Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

Getting past the 340-ish light level

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'd like to get up to 350 to hop into strikes, but I'm apparently at a bit of a wall with my Titan - most Legendaries are worth 340 and I have two legendaries equipped, but I'm not entirely sure how I should get those last ten Light levels. Do I just hop into the matchmade strikes (I don't really have time to sit around and form a group without guild chat being in-game) and hope that I'll get some drops that gets me up to power a bit? I'm stuck in the campaign apparently at some point where I have to run around headshotting enemies on Mars to power up some gun; I don't think I actually "finished" the campaign, but I sure don't seem to have any more campaign missions anywhere.

Any ideas on what to do next? Would the random strike playlist be OK? It says it recommends like 120 light, though, so I assume a lot of those are going to be pretty low-level.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Hestilllives19

@rorie: Quick questions like this will probably get a much quicker response from a bunch of us Vets over at the Destiny Discord, but I figure you probably didn't even know that existed, so just throwing that out there in case you have anything else like this in the future and wanted to hit that up.

But to actually answer your question, Warmind's softcap for all non-Powerful Gear is 340 (+5 with Legendary Mods, or 345). That includes all Rare drops, no matter where they come from, and any non-Powerful Legendaries or Exotics, including Quest Exotics. Here is the list of all Powerful Gear Activities and Rewards that can drop 340+ Gear.

• Flashpoint Milestone - Turn in at Cayde. (2x rewards)
    • Call to Arms Milestone - Turn in to Shaxx. (2x rewards)
    • Clan XP Milestone - Turn in to Hawthorne (currently bugged, leave until after reset, and pick up the week after). (2x rewards)
    • Nightfall Milestone - Drop within Nightfall, plus turn in to Zavala. (1+2x rewards)
    • Heroic Strikes Milestone - Turn in to Zavala after 3 Heroic Strikes, 350+ Power Recommended. (2x rewards)
    • Prestige Nightfall - Engram for finishing, 360+ Power Recommended.
    • Leviathan Raid - (5 Rewards + 1 possible for Challenge, + up to 2 Exotics from Keys)
    • Eater of Worlds Lair - (2 Rewards + 1 Possible Exotic)
    • Trials of the Nine - Rewards are based on wins at 3, 5, 7, and Flawless. (Flawless rewards are 3 Random Rewards, 1 Weapon choice, and 1 Armor choice, so 5 total)
    • Prestige Leviathan Raid - I highly recommend you be very experienced with Leviathan before attempting this, as I don't even try it much. (5 Rewards + 1 possible for Challenge)
    • Spire of Stars - I wouldn't recommend this until 370+ Power, my group isn't even doing it yet. (I think it's 3 Rewards, though not sure)
    • Escalation Protocol - After finishing Round 7 you get 1 Armor and a 10% chance at the Weapon, but I wouldn't recommend this unless 360+ Power and with 6+ people.
    • Random Legendary Weapon Quests - The guns from Curse at Brother Vance are Powerful Rewards.

I'm pretty sure that is all of the possible 340+ drops. They tend to be +5 Power per drop as well, so it will take about 2 drops to gain 1 Power Level. The grind is extremely slow, and slows down again past 370. If I think of any other possible Powerful Gear locations, I will add them. Heroic Strikes are tough, but doable at 345 Power, depending on the modifiers, and the normal Strike Playlist won't help you at all. Starting next week, a patch goes live that will make Heroic Strikes drop an up to 360 drop every 1 in 5 Strikes, but currently, outside of the Milestone, it will not help you get above 345 Power. I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need to know anything else.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Grind the Mile Stones for the powerful engrams.

340-345 power is the wall.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hestilllives19: @hmoney001: Thanks, I'll keep plugging away! Looking over the walkthrough I guess I actually did get through the campaign and I need to do this gun thing and charge up some drop to get to the actual endgame content, which seems...underwhelming. I guess I'll keep nabbing headshots, though.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hest i think covered it, but ill reiterate use your +5 mods if you have them. If not if you have any extra cash/glimmer or 3 of the same blue mods go to the gunsmith in the tower and buy some legendary armor and gun mods and equip them. The level of "powerful gear" drops are based on the highest possible level of your best gear loadout you currently have (even if its not currently equipped) i believe, so the more items you can push up with +5 mods immediately the faster you will earn even higher level gear from powerful gear drops.

And don't be afraid to infuse any exotics with a high light level, just always keep your highest level exotic so your highest loadout takes it into account. Since you can only equip one exotic at a time, you can infuse them with your regular gear now to boost your level, then buy them back from your vault later on when you can actually earn level cap gear and infuse them to the cap. But be aware that all exotics have a +5 mod on them, so remember that the actual light level is basically -5 if you are going to infuse it. I have made that mistake a few times not remembering and only getting +1 or 2 points out of it.

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have gone back to the Tower to talk to Zavala, then you've finished the campaign. It feels abrupt, but you've done the Big Thing so the exposition part is over, and now you're onto the grind.

To give a little insight for how it works (or at least how I've approached it) the grind is the time where you're trying stuff out - legionaries and exotics are the only loot that matters, because they have more/better perks and can be infused (feed something with higher light into them and they match it). There is no reason to use blue/green gear. Try all the guns, and remember the perks you like (Precision or Balanced or High Impact for general feel, things like Kill Clip for more specific effects). Armor doesn't matter beyond looks, since its all Mobility/Resilience/Recovery (apart from exotics). Doing the Lost Prophesy quests from Brother Vance on Mercury are a good way to grind out content while shooting for a specific goal that always ends in a gun you don't have yet, and they're mostly pretty good. Your 'shoot dudes in the head' quest is a Warmind version of those, but I'm not as familiar with those.

If you're just looking for legendaries in general, the gunsmith at the tower and all the planetary vendors only give legendary (and very rarely exotic) loot. Zavala and Ikora Ray also, but they use the currency from their specific activities.

I would definitely recommend the Giant Bomb discord, if for no other reason it has a populated PC-LFG. And you've got the celebrity status to back you up, so I don't think you would have any trouble at all getting a group together for anything you would like to do.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: also do not decrypt the powerful engram you get from the clan XP milestone. There's a bug that if you manually decrypt it, it will be lower then your current power level.

What you have to do is leave it in your inventory and wait for next weeks reset. It will automatically decrypt at the correct power.

Hopefully they fix this soon. It's real annoying.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@rorie: If you are talking about the Ikelos Hand Cannon Quest, yes, that is a slog. It's very long (there are 4 more parts after killing Cabal/Hive with Headshots), but it's one of the two Post Warmind Quest's (at least that we know of currently, some think there is one more but that hasn't been confirmed or denied yet). And for reference, I still haven't finished it, it's a decently long Quest, especially if (like me) you keep forgetting to equip the Ikelos Hand Cannon when you do the specified requirements, of which you always have to have that Ikelos HC equiped in your Energy Slot, so get comfortable with that gun. The end reward is very worth it though. For the other known Quest, players are only on step 3 of 5 this week, so nobody in the game has finished the Quest yet because it's timegated seemingly.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As Hestillives19 just said above the Ikelos HC quest is long and challenging but the reward is one of the best single-target weapons in the game. And it looks badass too!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.