Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

Less than two weeks out: a reminder that you need to join a clan

• 136 results
    Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Zevvion

This thread is intended to give you short and concise information which I think is useful as an addition to the full pitch found here.

Why do I need to join a clan?
    Multiple reasons, but two big ones: progression and activities.

What about progression?
    In Destiny 2, you can earn loot, items, glimmer and other beneficial tokens for your in-game character periodically for the achievements of your clan as a whole. There are details, but it boils down to this: you receive rewards based on the activity and performance of everyone in your clan. This is a bonus to regular rewards you earn by yourself. All you basically need to do is be part of an active clan to claim these rewards.

What about activities?
    Destiny 2 is a multiplayer centered game. You can choose to play by yourself, but you will not complete the most prestigious, challenging and (most importantly) fun parts of the game that way. This requires more people. It is not just time consuming but also often yields disappointing results to try and find people to play with through other social venues. Having a clan list where you can easily join anyone is very helpful to make the game more fun and engaging.

I don't want to play with assholes.
    That's why you need to join a clan. The ones we offer here are asshole-free.

I'm not comfortable letting everyone down.
    First off, you're not alone. This is the main reason why people don't want to join a clan, it is a very common feeling. Luckily, it isn't the case for the clans displayed here. We are more than understanding of new players' skill-gaps or lack of knowledge on certain mechanics. You'll be guided through it and you'll come to find it is a whole lot of fun.

I don't think I am going to be very active in the long run.
    Clans may periodically wipe dead accounts because the clan limit is 100 people. If the majority of them are not playing, that isn't very fun for the ones that still do. That said, you won't be scolded for not wanting to play in any of the clans listed here. You're not forced to do anything. Might as well give it a shot, you may enjoy it more than you think.

In short, why do I need to join again?
    Rewards! People to play with! There is no down-side to being in one.

The Clans

What language do the various clans speak?
    Every single clan listed here speaks English.

How do I join a clan?
    Click on the link below of your desired clan which takes you to the clan page which looks something like this:

No Caption Provided

... read their motto below the clan name, read the description below that. If you like what you see, click the button to join. Make sure you join on the correct network (Xbox, PlayStation, PC) that the clan claims to be in, otherwise you will still have no one to play with!

Cerberus Wolves

• Platform: PlayStation 4
    • Leader: Zevvion
    • Main Timezone: GMT (West-European)
    • Allowed Timezones: All

The Murder Birds

• Platform: PlayStation 4
    • Leader: hestillives19
    • Main Timezone: CT (Various United-States timezones)

BatmanBatmanBatman Xbox

• Platform: Xbox One
    • Leader: LanceUppercut82
    • Main Timezone: CT (Various United-States timezones)

The Taswell Corps

• Platform: PC
    • Leader: hestillives19
    • Main Timezone: Undefined (likely US timezones)

What are you waiting for? Join one!

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By soulcake

Fuck man BatmanBatmanBatman Xbox, is a real good Guild name the other ones feel generic. Thanks for listing them all up BTW.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nice. I joined the PC clan.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I requested for Cerberus Wolves, can't wait to get going

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zevvion

@soulcake: I don't mind crying as long as you join one of the clans.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Zevvion If I'm in a clan already that carries over to D2 doesn't it?

I haven't played Destiny in a few months but the D2 beta got me super excited. Can't wait to see what the raid is like.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for the comrehensive post! Requested a spot in Cerberus Wolves!

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sent a request for Cerberus Wolves: xTheRealTurkx

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beefygrandmole: Yeah, you're in it already.

@quipido Accepted! Just like everyone else in this thread I believe, if not let me know.

Also, it would be useful if you guys joined the Discord as well. If you requested access to Cerberus Wolves I should have sent you a link through Bungie.net. I can also send a PM here, so let me know if you want in and don't have the link. For the other clans you'll have to ask the respective leaders.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mike

The Dandy Lions? Really guys? Oh man.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Hestilllives19

@beefygrandmole: That depends entirely on the situation of the clan. If they had an active Clan leader most likely he set it before Migration to be a Destiny 2 Clan. Otherwise the generic plan was as follows, if 50% or more (say 50/100 Clanmates of the Group) of the Group prior to August 23rd was in the Clan, it became a Destiny 2 Clan and all Group Members were removed. If it had more than 50% of the Group Members as only Group Members (say 49/100 Clanmates of the Group), it reverted into just being a Group. This is the situation with all Giantbombs Destiny 1 launch clans (Lincoln Force) since every single one of them had more than twice (most of them 3x-4x) the number Group Members than Clan Members and the original Founder didn't come back to choose to make them D2 Clans. I hope this explains the situation, but basically just go to Bungie.net and check your Clan's status yourself to see what happened.

