Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

New Destiny 2 Teaser Is Real Dumb

• 105 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

That teaser was bad. But the trailer struck a good balance. I was unimpressed with vanilla Destiny, but came back when all the DLC was bundled with the base game for $40. I put a lot of hours into and had fun; a big part of that was from listening to podcasts instead of the story. I did feel like I was so far behind my friends that I couldn't take full advantage of it's multiplayer offerings though.

As of now I'm leaning towards picking up Dest2ny, but I'm also going back to college in the fall so gaming time is limited. I may be better off skipping the game that is always positively described as addicting so I don't fail half my classes like the first time I gave college a shot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5909e94ba2838
    deactivated-5909e94ba2838

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cayde's the key to all this, if we get Cayde working. 'Cause he's a funnier character than we've ever had in the games.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

My issue is that I just don't find cayde to be that funny and borders on a little annoying. I definitely like Eris, Ikora, and Zavala.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Destiny 2 hype this week for the teaser and trailer seemed like a waste of time. Go watch Firefly or Fringe/The Wire if you want to hear either of those actors talk. I would've rather gotten something like a dev diary with the devs hopefully saying they learned from past mistakes, this one will actually have content rather than playing the same missions in a loop, spaceship fights, or whatever with a little bit gameplay.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#105  Edited By Humanity

@sloppydetective: I don't know about 2estiny but the first one was a huge time sink to the point where it became an obligation to play so I don't fall behind the group. I think it was the first game in a really long time that felt like this unhealthy habit. I eventually quit smoking because I realized I was doing it purely out of habit, wasn't getting any real enjoyment out of it anymore, and it was probably unhealthy for me in the long run. Destiny shared a lot parellels with that line of reasoning.

mcleangillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for using the "dumb" word but i think you are the only one that disapointed about the game release :-)

aphal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spacefish said:

Cayde's the key to all this, if we get Cayde working. 'Cause he's a funnier character than we've ever had in the games.

Haha. This is very apt.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Would be an awesome Borderlands-trailer. Or even better, an awesome Bulletstorm 2-trailer.

As for how this Connects to that guy in Destiny I would have no idea, I left it even before they removed Dinklage as Ghost, wich I actually liked. Voiced a square flying robot-thing perfectly.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I kind of liked it. I know I can't make serious judgments anyway for some things, but I liked what was on the turntable.

roli_84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://youtu.be/9ZyQK6kUdWQ This was one of their commercials for destiny 1 and that wasn't the tone of the game at all. So I wouldn't put too much stock into it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.