Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Destiny Update 1.30 is going very, very slow. (PS4)

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Updated completely stalled on 4.2/33.44 GB. Seriously. These update files are just getting more and more ridiculous. I hope it'll get fixed soon because at this rate I'll just end up deleting the game and moving on.

Anyone else experiencing problems with this update?

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Hestilllives19

@mordukai: It's not a Destiny thing. It's a Playstation thing. Xbox users don't seem to have this issue and are always the first people to play the new DLC's if you watch streams. Sony's network architecture leaves a bit to be desired, their servers are incredibly slow, and the file formatting makes it reconfigure every software package from the sum total and place the update into it's specific location on the hard drive. It's incredibly cumbersome and silly. One trick most people have found is that if you Pause and then restart a download, Sony actually finds you a new server. If you find one of their faster local servers, it starts to go pretty quick on the download side, at least if you have a good connection like myself at 150+ mbps download. But it usually takes several tries, as I watched Gothalion (top Destiny streamer) at lunch today try 5 or 6 times to get a proper server. But the compiling of the update still takes several minutes. I rarely get these updates, at least the major ones like todays to go faster than 15 minutes, and that's with having a pretty great connection myself.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai

@hestilllives19: Update:

Saw your solution on another thread and tried it several times to zero success. Tried resetting the network settings, nothing. Tried resetting my entire network, no go. Ended up deleting the entire game and re-downloading it it and now it's completely stalled.

Too bad. I wanted to try some racing but it seems it wasn't in the stars for me as I usually get fucked over by issues like this. You name a rare glitch a game can get, I get it.

Guess it's time to move on.

EDIT: Download is going fine until it hits the 208mb mark then is completely stalls.

mcbisquick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Might not help, but I was downloading a HITMAN update and it was going unbearably slow. Noticed there was a system update that needed to be installed for the PS4. Once I did that, my downloads went back to normal.

Your issue might be more complicated. Or Sony is just jacked up and I got lucky.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.