Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

How necessary are the DLC for the early game?

Funkadoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey everyone!

I finally have the time to play Destiny 2!! I only have the base game, however, and have not played it yet. For early game content, are any of the DLC/Expansion/Annual Pass worth it?

I would like to see if I keep with the game before I buy the add-ons, but if I won’t get the best experience, then that might change my tune.

If this has been answered before, please point me in the direction of said thread!!

Playing solo if that makes a difference

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PeezMachine

Not at all. Each new expansion adds stuff at a light level around where you would be if you maxed out the previous chunk of content, so you don't need to even think about Forsaken (which includes all the other DLC, by the way) until you've finished the vanilla story and then some.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

Yeah, until you finish the vanilla (Red War) campaign, there is no reason to buy anything beyond Vanilla. Keep in mind, once you hit Level 20, you are more or less wasting time not going up in Level and Power though. You now only need to purchase Forsaken though, as it includes Curse of Osiris and Warmind expansions with it. If you are just playing solo, I would actually recommend against getting the expansion pass at this time. Black Armory doesn't have a whole lot of solo content. I doubt Joker's Wild will be any different. And if you are just getting into Vanilla, you have a ton to go through to get all the way through Forsaken anyways. Good luck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.