As soon as Bungie Updates the Blog I will post everything they have talked about. Here are some of the very likely topics of discussion though, starting with the earliest mentioned by Bungie to the latest.
- Change to Prestige Rewards (TWAB 10/26, State of Destiny 11/29), Raid Itemization across the game, most difficult activities will be the most rewarding (Christopher Barrett Tweet)
- Private Matches (TWAB 10/26, State of Destiny 11/29)
- Exotic Duplication Reduction (TWAB 10/26, State of Destiny 11/29)
- Emote Interface (TWAB 10/26, State of Destiny 11/29)
- Improvements to Chat Fuctionality (TWAB 11/9)
- Ranked PvP (State of Destiny 11/29)
- Crucible Quitter Penalties (State of Destiny 11/29)
- Themed Sparrows, Ghosts, Ships, and Shaders for Iron Banner and Faction Rallies (Christopher Barrett Tweet)
- Feedback on Eververse will be addressed (Christopher Barrett Tweet)
- Long Term and Short Term solution to Vault Space (Christopher Barrett Tweet)
- Adding more Collectibles and Hidden Secrets to future expansions (when replying "Yes" to returning hidden Ghosts) (Christopher Barret Tweet)
- New Weapon/Armor Mods will be discussed (Christopher Barrett on Twitter)
- Derek and Josh will talk about PvP (Christopher Barrett on Twitter)
- Rumble Gamemode will be talked about (Christopher Barrett on Twitter)
Crimson Days has been leaked via PC game updates so they will likely talk about it, Iron Banner, and Faction Rallies as well. They may also announce the date of the Gods of Mars DLC, likely in March-April based on leaks, past DLC launches, and the date of Season 3's start.
Listed below are the top 3 things Destiny fans are upset with Destiny 2 right now, and these issues may be being addressed today, but we shall see.
- Eververse is far too pervasive and is putting too much loot into Microtransactions that were in game rewards in Destiny 1.
- The End Game is weak and the Raid rewards are too slim and unrewarding. Loot in general is boring.
- PvP is dull and boring to both watch and play.
- Character Level 20
- Completed the Red War campaign
- Completed the Faction Rallies Introduction Milestone
- Pledged to one of the three factions
Iron Banner will return 1/30/17-2/5/17.
Bungie also wants to "set clearer expectations for is which categories of content are available to everyone each Season, and which are exclusive to Destiny 2 Expansions".
Changes for the upcoming Seasons...
- "We’re shifting the balance of new content in favor of activity rewards over Bright Engrams. This includes adding Ghosts, Sparrows, and ships (to date found only in Bright Engrams) to achievement reward pools." (Likely this is referencing stuff like the Faction and Iron Banner items we've already seen in the database)
- "We'll provide a gameplay path to earn Bright Engrams and all contained rewards (including Event Engrams)."
- "We’ll give players more direct purchase options and make adjustments to Bright Engrams to allow players to get the items they want more often."
In a weird way Bungie announced Crimson Days as if everyone already knew about it from the leaks. Event begins 2/13/17. Here are how some of the above changes to Eververse will work directly in Crimson Days.
- "Completing Nightfall, Raid, and Crimson Days milestones during Crimson Days will reward you an exclusive Legendary Emote, Weapon Skin, and Exotic Sparrow, respectively."
- "Players will earn double engrams at level-up: one Crimson Engram and one Illuminated Engram for the duration of the event."
- "Crimson Engrams can also drop from completing the Crimson Days match and from completing the Crimson Days milestone on each character."
- "Each Crimson Engram is very strongly weighted to new rewards when decrypted until all new event items have been obtained."
"We are still investigating changes to XP earn rates. Our goal with any updates to XP are transparency and consistent XP gain regardless of your preferred activity. Right now, it’s too slow in general and lopsided towards grinding specific activities (which is not a fun grind) and we want to fix that without making those activities low value to players who aren’t grinding them (fairness is cool). Our first attempt turned out to be unworkably buggy so we’re having to investigate other angles. We will continue to update you as we move forward."
January 30th Update
- Masterwork Armor - Increased Damage during Super, reroll Armor Stats (likely talking about Mob/Res/Rec), and are upgradable via Masterwork Cores just like Weapons are now.
