Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Anyone going to play Rise of Iron?

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tds418

So I'm on the fence about this expansion, and I'm wondering how other GB players feel.

Personally I played the hell out of year 1 of Destiny, doing weekly raids and all that, but got kind of burned by Bungie's lack of content in year 2. Except for a couple events here and there (Iron Banner, helping people with a raid) I basically haven't played in 2016. I think I logged in for an hour for the April update.

People in a similar boat as me: do you plan to play Rise of Iron? People who are still playing: what are you excited about?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Did you have fun with taken king? If yes then buy it and join one of the GB clans.

Or wait to see if the content is there. Don't expect more than taken King though. We're probably getting less

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I am definitely playing Rise of Iron. Interestingly enough I just started playing Destiny 3 weeks ago. Right now I am loving it and am trying to join one of the GB clans.

I'm pretty much just excited to see new content while it is new. Everything I have trucked through in the past 3 weeks is old and people have been running it just to be nice to me basically. I can't wait to see the new stuff with everyone else.

FloppySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to get it until I realised there's only one new strike, the patrol is just Russia with snow and the price.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not until it drops in price. I waited until the last big expansion did that and I'll do it again for this one.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I was going to but it's $45 here so fuck that

Destiny expansions are always WAY overpriced. Especially if you're not going to do the raid

frankbrown9298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am definitely going to play Rise of Iron. Even I also started to play Project-X by saljack enterprises. Its very interesting game as well.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#8  Edited By extintor

I had a hugely mediocre experience with year 1 vanilla destiny; was unimpressed by the House of Wolves; but then got back into it with my multiplayer group for the Taken King, and am now absolutely down for this expansion.

It is amazing just how much vanilla destiny has been improved - but a lot of that improvement requires playing with a group to fully appreciate.

Lasaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, in for the expansion, looking forward to doing the new raid with some of the guys from the GB clans.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I am 100% not in your shoes as I'm a Day 1 guy who has never really left. I continued playing even the past few months, albeit only on the weekends for Trials, but haven't gone more than a week without Destiny in a long time. I will definitely be picking it up on Tuesday, honestly am considering taking the day off work for it. I'm just ready to tackle some new stuff, see the new Raid, try out the new artifacts, etc. I'm not the biggest fan of the most recent changes for 2.4.0 because they destroyed both my PvE and PvP playstyle with the Sniper changes but I'll adapt, we Guardians always do. I think the thing I'm most excited for though is getting my Destiny friends back together to do stuff again. Me and a lot of the Dot RU guys have been doing Private Matches this week and it's been a blast. With my PvP playstyle getting kicked in the teeth I feel like I've been getting a beat down but doing our own custom Muskets and Swords gamemode has been amazing (No Land Beyonds and Sword Hilts vs each other in Elimination). It's possibly the best things they have ever done for Destiny, maybe even better than any of the Raids, because we can literally do whatever we want with each other.

@scientificpizza: Holy crap, where in the world do you live that it costs that much for Rise of Iron? Even I would be hesitant to buy it at that price, and I'm like a Destiny crack addict.

BeardDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am on board for ROI. Been playing from the beta and still love the game. I took about a mouth off while moving and now back in at 100%! They hype is real and the space aids are flowing. I will be getting up at 4am to start at launch and will taking the 20th off work.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@hestilllives19: Australia :(

It was literally cheaper for me to buy a boxed copy of The Taken King than just get the DLC last year. And it's only Destiny that it's like this for.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I... don't... fucking... knoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

I decided to quit Destiny because it took up more of my time than I liked. Not sure if I was addicted to it for real since I didn't have a dude evaluate my behavior, but I'm pretty sure I was. I'd like to play 'some' Destiny, like about 4 hours per week. I'm just not sure I can do it. I haven't kept up with all the Destiny news so I don't really know what is in this new expansion apart from the early buzz saying it would be a bunch of strikes and a Raid. I don't know if I want to raid a new Raid though. If I'm going to do it, I want an absolute A-team. I don't want to wipe over and over because someone messes up. I really don't want to spend half a day clearing a Raid.

I don't know.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scientificpizza:Yeah, I was actually going to guess that. Gaming has to really suck there. Prices seem nuts for other stuff there frequently too, consoles especially. I've played Destiny with a few Aussie's and the matchmaking for PvP sounds like an actual Nightmare, especially since Bungie's inclusion of SBMM. Some of those guys told me it can take 15+ minutes just to find a Clash match at times. I don't envy that situation at all. If I was in Australia I might make the same decision not to buy as well.

@zevvion: Dude, I just assumed you fell into a Black Hole somewhere. How the heck has it been my friend? I made a post about our Clan stuff the other day, you should check it out. If you do plan on skipping this DLC you might look at making Lassan or one of your main guys in Cerberus Wolves (whomever that may be) an Admin so that they can help out with stuff there while you are away from the game. I just wouldn't want you losing people while you are taking a break from Destiny. Either way it's good to see you back around these parts again.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: I'm actually looking at the Twitch reveal now and booting up my PS4 to check if I have pre-ordered it already. I think recalling I did because of Black Gjallarhorn. Looking at that reveal makes me remember how much I love Destiny. I just don't want to play as much as I did before though. It wasn't healthy.

BeardDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Agreed. Having a good team makes all the difference.

Avatar image for purplepartyrobot
    PurplePartyRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In for Rise of Iron. I have at least 6 friends on at any given time who play this game fanatically so I'm able to experience all of the content. The friend factor really ramps up the experience for Destiny- raids are among the best content in the game, but you need at least 5 other people who aren't complete assholes to have a good time.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ready for Destiny 2. I played the hell out of Destiny, and like it well enough, but I'm ready to see what they do with a proper new game. So I'm not going to play Rise of Iron.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tds418

@ungodly said:

I'm ready for Destiny 2. I played the hell out of Destiny, and like it well enough, but I'm ready to see what they do with a proper new game. So I'm not going to play Rise of Iron.

Yeah I didn't say this in my initial post, but this is part of my reluctance about ROI.

I'm going to see how people react to the new content for the first few days before I make my decision about jumping in.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Short answer: Eventually.

Long answer: I really enjoyed Taken King, but the game needs way more PVE content for me. I will get to it eventually, but I have a zillion other games on the list first.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Not for $45 I'm not. I don't see nearly that value of content there and I'm pretty sick of needing to continually pay for amounts of content other MMOs would either offer for free or put into a much more substantial package.

Plus, Bungie hasn't exactly been forthcoming about how Destiny 2 fits into all of this. Forgive me for not being eager to continually pay 3/4 of full price for expansions to a game that might be obsolete in a year.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ch-yup!

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer: $45? Are you in Australia as well? Dang, Aussies representing in this thread today if so.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah... I have it pre-ordered. Guess I'll play it a lot again.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope, too many games coming out for me to go back to an old grindy game

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

It's 40 bucks in Canada, so maybe not at launch. Eventually, for sure. Unless I wait so long that Destiny 2 comes out.

I just got back into Destiny, and most of my characters are around 250, so I'll just have fun trying to get them better gear, and also maybe do any of the raids. Only did VoG waaaaaaaaaaay back on my PS3 at launch.

boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By boatorious

With the whole xbox one strike thing (the PS4-exclusive strike from last year still isn't coming to xbox this year, in addition to whatever PS4-exclusive stuff they have for this expansion) I've kind of had enough of the Bungie platform baloney with this game. I might still give in and play it, but this is the first expansion I'm not planning on playing or pre-ordering.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I wish I had the time and a group to play this game. Maybe next year.....

climax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am pretty close to getting it right now. Im grinding to get 335 light level, but its much harder than I remember

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Most likely. I really enjoy Destiny in spite of its flaws. I think it's a great playing game that is super easy to play with others, but has a trash story. Basically Diablo 3, but worse. Like Diablo 3, I will buy any new content they put out for Destiny.

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Amducious

Yes, pre-ordered, and I don't pre-order anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just bought the RoI pre-order that came with all the previously released stuff. I played a bit of vanilla Destiny when it first launched and wasn't super into it. I like it better now, but am still not nearly as deep into it as I know people have gotten. It definitely helped that I started re-watching the Simpsons in it's entirety while busting through the story stuff. I hope I can get caught up so I can play story stuff alongside my friends. I think my light level is at 200 right now so I got a lot of gear ahead of me to do raids with them.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just bought the RoI pre-order that came with all the previously released stuff. I played a bit of vanilla Destiny when it first launched and wasn't super into it. I like it better now, but am still not nearly as deep into it as I know people have gotten. It definitely helped that I started re-watching the Simpsons in it's entirety while busting through the story stuff. I hope I can get caught up so I can play story stuff alongside my friends. I think my light level is at 200 right now so I got a lot of gear ahead of me to do raids with them.

Just do Strikes at the highest possible level with Three of Coins active. You'll be 300 before you know it. Also, when that DLC hits tuesday you're going to bump up a lot as well. If you play this weekend and then on launch day, you should be around your friends' level before the week is over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fca852418
    deactivated-5de2fca852418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i tried to join lincoln force when i bought destiny w/ the taken king, but i didn't get accepted - and i didn't have any other people to play with, so i only played about a third of it. if anybody still wants to play the taken king PVE stuff, i'm up for that!

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scheisse said:

i tried to join lincoln force when i bought destiny w/ the taken king, but i didn't get accepted - and i didn't have any other people to play with, so i only played about a third of it. if anybody still wants to play the taken king PVE stuff, i'm up for that!

Cerberus Wolves is a clan that will have you.

I can do some PvE with you, though Taken King is fairly lengthy in total content so I can't commit to doing the entire thing though.

sonofa2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sonofa2

I've loved Destiny since vanilla, and I'm excited to jump back in for Rise of Iron. I don't expect this expansion to be super massive, and probably smaller than The Taken King, but all I'm looking for is a good time with some friends.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Destiny is my favorite game, I played the hell out of each expansion and will continue to do so.

Avatar image for tavistavistavis
    tavistavistavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, 1,000,000 times yes. Love me some Destiny.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.