who got their bans overturned, has Bungie said what your bans were for exactly?

I could see publicly stating what triggers Bungie's cheat detection as a security risk. But at the same time, I don't like being left in a dark about situations where people are being illegitimately banned. Even a statement saying they've corrected their flagging and reviewing procedures to prevent these false positives in the future would be helpful.

Brittinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@tuxedocruise: They won't say what triggered it. They don't want potential cheaters to know what to look for as a work around the system. Here is what they did say: "Update: As part of our ban review process, we have identified a group of players who were banned in error. Those players have been unbanned. The bans were not related to the third-party applications listed above. We will continue to review the process we use to ensure a fun and fair game."

Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46426

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So im reading that the number of bans was actually pretty low and most of the few hundred that got banned were legit using cheat software? It seems like they only reversed a grand total of 4 bans that seemed to be a mistake.

Is it this another example of cheaters being liars or is my information wrong?

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@bradbrains: They updated after that and revoked the Ban on a lot more players. Not sure if it was part of the 400, or those 400 were legit, but a lot of the more innocent sounding players were unbanned like OP.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

For the people who got their bans overturned, has Bungie said what your bans were for exactly?

I could see publicly stating what triggers Bungie's cheat detection as a security risk. But at the same time, I don't like being left in a dark about situations where people are being illegitimately banned. Even a statement saying they've corrected their flagging and reviewing procedures to prevent these false positives in the future would be helpful.

They didn't say jack. Not why there was a ban or anything saying the ban was lifted. The crazy part is everyone i was planning to play with.. already hit 20 (most of them in one long game play. ie, after work to late in the night) and are now SUPER bored with the game. Hell, I even called by buddy that is between jobs... "nah, i'm "done. Didn't we finish the game already? Doing the same thing over and over is boring."

I'm 20 and about 240 power and also super bored. Am i missing something? that story was SUPER lite and stunningly bad/boring/pointless. The game was very ez. I did some strikes... am i missing something? Where is the "game" :)

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By OpusOfTheMagnum

@oursin_360: Bungie is pretty good at dealing with this stuff. Considering the sheer number of players their systems have handled, it’s amazing it has taken this long to have something go wrong with this part of the product. I trust Bungie on this stuff because I’ve seen enough about how they handle bans and the like. They can’t really come out and say what is triggering their anti cheat stuff because it might help crack said security. And I would assume they waited until the problem was solved before they unbanned folks.

I’m sure a lot of people are still claiming to be banned but trusting strangers on the internet vs a studio with over a decade of experience in this sort of stuff is probably not the best move. Either way they are aware of the issue and have most likely solved it at this point. If not it shouldn’t take long.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.