@zevvion: All 3 of the other clans should be set to Open so anyone can just join, no request needed. Also, here is the link to the Discord for anyone that wants to join.

@mike: Hahaha, it's 100% a placeholder name until some people get into the Clan and Vote on a namechange. To be honest it was broken all night and I was bored just throwing out names trying to get one to work so I could create the Clan, and since the search function is still broken I couldn't check them. But lets be honest, isn't this the Dandiest Lion you've ever seen?

No Caption Provided

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman linky no worky op

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Yeah duders, I'm definitely down for this. I played Destiny 1 almost entirely solo, but I'm thinking playing with the people here would be a lot more fun. I'll be playing on Pc. (Battle.net - JoeseffG)

Also, just throwing out names here for the Pc clan, the Bombadudersand tag BBDRseems like a good candidate.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Joined the PC clan and noticed hestilllives' post.

I'm all for the clan name being a Giant Bomb reference. I nominate "Arrow Pointing Down" (clan tag APDP) or the usual "VinnCo" (clan tag VINN) since I'm not sure if "Bodega's Butt Barn" or "Naked Cartoon Pussy" would fly.

As for me being a possible admin: Not it. I don't plan on being in the game enough to really drive this thing; probably can't even if I wanted to. I'm just along for the ride to be an extra gun in co-op, though I usually like playing games solo. So, if there is someone who is only play this game on PC and be super dedicated to the game and clan like the Warframe guys on this site, I'll vote for that guy.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By onarum

Heck I absolute love "the Dandy Lions" tbh

Also eff Bungie for not releasing this at the same time on all platforms... the PC will lose a lot of GB dudes because of it

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@facelessvixen: I was just think of it being called Arrow pointing down as well. I don't hate The Dandy Lions, but I really feel like we need a more Giant Bomb name in the long run.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll leave my suggestion for the PC clan name here too then.

"Taswell Corps", tag "TACO"

Ryan must be honored!

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was one of those idiots who tried to enjoy Destiny 1 without friends or a clan. At least they'll have matchmaking this time! Joined Murder Birds because that's a better name than Batmanbatmanbatman. Is there a GB Destiny discord yet?

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am now a member of The Murder Birds. Still only have a loose understanding of what exactly the clan stuff is/does, but I'm sure the fine duders will help me along!

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johncallahan: Just an easier way for you to find people to play with really, and most importantly avoid randos

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@iamterics: There is a GB Destiny Discord. Link is in this forum post (among other useful links and info)

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johncallahan: You get glimmer, weapons, armor, currencies, engrams, etc. etc. etc. *random loot name here* and so on; just for being in a clan and completing activities.

You also get a clan list in-game next to your regular friends list that shows you which players from your clan are online, what they are doing, and an easy way to join them.

In short, useful and rewarding. No one knows the exact extend of the rewards you'll get though.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MattGiersoni

I sent a request to Cerberus Wolves, PSN and bungie thingy is the same as here (MattGiersoni). This is gonna be my first Destiny so I'm pretty hyped, I liked the beta. We'll see how this goes. Looking forward to having lots of fun with all of you!

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By onarum

@zevvion: Oh! that's neat, I was not aware there would be actual rewards.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattgiersoni: You're like, so accepted, you don't even know. You were accepted before you replied here.

@onarum Yeah, it's pretty sweet, though I would mitigate your expectations some. The information around it is a bit hazy. We have a dev saying you get loot flat on reset based on activities, but then there are images going around of clan reward banners that show it 'only' increases your chances of drops and rewards in certain activities. Maybe there are multiple things, maybe some stuff was scrapped, who knows.

Lanceuppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox clan needs members! If play on Xbox make sure to join up to play with other cool Duders. Taking suggestions on a new clan tag. I made Lives the founder I'll stay on as admin.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion Haha, thanks. I saw that. Being primarily a single player gamer, I'm pretty hyped. I've never played a super popular online game, especially on release, so this is going to be special. I've never used discord so I'm gonna check it out soon, too.

RyuseiDate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went through all of Destiny 1 alone, and had a bunch of fun with it, but I also started after Taken King came out. I was actually going back and forth as to whether or not I would play on PS4 or PC, but decided yesterday that I needed my Destiny fix. Sent a request to Murder Birds.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: @themanwithnoplan: Make sure you make the suggestions on actual Bungie.net chat for The Dandy Lions on the name change. Over there Taswell Corps is currently leading the pack on the name with TACO, and "Really, Mark Ruffalo? That's the face you're going with? God this movie's going to suck" as the Moto. The Clan Banner would be an attempt at a Luchadeer.

spamfromthecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do clans carry over from the first game?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattgiersoni Many of us are going to play from launch all through the night. Teaming up to do the story missions and Strikes, all while being in a chat party and talking about everything. It is always one of the coolest and most social periods of Destiny or any game I've ever played. It's lots of fun. Now you're going to get in on that. As for Discord, it's basically a glorified WhatsApp group. Easy to set up Raid times and whatnot. Don't worry though, you can mute the channel if it spams too much.

