Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

Q: What is better? Uriel's Gift or The Number

Avatar image for larryfitzgerald
    LarryFitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Q: What is better? Uriel's Gift or The Number (93 votes)

Uriel's Gift 74%
    The Number 24%

Right, so one of my friends is in FWC an recently got The Number - An auto rifle - from a chest and hasn't shut the hell up about it. Now I know about Uriel's Gift and I know how good it is but he claims the number is better. The number is a super rare weapon and hardly anyone has it (You have to be super damn luck AND part of FWC).

I know probably a lot of you may not know too much about The Number or Uriel's Gift so I will link videos for you to be your own judge. They present so pros and cons to the weapons. I'm just wondering if I should feel jealous that he has "The best weapon in the game" or if he's clearly wrong. Thanks!

Video about The Number:

Video about Uriel's Gift:

• 
    pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By pyrodactyl

I guess I should test out the number out. Uriel's gift is very good and you can't go wrong with it in PvE and PvP. The thing that sets it apart is high caliber rounds and the number doesn't have that. Just from the videos you posted Uriel's Gift seems better in both PvE and PvP.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Uriel's Gift is better because it has high caliber rounds, which are super powerful. Also, nothing in Destiny 2 is "super rare." All you have to do is turn in a bunch of a FWC tokens and you'll get it eventually. The weapons drop much more frequently from those packages than armor does.

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer Uriel's for its Hi-Cal. The Number is a fine auto rifle though.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

I'm pledged FWC and I got both, Uriel's gift was higher power so I was using that. I'll have to try out the Number for comparison. Ricocheting bullets sounds fun.

Usually I don't use an autorifle in the energy slot; I use Sunshot there and Scathlocke in the kinetic slot. But that's one fun thing about this game, there is a lot of unique weapons to try out.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Uriel's Gift by a mile. High-caliber rounds > pretty much anything else right now. Start shooting someone, and you just ruin their aim with flinch. It's really stupid game design that makes only a handful of weapons truly competitive. And that's not an assumption, as I've used The Number as well.

MisterEyeballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MisterEyeballs

I've used both extensively. They're both great, but Uriel's Gift is better. The High-caliber rounds are just insane right now.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Loading Video...

Like everyone has been saying, Uriel's Gift is better, and it's only because of the High Caliber Rounds, otherwise the guns are identical. Both are extremely good though, and easily the top 3 Auto Rifles in Destiny right now with my personal favorite, The Prosecutor (it has better stability and just fires like a laser on targets).

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think both are comparable, but I've been maining Uriel's Gift in my Energy slot while I use Nameless Midnight scout rifle for my primary. Personally I enjoy using Origin Story the most out of all the auto-rifles so far but Uriel's Gift has better range.

LarryFitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@probablytuna: I've been hearing that a lot of people really like Origin Story. Lots and lots of praise.

spamfromthecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@larryfitzgerald: Origin Story is the only kinetic auto rifle worth a crap. And its actually probably the best auto in the entire game.

danwis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the Number fairly early after release in a random drop and I've loved it. One of my favorites for both PvE and PvP.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Uriel's Gift is easily the better weapon. High Caliber Rounds is what makes that weapon the beast that it is. Take that away, and other people will start winning gunfights more easily.

The number is a super rare weapon and hardly anyone has it

Just FYI, this isn't anywhere close to true. I don't know if your friend is just trying to make you jealous saying things like this, but it is an extremely common drop that probably everyone who has pledged to FWC has multiple of at this point in the week. I have three characters and the one I play the least is pledged to FWC and I have received at least five of these so far.

LarryFitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Oh wow. Thank you for telling me this. I'm going to link him this forum and make him feel super butthurt hahaha.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm a Prosecutor man, myself. But the stopping power of Uriel's Gift is jaw-dropping.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inevpatoria: I completely agree, I love my Prosecutor as well, just shoots like a laser. But Uriels just gets people spinning right round and they don't know what to do. I hate getting hit by that gun.

LarryFitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@larryfitzgerald: I hope they reduce Flinch across the board Primary to Primary, I think that concept is complete garbage. As far as Auto Rifles, I honestly hope they don't get nerfed. They are good right now, but everything is in a pretty good place. If they nerf anything it changes that balance between the guns which IMO are in a pretty good place. The only thing I have seen that really needs to happen is Pulses need a range buff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Origin Story

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I found The Number in the very first Cayde chest I came across. It doesn't seem to be a rare item as since I joined FWC I've acquired it at least three more times in a week!

mycoolhistory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not confident on this but I think The Number has higher stability than UG, which is why I tend to prefer it. But in terms of raw effectiveness UG takes the cake.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By devilzrule27

I had The Number drop in the second week of the game before the factions came to the tower. I absolutely love it.

Casualty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Casualty

Just so everyone knows. I’ve received The Number twice and I’ve never in my life joined FWC. So, for those people that keep saying it’s rare just don’t play enough.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casualty: It's RNG. Personal mileage will vary greatly. I've played for 217 hours and turned in over 30 FWC packages and haven't received it once. But I'm on that bad end of the RNG curve when it comes to The Number specifically. While opening more FWC packages next time will increase my odds of getting it (if it's still available), it is in no way a guarantee. There is also the fact that we very likely will be seeing new Faction Weapons next Season, which will make guns like The Number all the more rare since they will no longer drop. Personally though, I'm not that worried about it, I prefer Uriel's for most situations anyways due to the High Cal rounds that stagger Ads, rather than the slight uptick in damage at the end of the magazine that isn't all that noticeable. It would be nice to own at Calus, but I'd probably still rather use Uriel's, especially on Prestige.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.