Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

A Ram Theory

SpaceCowboyPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think I got it. maybe, just maybe, I found the meaning behind the Ram exotic and its cryptic "praise me" description.

The epiphany came to me one day, playing Dark Souls. I met good ol' Solaire, and my mind immediatly tought "Praise the sun".

Then, the theory came. See, a ram is the avatar of the Egyptian god Ra (specifically, it's "dawn" form, Ammon-Ra). Ra is the Sun god. Therefore, the "PRAISE ME..." commands us to "praise the ram" since it is equivalent to "praise the sun". Bonus "proof", the helmet's perk, before going to the Voidwalkers, was directly aimed at Sunsingers, who - like Ammon-Ra - are reborn with the sun.

Basically, it's a big, fat Dark souls references (and it would not be the only one: Heart of praxic Fire anyone? Also, Bungie claimed they took direct inspiration from the Souls franchise).

Opinions?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

That is a cool theory, but unfortunately the reason Bungie gave was something so dumb I even forget what it was. Wasn't it a line in a sitcom or something? Something pointless like that. Your theory is a lot cooler though.

SpaceCowboyPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Really? I've been kind of really interested in the trivia behind this helmet (there are a lot of theories about it) and I did not think bungie gave an official explanation.

Where did you learn it was a sitcom line (or whatever)? Do you have any link or something?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.