Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

Destiny 2 fails

• 65 results
    pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jesus_phish: but they're also releasing live events and acting like we're suppose to care about them. That stuff is boring and pointless. I'm not here expecting a game you can play forever but maybe a game you can play longer than I've played rise of iron, the Destiny 1 DLC I've played the least, would be a nice start.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Live events that they leave running long enough for you to get what you want out of it and move on. Which again, fits in with their plan of having people come back and leave in waves as opposed to trying to make you play this and nothing but this for the rest of the year.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so glad I didn't buy Destiny 2. After the first game I just didn't trust them to actually make the game I wanted.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'm reading the new Game Informer Season One Report Card and wow does it really hit the nail on the head across the board about Destiny 2. For those PC players now weary about buying Destiny 2, you might want to read this article. It really speaks to a lot of what many of us have been saying here. Destiny is a pretty great game for the first 100 hours, and that time pretty much includes doing everything you could want to do with the game, on multiple characters. But where Destiny 2 kind of breaks down, at least in comparison to Destiny 1 post House of Wolves in Year 1 really, is that post 100 hour mark. But the vast majority of players will easily get their monies worth from that first 100 hours. It's just that Destiny kind of spoiled some of us with a bit of a never ending game, and we expected a similar experience here, and therein lies the frustration.

Avatar image for bigdaddygamebot
    bigdaddygamebot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I definitely hit a hard wall with Destiny 2. The lack of any sort of compelling gear both appearance-wise and function really kills it for me.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a reall funny thread. People seem to forget Destiny 1 wasn't all there at launch either.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndrom: Yeah, but Destiny is something really hard to compare Destiny 2 to Vanilla Destiny. Bungie have literally had 3 full years of Dev time to understand their universe and what their customers want. And to be honesty over time, especially the past 18 months with Destiny, they really started hitting their stride with it and pretty consistently making fans happy. So Destiny 2 coming out and being a bit of a mess in places similar to Vanilla Destiny is just strange and confusing.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndrom: Yeah, but Destiny is something really hard to compare Destiny 2 to Vanilla Destiny. Bungie have literally had 3 full years of Dev time to understand their universe and what their customers want. And to be honesty over time, especially the past 18 months with Destiny, they really started hitting their stride with it and pretty consistently making fans happy. So Destiny 2 coming out and being a bit of a mess in places similar to Vanilla Destiny is just strange and confusing.

sure i get some of the complaints. but seeing people being so negative about a game they have played 60-100 hours is kind of weird, that's a decent bang for your buck in my book.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By pyrodactyl

@jesus_phish: which would be fine if these events weren't so boring and pointless

DarlingDixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DarlingDixie

In our little Discord of decade long friends the hype has dissipated for this game (PC launch). I was hoping they would have more content, it feels like the first game all over again.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndrom: was it really too much to ask for Destiny 2 to be all there at launch? I've cut Bungie a lot of slack for the last 3 years and I'm officially out of patience. If the December DLC doesn't address these concerns they can fuck right off.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndrom: was it really too much to ask for Destiny 2 to be all there at launch? I've cut Bungie a lot of slack for the last 3 years and I'm officially out of patience. If the December DLC doesn't address these concerns they can fuck right off.

sure man, don't be so mad, it's just a game after all.

kill3r7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destiny 2 is a pretty darn good game, especially if played with friends. That said, it is not without its flaws. It lacks meaningful end game content. Bungie over-corrected, so instead of the D1 vanilla experience where you were doing the raid over and over again in hopes of RNG gods blessing you with the necessary gear to reach level 28 and then eventually 30 on hard. You are now doing the raid over and over again with your friends to just pass the time. The weapons and armor from the raid are pretty boring as well compared to VoG.

PVP on the other hand is an absolute mess. Personally I am not fond of the four man teams as it requires us to either pick up a random or kick out two people from our group. IB has been rendered meaningless and the idea of trading in tokens for random loot is not what most people play Destiny for, something that Bungie has admitted to fixing moving forward.

At this point there is little on the horizon to look forward to until the first DLC drops.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Really Pyro? Since when have you cut Bungie any slack, ever, since Day 1. You've always grumbled about every single decision they've made. And I say that as a friend, who hilariously enjoys your Voice Chat rants about Bungie, which usually aren't too far off base, but I would never say you've ever "cut Bungie a lot of slack". You've been on the cusp of quiting Destiny since the day I met you 3+ years ago.

