Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Can you still buy vanilla Destiny on PSN

Avatar image for jdizzlefoshizzle
    jdizzlefoshizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jdizzlefoshizzle

So I've never played any of Destiny, and don't plan on investing a lot of time in it. I just wanted to get the cheap original version so I could play with a couple friends who also just got the game tonight. More of an excuse to chat with some friends who live a few hours away than something I want to get all the dlc for. So I searched on psn and it looks like you can only buy Destiny:The Collection which seems to have everything and is 60 dollars. Am I missing something here? Does vanilla destiny no longer exist via digital download. Do I really have to pay 60 dollars for a two year old game?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I think Taken King is the cheapest option now. I believe it's on sale this week.

mpdebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The collection is currently $25 on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Collection-PlayStation-4-Standard/dp/B01K63R7HY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481827519&sr=8-1&keywords=destiny

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Hestilllives19

@mpdebo: Yeah, that is by far the best deal available. It's pretty much the best deal I've seen in awhile on The Collection as well. You should buy this @jdizzlefoshizzle. As just buying Destiny base pretty much won't allow you to do much anymore and this is pretty cheap considering is included everything. They also have The Taken King for $17 but Rise of Iron is easily worth the extra $8 to have the ability to do all of the current content. The base game is being sold still for $12.50. If you only want it Digital though PSN only has The Collection for $59.99 though they put it on sale sometimes, I think it went on sale pretty cheap last month right before Black Friday sales.

Edit: Actually, not sure why it wouldn't show up when I searched Destiny, but they have a sale for Plus members that has The Taken King for $11.79 Digitally. That's probably your cheapest route Digitally right now. It would include everything but Rise of Iron. They must be changing the deals on PSN for their holiday sale because I checked last week when someone asked about Destiny and that and a few other games weren't on sale then, and some of the ones that were are gone now.

Edit 2: Nevermind, that is just The Taken King DLC for base Destiny, so don't buy that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.