Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

What is the etiquette for doing a raid through the guided games feature?

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xdeser2

So I've been playing Destiny 2 since it originally launched, returning with each expansion, and I've liked it, but I never put much time into the post story grind until this season. I was always somewhat grumbly about Destiny being a game-as-service and not being a "proper fps rpg", but decided to throw that aside and finally descend into the grind with Beyond Light and play it as an mmo. Lo and behold I've been extremely enjoying my time with it, but its left me with a big question.

Namely - what is the etiquette for doing a raid through the guided games feature? I've never been a mmo player before D2 so I dont have that experience to inform me. What am I expected to know about a raid before I go in - in terms of mechanics? Am I expected to have a mic? is there anything else big I'm missing? I'd rather not spoil the story of the deep stone crypt for myself before I jump in but, if thats what needs to be done...

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I did this once, and the guy who was running it was really nice and very patient. He seemed to have a crew with him who he knew, and he had no problem explaining all the mechanics to me and whatnot. I did get my mic set up and join them on discord. Honestly it would have been difficult without it.

Generally I think the people who are doing the guiding are doing it because they want to , and expect that you might have no clue what you are doing initially. It was an enjoyable experience over all, it did take a while but thankfully no one left.

Do keep that in mind... it might take some time, so have the time allocated beforehand so you dont have to leave early, because that would be bad form. I looked at some youtube videos of what to do beforehand so I at least had a little knowledge of what to do going in, and had a text guide open on a tablet aswell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.