Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

Curse of Osiris and Warmind Included With All Forsaken Purchases

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Hestilllives19

Yesterday on the TWAB, Bungie announced that as of October 16th, or next Tuesday (I'm assuming very likely at the 10am Pacific reset), Destiny 2 Forsaken purchases will now include Curse of Osiris and Warmind. This effectively makes sales of the Destiny 2: Forsaken Legendary Collection useless unless players do not own Destiny 2 vanilla. Players, either via Playstation Plus, or who just purchased the game last year, can now just buy Forsaken for $39.99, rather than the $59.99 Legendary Collection. I have already noted this change on the Information and Leveling Guide, but I feel like this is pretty major news in need of it's own post since this is such a major departure in how Bungie/Activision have sold Destiny DLC's in the past.

Players who already own Forsaken, prior to October 16th, are going to be receiving an Emblem, Shader, some free consumables, and 2 Exotic Emotes sometime in early December (very likely at the launch of Black Armory).

No Caption Provided

For any players that do decide to jump back into Destiny 2 for Forsaken after October 16th, feel free to utilize the Information and Leveling Guide above. There is a lot of good info there for returning players.

Newfangled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Newfangled

'We've gotten all the whales we can, and sales have dropped off, so let's lower the price and wrap it in ye olde 'older and wider' apology to tempt a few more consumers in...'

“What about us?” we can hear everyone who has already purchased Forsaken asking. You’re our Vanguard. We appreciate you beginning the hunt on day one. You were there when the first raid finish changed the Dreaming City. You’ve been part of the conversation that has breathed enthusiasm back into the Tower. For you, and only the players like you, we have a collection of veteran’s rewards as an expression of our appreciation for being on the frontlines.

'...Also, give the RRP-ers some emotes, shaders and cosmetic crap to make nice.'

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@newfangled: Eheh, yeah... yeah. This won't get me back in, but it's a better deal, so that's nice.

I thought time away from Destiny 2 would work me up on wanting to eventually dive back in for Forsaken, but I find myself leaning more and more towards just being done with Destiny period. Destiny 3 would have to be some real hot shit to bring me back.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a bad move. Having to buy all the DLC was the primary reason I didn’t upgrade to Forsaken. Of course, now it’s October and I have enough video games to last me until mid-2019, so they missed their window, but...

justiceface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah that would have been great to know before dropping $10 on the expansions during the last PSN sale. Even when I try to get pulled back in they find a way to annoy me and make me stop playing.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6  Edited By Humanity

It’s a real cool deal for people wanting to get back in but bucking up against that ridiculous wall of needing to own two expansions that have little to do with Forsaken. It’s a real raw deal for people that shelled out the cash prior to this announcement and are now getting shaders as compensation. Those people should seriously get some hyper unique limited edition legendary gear to show their elite “vanguard” early adopter status.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Well I think I speak for many when I say: "Son of a bitch."

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, I bought the expansion pass and Forsaken last week during the PSN sale. If Forsaken hadn't been a marked improvement over the original game, I would've felt more annoyed by this. I agree with @humanity: give me at least a powerful engram, not necessarily a super exclusive thing. Shaders, emotes, and especially the tokens aren't very meaningful.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can understand the frustration from players like @militantfreudian, @justiceface, etc. But keep in mind this is a pretty big departure from what they've been doing in the past and goes along with some of the changes Bungie has been making over the past year like allowing all DLC PvP maps to be available to all players at all times in Crucible, and to be only exclusive in Private Matches. Hopefully this type of change isn't a one and done thing, and it continues into the future on major expansion drops.

I know it's not the same whiplash feeling players who just got back into Destiny by purchasing the Legendary Collection or a PSN sale are feeling about this change, but the promotion items are fine and I don't really expect much more. The Emotes are the only worthwhile thing there, the rest is trash. The Emotes, if you look at them from a currency perspective of trying to buy them from Eververse, they have a value of around $5 each roughly, so you are talking roughly $10 in free stuff for everyone. That's fine I guess. Hopefully the Knife Trick is cool. I'm not sure what else they could do, you don't want to give away Power, so Legendary actual Loot is out. Honestly, maybe an announcement that the Festival of the Lost Quest leads to an Exotic (many think Thunderlord based on leaks) and that players purchasing the game after 10/16 would likely not have time to complete it would smooth things over a bit more, something I truly thing is going to happen. We will see though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.