@spamfromthecan: Yes and no. The respective founders had a month to transfer their clan over to D2 as a clan or group (clans have clan utilities in game and gain rewards, capped at 100 people; groups can't use clan utilities in game and gain no rewards but are uncapped). If they didn't do that, then their clans would automatically transfer to D2 clans if they had few people or groups if they had a lot.

spamfromthecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Doesn't look like the original GB clans were moved over.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zevvion

@spamfromthecan: One of the original clans has changed names a lot, it is currently named The Murder Birds. All the others have likely been abandoned by those who were in it, which means they were automatically disbanded into a group, most likely (not a clan).

You can join one of the ones we have now though! If you're on PSN I would suggest my clan (Cerberus Wolves) if you are in any European timezone or American timezone that closely matches the GMT timezone. Otherwise The Murder Birds.

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Keirgo

@hestilllives19 said:

The Clan Banner would be an attempt at a Luchadeer.

Oh right, Luchadeer! Here I thought it was a House Baratheon inspired banner, haha. Luchadeer is much better. :D

Will join for sure as soon as I get home to my PC tonight!

Edit: aaand... joined. :)

bakoomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm another one who played a whole lot of Destiny mostly solo. I did play Strikes/PoE with randoms but never did any of the raids. Would be cool to team up with some fellow bombers to hang out and play. I was on Xbox before but I've switched to PS4 since so I've sent a request to join The Murder Birds (I kinda like the name btw).

I was tempted to go PC for Destiny 2 just for the 60fps, but I feel like console is where the community is going to be at, so PS4 it is!

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I was in the lincoln force clan so I don't know if it just changed names to Murder Birds, but it said I joined the Murder Birds successfully so I should be good to go.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Joined one of the PS4 clans. Looking forward to playing Destiny without having to find random jerks on a LFG website. It's almost here!

grapesoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined the PC clan, looking forward to actually trying some of the group stuff since I didn't get around to it on ps4.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

Depending on how things go in the PC Open Beta, I'll probably wait for PC for the better performance and visuals. Would be interested in joining a PC based clan.

I generally hated Bungie's attitude to matchmaking in Destiny 1. Hope that changes, most of the folks I played with had stopped playing by the time I reached some high end game content.

Warren2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By Warren2007

Thanks for the reminder!

I've put in my request for Cerberus Wolves.

GMT! For those that dwell in the meanest of time zones!

Rodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'm probably going to get this on the PS4 but I don't know which clan to join as I live in Australia, I don't want to take a slot of someone who will be more available during peak times with a better connection

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rodin: You don't have to worry about 'taking up a slot'. There is room for 100 people so you don't have to be online all the time. It's more about what you want. If you are online, it would be best for you if other clan members are also online, otherwise you have no one to play with, except on weekends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many playing Destiny is conversing via voice chat? Because I don't have a mic and never plan on getting one. I assume the PC version has text chat.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rodin said:

I'm probably going to get this on the PS4 but I don't know which clan to join as I live in Australia, I don't want to take a slot of someone who will be more available during peak times with a better connection

I'm from the US, and I played Destiny lots of times with an Australian friend of mine. PVP wasn't so good, but PVE was perfectly playable, so I wouldn't worry about connection. I wouldn't worry about taking a slot either, as we'll just have more people opening up other Giant Bomb clans when the existing ones are full.

Avatar image for deactivated-610c321d60197
    deactivated-610c321d60197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought Destiny 2 from the Battlenet launcher. Is there any other prep I need to do for the beta? I've already linked my accounts.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hestilllives19

@rodin: Like Zev said, your honestly in a position to join either. I play with several Aussies but the lag for D1 in PvP was pretty bad here in America. PvE is fine though. The Murder Birds are extremely close to that 100 player mark (87/100 right) so if you are worried about spots I think Cerberus Wolves has a bit more room (44/100) right now. But I don't mind you being one of the last 13. To be honest for you it should be more of a question of who am I closer to and would have a better connection with. I think you are pretty far from both but closer to America than the EU (Netherlands), right? Haha, Zev you and me should play together, I bet it would be a hoot. All the lag...

@boonsong: On PS4 it's pretty uncommon to not have a mic, everyone uses Party Chat pretty constantly. It's also pretty important for Raiding and Trials. But if you don't plan on doing those 2 activities you should be absolutely fine. PC will have text chat, I'm almost certain they've said that.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By onarum

@arcadefire: I think not, it also let me download it yesterday so if you haven't already you could do that, also have you joined the PC clan?

Rodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.