- Raid Rewards - Gear with Mods including Raid Specific perks, each major Encounter will drop a Reward, and the Raid Vendor will sell both Leviathan and Eater of Worlds items.
- Strike Scoring - Nightfall Timers will be replaced by Strike Scoring, "player selectable score modifiers" are a thing, High Scores shown via Emblems and unlocks rewards, and Clan/Community High Scoring Plans are in the works.
- Mods 2.0 - Full rework of both Armor and Weapon Mods. Reduce Redundant Mods, unique themes, and greatly increase impact on Power. "We will be evaluating how Mods play into the Bright Engram economy as a result, because we’re sensitive to pay-to-win outcomes." (How about just take them out of Bright Engrams...)
- Quickplay Improvements - Increase pace of gameplay and Power Ammo acquisitions.
- PC Tower Chat - Text Chat is being added to the Tower for PC.
- Exotic Repetition Reduction - Players will no longer be able to get the same Exotic twice in a row. (Why not just put back in the higher priority system from D1 that already existed, it worked great...)
- Fireteam Members on Map - You will now see Fireteam Members on the Map when on a Destination, sadly this is actually a great fix because this became a huge hassle when doing Public Events together.
This may or may not happen prior to DLC 2, as they say "taking the time we need in development of Expansion 2 that will allow us to react to player feedback from Curse of Osiris", but these changes will drop before or during Season 3.
- Crucible Ranking - Destiny will be adding 2 Ranking Systems called Valor and Glory. Valor always goes up with every win, but Glory goes up for wins, and down for losses. It was not said whether you choose which one to equip and earn or if you just choose which one to display in Crucible.
- Private Matches - A thing once lost will return, Private Matches from Destiny 1 will be returning. Sadly they don't seem any more involved than they were in Destiny 1, so the wait doesn't really make sense at all.
- 6v6 Playlist - A much requested feature is returning. Though under the current Meta it would be beyond awful, so lets hope some major Sandbox Updates hit before this happens.
- Mayhem Events - Mayhem will return as an Event Playlist similar to how it was in Destiny 1. It will likely be up 1 week each Month. During The Dawning it was basically the only shining beacon of light the Crucible has seen since launch for Destiny 2 PvP, so this is a very great thing.
- Additional Fixes - They talked about some behind the scenes security fixes and making quiting less common. Not much to talk about here.
- Sandbox Update - Per usual they will do a Weapons/Ability balance pass and also look specifically at Exotic Weapons and Armors to "ensure they stand out from the rest of the gear and offer new, exciting, powerful ways to play".
- Seasonal Reputation - Certain Vendors will now have Seasonal Reputation Resets, but this allows them to have Seasonal Rewards that unlock and reset at the end of each Season. This is likely all of the major Tower and Planetary Vendors, so start saving those Tokens.
- Improved Events - Faction Rallies and Iron Banner will both continue to see updates beyond the changes being made in the next few weeks.
- Repetition Reduction - Suppose to solve the problem of running into the same Strike or Crucible Maps and Modes consecutively.
- End Game Player Pursuits - Shifting rewards from Bright Engrams into End Game rewards. They will share more as soon as they can.
- Multi-Emote - The much talked about Emote Wheel is on it's way. It will allow players to place an Emote in all 4 Emote positions.
- Vault Space - They are adding 50 Vault Spaces and an Exotic Accessories Tab for Ghosts/Sparrows/Ships. They plan to do more in the future, but it isn't ready to be talked about yet.
- PC Clan Chat - Clan Chat will be added to the PC version of the game. I'd honestly like to see this on Consoles as well.
- Heroic Strike Modifiers - They are adding Modifiers back to Heroic Strikes. It sounds like this will include the introduction of brand new modifiers that will likely be added to the Nightfall as well.
Fall 2018 or Sooner (Hopefully)
- Item Collections and Records
- Weapon Slot and Archetype Improvements
- Additional Crucible Playlists (e.g. Rumble)
- Better Clan Rewards
- Masterwork Exotics
- Pinnacle Weapon and Gear Improvements
- Trials of the Nine improvements
- Shaders and dismantling
- The Future of Guided Games
- Address Solo Vs Fireteam matching