@syndrom: And I totally get that sentiment. I think that Game Informer article I linked earlier does a great job of speaking to that. I'd say that first 100 hours is pretty great and might be just behind Horizon: Zero Dawn for me for this year. The problem is the absolute cliff that sets in after you hit that 100 hour mark, and all of Destiny 2's problems start shining like a diamond in a donkey's... you know donkey. It's really sad that there are so many new PC players here who see talk like this and are just completely turned off by the series, because that first 100 hours truly is pretty great and your first run or two through a Prestige Nightfall and Raid are some of the most enjoyable content in all of gaming right now, especially after accomplishing those activities, because most of the people here did really enjoy that first 100 hours like I know I did. But it definitely isn't the same Destiny that I and several of those complaining put 1,000, 1,500, and 2,000+ (just shy of 2,400 for me) hours into over the past 3 years and fell in love with. It just isn't deep enough to get that much time out of, and many of us, even players like me who consider themselves Sherpa's (Guide) are quickly losing or have already lost interest in Destiny 2. And that isn't really healthy for Bungie. So I think it's one thing to try and point out the game's flaws, in a hope that they fix those issues, and another thing entirely to do what much of Reddit has been doing lately by beating the dead horse to a pulpy mess and making thousand times upvoted threads calling for people like Deej (really, all he does is the job of a Community Manager, how could he in any way be responsible for anything at all) and Luke Smith to lose their jobs over it. And while things aren't great, they also aren't that dire right now, and people need to chillax a little, I totally agree.

Boniti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're looking for a fun rpg fps for about 30 hours, I think it's perfect. If you really like the shooting like I do, you keep going, but I think for the vast majority of players the "living, breathing" element isn't that important. Maybe it won't keep you past the first month, but it's still a lot of content for $60.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@syndrom said:
    @hestilllives19 said:

sure i get some of the complaints. but seeing people being so negative about a game they have played 60-100 hours is kind of weird, that's a decent bang for your buck in my book.

I seem to enjoy it a lot more than the other dedicated people on these boards, but to be fair to them, time investment isn't the only metric of quality nor fun. You can walk away from games after 4 hours being very satisfied and you can keep checking in on games every update and still walk away unsatisfied after each of them.

@jesus_phish: which would be fine if these events weren't so boring and pointless

I really enjoyed Iron Banner actually, though I recognize it wasn't much of an event. I kind of liked Faction Rally though there wasn't much to it. I remember really liking The Dawning last time, so I'm excited to see what they're going to do with that.

I think I played two or three matches with you and those teams were not fun to compete against. If your matchmaking is always like that, then I suddenly understand where you are coming from.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: SBMM is extremely heavy even in Quickplay. I know you've played with MrRogers327. He's pretty darn good at Destiny 2. I was talking to him the other night and he read me off his Quickplay opponents over 6 matches in a row. Literally all of them had at least 1 3.0+ K/D player (not KA/D, K/D), and several had 2-3 of that caliber players... in Quickplay. And it's not just bad luck. I've felt the extreme pull of SBMM in Normal Crucible since Day 2. I'm pretty much only playing other top 1% players in Crucible now, it kind of sucks. I dropped a 7.0+ every game playing on my Bro-In-Law's account the other day. It seems to even be present in Trials pretty decently heavy this time too. Even playing completely stacked (I'm talking me as the worst player with a 2.25 KA/D, 2 3.0+ KA/D, and a 4.0+ KA/D player), we run into teams that give us trouble almost every game. We rarely run a card without at least 2 2.0 KA/D players per team and at least 1 of our 7 games is against a team as stacked as ours or worse (we've been dirty messaged so many times for beating top 1,000 players already, that part is kind of awesome, one game it was a friend of ours who is a top 2,500 player with 2 top 50's and another top 1,000, all but our friend cried so much when we won, they were very mad they lost to me and Rogers who had our Public Event and Nightfall Emblems on haha). I kind of wish Bungie would get off their high horse about it a bit, at least in Casual. And if Competitive has that strong of SBMM, we need Rankings to show why our Matchmaking is so hard. I want to know that Bungie thinks I'm a top Destiny PvP player, not just have to constantly play others without any kind of acknowledgement of it.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By pyrodactyl

@hestilllives19: I always thought they could turn it around. Each release brought a few improvements so I still bought all the content played it all and enjoyed most of it. Now I'm seriously considering not buying the December DLC. The only reason I would is if it's fantastic (it's not going to be) or I have nothing to play by then. Destiny 2 kind of broke the spell. I'm not really looking forward to new content anymore since it seems clear Bungie doesn't actually want to fix these problems that have been there for 3 years. Destiny 2 was the perfect chance to make good on that stuff and it very much does not. That basically means they'll never have decent live events or a meaty end game. They just gave up.

That's not even mentioning the sorry state of PvP right now. I use to love Destiny PvP man. Now that 50% of the game is absolutely worthless to me. It's a huge boring shore.

I went flawless once since launch and I don't care to even try anymore. We made a timid attempt at the prestige raid but I'm pretty sure we're not going to get through it. Me giving up on this content is a sign of the failure that is Destiny 2. Instead of making the game that would redeem the last 3 years of crap I complained about it's just a continuation of the same problems. I'm tired of complaining since now it's clear these problems are here to stay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.