Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Can't buy Rise of Iron via PlayStation Store?

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I already have The Taken King (on disc) but for some weird reason it's not letting me buy Rise of Iron on my main PS4 account, but it's letting me buy it on a side account. On my main account it says "Not available for purchase" and if I click on 'Tell me more' it says, "You do not own Destiny: The Taken King". What the hell?

I don't want to try buying it on my secondary account in case it won't let me play on my primary one. Anyone have any insight?

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

From my understanding The Taken King version has a code you redeem to access the Taken King and other DLC right? Did you accidentally use that on your secondary account? Double check the store and your download list to see if it thinks you own Taken King.

Your Best bet is customer service if everything on your end looks ok. Parts of the PSN store can get kinda wonky here and there sometimes iv noticed with knowing what you have and have not purchased. Normally for me tho its just that the front end will show prices as if i don't own it, but going into the game page will normally show it as purchased and downloadable. Sometimes tho it will still give me the "not available for purchase" error, but it shows in my download list and purchase history still just fine. kind of a hassle but usually not a problem for me.

Either way if the secondary account is setup as that PS4 being its home console, any account signed into that PS4 should be able to play anything purchased through that account.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lego_my_eggo: You're right, the license for the game was first activated on my secondary account I guess by accident. I bought it on my secondary account and it transferred over. What a weird system.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

PSN is shit, especially when you use multiple accounts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.