Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

Destiny 2 Reveal Trailer 10AM PT / 6PM BST

• 57 results
    Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I was rolling my eyes at first but then one of the lines actually made me laugh, along with a subsequent one. So I can't deny that I found some of it funny. I'm open to any tone in games and Inhave no connection to Destiny franchise so they can try whatever the hell they want, for all I care. I just hope it's a good game overall.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Never shall I be burned by Destiny again.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people still expect games like this to be revealed with a 20 minute long gameplay demo? Yes, it's a cinematic trailer. Of course it is. Especially coming from Bungie, who tend to be fairly tight-lipped about their games, this is not a surprise at all. This is how they announce every damn game they make.

We will find out about the game over the next few months, I'm sure by the time E3 has passed we'll have much of the info we need to make a more informed decision about our individual hype levels.

I liked the trailer. I think that Destiny could use a bit of that Bungie goofiness. It was one of the things that helped Halo's campaigns (up until 343 took over) more unique and enjoyable for me. I don't need the first trailer to reveal the game's secrets.

@theveej said:

As a person who makes video game trailer I haaaaaaaaaaaated this. I mean I get it, they want to say they are changing the tone of the game; but that was not the biggest issue for me playing only 80 hours of Destiny 1 (which in Destiny terms is not even touching the amount of time the hardcore community put in that game) and hating myself for wasting my time with that game. If you have a new IP and you want to do a tone trailer I get it, not for a sequelfor a game that a lot of people had major issues with and felt burned by.........

Tell me why I should care about this as someone who was burned by the first game, cause if I want self referential humor I'll go watch deadpool again; its the same low rent crap that turned me off Borderlands in the long run.

My take - Destiny 2: GUYS WE GOT PHAT LOOT AND ITS FUNNY NOW

It's an announcement. No announcement trailer could have shown how they are making a better game. Sorry but it just wouldn't be a trailer at that point it would be an event. They have plenty of time to talk more about the game itself. E3 isn't THAT far away and Destiny is big enough to justify plenty of marketing about the game itself between now and then.

I hear you but this is Destiny and they have a lot of good will to earn back and you cant do that with a story trailer. Highlight more of what the game is doing different to earn back the people that feel burnt. No one cares about the story though I do think it helps that it isn't taking itself seriously it does nothing to convince people why they should care about destiny 2. I have no doubt that we will see more of it in the near future but I don't think showing "we have a sense of humor now" is the best foot forward.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@opusofthemagnum said:

Why do people still expect games like this to be revealed with a 20 minute long gameplay demo? Yes, it's a cinematic trailer. Of course it is. Especially coming from Bungie, who tend to be fairly tight-lipped about their games, this is not a surprise at all. This is how they announce every damn game they make.

We will find out about the game over the next few months, I'm sure by the time E3 has passed we'll have much of the info we need to make a more informed decision about our individual hype levels.

I liked the trailer. I think that Destiny could use a bit of that Bungie goofiness. It was one of the things that helped Halo's campaigns (up until 343 took over) more unique and enjoyable for me. I don't need the first trailer to reveal the game's secrets.

@theveej said:

As a person who makes video game trailer I haaaaaaaaaaaated this. I mean I get it, they want to say they are changing the tone of the game; but that was not the biggest issue for me playing only 80 hours of Destiny 1 (which in Destiny terms is not even touching the amount of time the hardcore community put in that game) and hating myself for wasting my time with that game. If you have a new IP and you want to do a tone trailer I get it, not for a sequelfor a game that a lot of people had major issues with and felt burned by.........

Tell me why I should care about this as someone who was burned by the first game, cause if I want self referential humor I'll go watch deadpool again; its the same low rent crap that turned me off Borderlands in the long run.

My take - Destiny 2: GUYS WE GOT PHAT LOOT AND ITS FUNNY NOW

It's an announcement. No announcement trailer could have shown how they are making a better game. Sorry but it just wouldn't be a trailer at that point it would be an event. They have plenty of time to talk more about the game itself. E3 isn't THAT far away and Destiny is big enough to justify plenty of marketing about the game itself between now and then.

I hear you but this is Destiny and they have a lot of good will to earn back and you cant do that with a story trailer. Highlight more of what the game is doing different to earn back the people that feel burnt. No one cares about the story though I do think it helps that it isn't taking itself seriously it does nothing to convince people why they should care about destiny 2. I have no doubt that we will see more of it in the near future but I don't think showing "we have a sense of humor now" is the best foot forward.

I mean, the only reason no one cares about the story is because it was garbage. The lack of coherent and interesting storytelling is one of the biggest criticisms of Destiny, so leading with something meant to showcase improvement to the story isn't totally crazy. Obviously story isn't the only issue people had with Destiny, but it is one of the near universal criticisms of the game.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@fatalbanana: Doesn't showing a teaser with known characters, dialogue and tone do that though? It says that story might come first this time around, which obviously means the content will likely be more akin to what people wanted with the first one. Obviously it's still all speculative because we haven't seen any actual game footage, but I didn't expect them to show that in a teaser or the first trailer anyways. That is obviously a big E3 reveal to build as much hype as possible for their September release date. (which people are just absolutely ignoring as a huge reveal from this trailer)

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cerberus3dog

I'm still trying to get around the friend issue playing Destiny. None of them wanted to play raids weekly. Going to LFG to get a crew together was a pain.

I enjoyed the trailer though. I'm optimistic about Destiny 2.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fatalbanana: Like I said, there isn't much they can do along what you want in an announcement trailer. They'll need to have a marketing campaign to achieve that, not a single trailer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.